MTG thread (Magic the Gathering)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MTG thread (Magic the Gathering)

Post by Will on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:07 am

I don't see one so here it is.

For MTGO and MTG (the real life game).

I play competitively mostly online these days, and friendly booster and Elder Dragon Highlander variations in person. Made a lot of friends (and some $) in singapore selling cards there (real paper cards-Dual lands to be exact).

I once went "infinite" for a brief time in booster draft play with my clan. It certainly upped my game to play online after beginning with in-person play with tempest or mirage block, and right when 5th edition came out.

Anyone else on the forums play?

Also I am always up for buying collections or up for the possibility.

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MTG thread (Magic the Gathering)

Post by sirus628 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:15 am

I used to play a lot before 8th edition. I am a bit younger than 5th that is right before I started playing. I had an awesome sliver deck. And a cool 0 cost artifact deck that was based on mirrodin stuff.

I have recently gotten into the illegal world of Cock Magic though. Bloody dangerous sport that I mostly play with the yakuza underground here in Japan.

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/8noztk/screw-the-free-range-chickens#source=ff4daa77-43e0-4601-8fd6-21ea1daf9c19&position=1&sort=airdate

sirus628
Spike Beast

TGBest 85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:25 am

mirrodin was imba if nothing else. but cool none the less. Same with kamigawa in my view Wink

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:48 am

started playing around 7th, played until like Judgement, played mostly with friends, so no pro. was too expensive for the likes of a high school kid.

always wanted to try a draft (?) tournament.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:01 am

I like being able to use any cards or not needing to keep up with the latest packs except in booster because the fee is cheap and you get rewarded with your deck!

Draft is awesome. I lub booster draft Smile

Also consider MTG online for booster format. I thought I stunk but read some tips and asked for advice from friend I met through clan or otherwise and was soon earning enough MTG Points to be self-sufficient in entering tournaments via prizes + cards.

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by sirus628 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:15 am

I want to get into MTG online at some point soon. Which one would you recommend the steam one?

sirus628
Spike Beast

TGBest 85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:20 am

There are two? do you mean the one with virtual cards? which can be redeemed for real cards if you have a full set......

If so that's the one I'd recommend.

But I think I know which one you mean. It has a limited amount of decks but is good for new mtg players and to learn magic.

There is also a really fun ANDROID (and Iphone if unlocked) and windows etc. Program where you battle and get virtual packs. This one is freeware unlike the above ones. 

If you're interested I'll find the website for it. It has most mechanics and is quite fun though its single player versus smart AI.

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by sirus628 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:23 am

Yea I knew there was A wizards sponsored one and one that was on steam or something like that. Im not in the loop on steam these days. I love freeware though especially android. I have a bunch of rooted custom rommed super phones that I got for free changing contracts hahah.

sirus628
Spike Beast

TGBest 85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:34 am

HAH!

Speaking of which I need another unlimited grandfathered plan from VZW grr.

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by sirus628 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:47 am

@Will wrote:HAH!

Speaking of which I need another unlimited grandfathered plan from VZW grr.

Do what I do, mess with your sim to confuse what ever tower you are connecting to, not report a % of your packet use to verizon or w.e.

I worked as a tower climber installing the LTE garbage for a bunch of the carriers for while. Learned a few tricks from that, also from working on radios and radar and high tech garbage in the Air Force.

In japan everyone has unlimited data. Mostly because the Japanese government themselves didnt allow companies to screw over their citizens because they bought into the same plans. Hence the amazing internet, and the fact my electric bill was 30$ last month.

They do cut your bandwidth like the states tho. Cause the biggest provider is softbank, owned by a Chinese dick that has a fake Japanese name and also owns sprint (and a bunch of other crap). The whole thing is a racket they use less than 10% of their capacity on any network and work together to hike up prices steadily over years for crap data.

Which is why I turned off their ability to control the way the tower talks to the sim on my phone. I was using 50-70 gigs a month on my phone (hotspot mostly) and they asked me about it at the store hahaha good thing my Japanese sucks I can play stupid.

All that stuff can be done on your phone, mostly not a legal issue either because there is no one looking for it. And they will just drop you if they find out. Maybe not worth the risk but I dont like big business.

Any way hook me up with that android mtg for sure.

sirus628
Spike Beast

TGBest 85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum