Barb Dual Wield RW weapon choice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barb Dual Wield RW weapon choice

Post by Azathoth on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:04 pm

As suggested, I'm opening a new topic for my question.
Gonna switch soon to dual wielding barb, and I need to figure out what weapon to get next, or maybe if I should also replace the one I currently have.

So, I have Rockshatter, which has small dmg, but crazy proc and nice CB. Any runeword that might be better(and save me like the proc from this one does at times)?

For the second one, I'm trying to decide between:
- Gehenna(gen weapons) - nice -% enemy res and life bonus
- Urada(sword) - would work nice with new barb passive to add lightning damage to attacks and awesome reanimate)
- Calypso(hammer) - I already have lighting, poison and fire dmg from time to time from community gloves I just found, so I'm thinking the procs and cold damage might be worth it here, even if it's lower lvl. The downside here is that I can't use the new sword/axe skills, but I was thinking SB and WW are enough, I don't know, maybe someone tested the skills and can give me a suggestion.

Once I do make this switch, any suggestions to increase my AR? It's really low, currently. I know I read somewhere that Marco made a few modifications to this because people sometimes didn't realize how important it was, but I can't remember where I read it.

What would you suggest guys? I would test them all, but I really lack the time, when I get home. Last evening I only played for 20 minutes Sad

Azathoth
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barb Dual Wield RW weapon choice

Post by archon256 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:15 am

I would prioritize weapons you can get double MO bonus on easily. That means honorifics early game, then runewords and/or crafts.

Dual wielding is very strong with double MO because there's a lot of good weapon-only MOs you can use on both weapons, and some of them apply no matter which weapon you're using. For example if you put 15 +4 life on kill MOs on each weapon with double MO bonus, that's a 15*4*2 = 120 life on kill from each weapon, for a total of 240 HP back every time you kill something. (For stuff like ctc Crucify on attack the percentages are applied separately for each weapon you swing, so you can't get 60% ctc Crucify per swing, just 30).

The other thing I would prioritize are on-attack procs. You're going to be spending a lot of time just swinging to charge up Blood Hatred (even more so if you smax it) so if you're able to proc AoE skills at the same time you'll do more damage.

Once I do make this switch, any suggestions to increase my AR? It's really low, currently. I know I read somewhere that Marco made a few modifications to this because people sometimes didn't realize how important it was, but I can't remember where I read it.
Daedalus adds a lot of %AR. You can raise your base AR by putting some points into dex.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barb Dual Wield RW weapon choice

Post by mahitovec on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:20 am

its always good to mo laek when you have ~2k losim

and as archon said on attack procs are good, elemental ones even better since its synergies with bh

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum