Having Trouble with Azmodan Uber

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having Trouble with Azmodan Uber

Post by SexyPotato on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:38 pm

My character is a javazon. I have done most of the beginner uberquests, but I have never been able to do azmodan. I have tried 50+ times. I am at work so most of this is off the top of my head:

Stats:
75 resis
~120,000 def
~32% block
~15-25% damage reduction depending on gear choice
~5k life
~ consumed about 80 signets so far
~ my dmg is kind of poop, I don't kill him that fast. Takes about 3-4 full seconds of Enfilade to take him down

I'm specced for curare and dumped a bunch of points into summons to help with uberquests. My Fire elementals have about 10k life.

I have tried the strategy to find a corner where mobs are not immune, but I have only seen this one time, and I had a curse on me that reduced my movement speed to almost nothing and I couldn't use any skills? WTF curse is this? Once I get cursed I always die and I always get cursed.

I have jitans gate and have teleported into azmodan and hurt him but i almost always die before he does. Most of the time I get cursed and cant move or use my skills. I have killed him one time doing this strategy but all my summons died and I got swarmed Sad

SexyPotato
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having Trouble with Azmodan Uber

Post by PaulManKey on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:46 pm

tp counters the curse issue there and generally , if u cant tank (which u most likely cant) dont attempt the jitah go boom boom strat, instead run into a corner, if it fails and monsters not immune, tp to town ,wp ,and do the circle but this time go the other way (when u enter his tomm that is) ,try that a couple of times . Also another thing that comes to mind is go to a corner and summon ur fire dudes on the opposite corner to try and lure mobs+azmo Laughing

PaulManKey
Djinn

TGBest 430

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Teleport into a corner of azmodan's room so you dont pull extra mobs from the corridors, then enfilade him he dies instantly and fire eles are immune to his fire dmg.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:47 pm

To tell the truth, teleporting is suicidial there, because you never know what mobs are awaiting for you behind the walls. My suggestion is to reroll the map until it spawns with a low density. From my experience, it happens in 20% times. What is most important you have to reroll the map without invulnerable Alpha Centaurs and/or Unseelie Dames (~ 40% they will spawn there) because they greatly slow you down to death (Colosseum and Unseelie Curse). Just walk there and find Azmodan. If you're lucky (and once you will be Wink ) you'll find him comletely alone at the bottom of the middle room. That's why it's worth farming him for a trophy. Just don't get annoyed with rerolling the map, and you'll succeed. Good luck! Smile

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SexyPotato on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:15 pm

Thanks for the tips will try the teleport strategy Very Happy

SexyPotato
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:24 pm

Teleport strategy will make you ragequit Smile Do what stealthmaster told you. You dont necessarily need to re-roll for low density, but avoid ones with Unseelie Dames. The curse is really nasty and if you teleport away you might get into a bigger trouble if you don't know where to teleport safely. I suggest using ricochet (with curare of course), cause most of the time you will find yourself kiting a lot of monster along with Azmo. He is 1-3 poison hits away from death.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Well, I´ve never been a great fan of running from corner to corner on that Uber, so it it were of help for you this is what I did there before my toons could use the direct teleport way:

As you know, once you enter you have to ways to go: an upper an a lower one. Take the lower one (using your minions as lures to keep the monsters that will stay on that room busy).

For what I saw, Azmodan will take that way too 90% of the times, coming to your position, so the only thing you have to do is, once you meet it, Ricochet+Curare till death (and meanwhile it comes your way, you will have a pair of seconds to position your toon on a good place, keep on summoning minions, etc..time that you will miss with the direct teleport).

It is not a 100% safe tactic, as it depends on what you will face on that room (as there are some deadly "combos" that could be faced there like colosseum+rain of quillstorm, unseelie ladie curse, etc...).....but that can be also said of the "from corner to corner" tactic so at the end the risk will be the same.

TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SexyPotato on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:55 pm

I guess I need to up my poison dmg because I am no where close to killing him in 1-3 hits with ricochet. I have -93% enemy poison resist and i think my curare hits for like ~60k over 3.4 sec? I can't remember but I know it's less than 80k and more than 40k.

My guess is it would take about 5-6 hits of full poison duration to kill him, thats at least 18seconds. From what I understand of poison damage from the docs, poison spell damage will not increase my damage because it is a ranged attack as opposed to melee. Is that correct?

SexyPotato
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Correct. Poison duration won't work either, since it's not a spell.
Also you can use Moonbeam to poison him instead of Ricochet, since its easier to aim.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:08 pm

I was having a lot of trouble with azmodan with my bowzon and I just respec'ed to spearzon with curare and pounced all over the place till everything died. 

You can always try that if you get too frustrated

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum