Bourne DW Barb (WIP)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bourne DW Barb (WIP)

Post by Sharmi on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi guys, I would like to share with you my progress with dual weild Barb named Bourne after Median XV. I got this idea around level 35, so don´t be mad at me for missing first levels. So, where am I now? After little farming Tristam I managed to get double Bul Kathos' Teaching. I thought having chance to proc Spike Nova would boost my dmg. But I have to say I fell in love with Windform. So far it gives me much higher killing power than other skills (haven´t tried Deathgaze though). Iron Spiral feels much weaker, at least so far and I don´t want to put more than one point into it. Anyway...

Stats:

gear:

skills:

I´m still deciding if i should use wolf stance or snake stance for poison dmg boost for Windform. I´m using Steel Golem because of Stun attack, but I might switch to Jitan´s Cannon for more elemental dmg. I will try to update this topic regulary. Cheers! Dancing

Alright! After some Mephisto farming I managed to do L1C without much problems. Thanks to LOSIM from BH and Windform I managed to survive even storming through big packs. Later on I put some points into Iron Spiral and it quickly became my main aoe skill. But right now I´m having problem with Diablo due to lack of single target skill...

Sharmi
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bourne DW Barb (WIP)

Post by Sharmi on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Alright, just finnished Hatred. Whoohoo!
In your face Baal!:

But, back to my progress. I got sick of Iron Spiral and it´s weak dmg and especially low dmg against single target, so I´ve decided to try axes and Deathgaze.
Just before venturing into Halls of Pain I made double Essus RW into random t2 Hammerhead axes. My dmg skyrockted, bot aoe and single target. Since then it was just fast and brutal killing power thanks to Deathgaze.
Essus RW:
At Nihlathak I got lucky and dropped Gift of Spirit Beast
Gift of Spirit Beast:

I almost gave up on my DW Barb due to slow killing, but Deathgaze changed my opinion. It is superior to other Barb DW skills, cause it is awesome boss killer as well as decent aoe clearer. As far as skills goes, I´m currently putting points just into Deadalus, Deathgaze and Spirit Guide. Any thoughts on this as I don´t have any experiences with Barbs.

Sharmi
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:49 pm

You should definitely put a point into a thunderslam and maybe SoR if you haven't yet done so. Those skills are far too valuable to ignore, even for DW barbs.

On my barb in SP, i am dual wielding as well and mixing it up with iceburst for single targets or very beefy ones, and iron spiral/death gaze for big clumps of enemies.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharmi on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:24 pm

Yeah,I´ve put points into TS and SoR, but haven´t used SoR so far. TS on the other hand has been very helpfull. Also, I just did ennead challenge. Got Worldstone orb on first kill, hah. Lucky I guess. It was stupidly easy.

Sharmi
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:41 pm

I want to suggest using unique Balanced Axes. This is what I am having now and it's awesome. Great procs, good stun and high dmg.

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumbles on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:11 pm

I did well using 2 kriegsmessers. spike nova proc, flat life, losim, tcd and barb skills. It even drops from gift box.

Also, tu ida has 3 melee procs but I haven't tried them.

Fumbles
Mangler

TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_potato on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:16 am

On my Deathgaze barb i'm using two rare ctc balefire hammerhead axes, thunderdome, kali, craton, jitans, deadfall, 2 +1sk ctc supernova on kill rings, random +3sk ammy.  It's gotten me to destruction no problem.

for skills i put 1 pt in deathgaze (extra cold damage not that appealing compared to other skills) smaxed daedalus, 10 in bh, 1 in tslam, smax wolf stance and spirit guide, 10 in wolves, in in AB, 1 pt immortal, smax runemaster.

I charge up BH till iv'e got max -enemy res, hit 'em with titan strike for extra def and life regen, as well as damage from str bonus, then kill everything with deathgaze/balefire/other procs, throwing out tslam when needed.  I'll switch to lion stance i think after i get some more speeds from charms/runes but for now i hit max speeds with wolf (and the cb is nice Very Happy)

also, about to test switching out one of the balefire axes for atmg on kill and finding a decent wdm/spell on striking proc from some other piece of gear.  I'll report back if i find something good. EDIT: On second thought, that strategy might work better with swords + iron spiral.

evil_potato
Bane Hunter

Evil Protato
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharmi on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:42 am

Fumbles: Yeah, I was using them too, but I don´t know, the dmg seemed kind of low compared to Deathgaze

Evil_potato: Thanks for lots of useful info,I might try it. Smaxing wolf stance seems maybe even better then putting points into Deathgaze (although the cold dmg boos is huge!). Also, why 10 points into BH? Why not max it?

Sharmi
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharmi on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:14 pm

So little update. I´ve managed to complete act II on Terror difficulty without much trouble. Currently on lvl 94.
STATS - mostly in strenght,but last 15 levels I started to put points into vitality to boost HP:

Skills
I was experimenting little bit, so my skills distribution is far from perfect, it might even seem little random, but i can´t respec at the time. Also I chose Runemaster as my uberskill, not sure if Nephalem weapons would be better though.
skills:

Gear
Well, gear is pretty solid, I guess (except weapons, those sucks - both still tier 3). I will change gems to runes to make uber skill shine. I´m not sure what runes should I use though. Also I´m not really sure what MOs to put on my gear. I heading for -enemy resists, but with BH, I don´t need that much, so what else to use? Resists? I´m waiting for sacred boots to make Craton RW and possibly sacred head for kraken stance, if it´s useful. Any suggestion towards gear? Currently using random +2skill amu, Ring of truth to boost defense and random +1 skill ring.
Gear:

Sharmi
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:25 am

@evil_potato wrote:On my Deathgaze barb i'm using two rare ctc balefire hammerhead axes, thunderdome, kali, craton, jitans, deadfall, 2 +1sk ctc supernova on kill rings, random +3sk ammy.  It's gotten me to destruction no problem.

for skills i put 1 pt in deathgaze (extra cold damage not that appealing compared to other skills) smaxed daedalus, 10 in bh, 1 in tslam, smax wolf stance and spirit guide, 10 in wolves, in in AB, 1 pt immortal, smax runemaster.

I charge up BH till iv'e got max -enemy res, hit 'em with titan strike for extra def and life regen, as well as damage from str bonus, then kill everything with deathgaze/balefire/other procs, throwing out tslam when needed.  I'll switch to lion stance i think after i get some more speeds from charms/runes but for now i hit max speeds with wolf (and the cb is nice Very Happy)

also, about to test switching out one of the balefire axes for atmg on kill and finding a decent wdm/spell on striking proc from some other piece of gear.  I'll report back if i find something good.  EDIT:  On second thought, that strategy might work better with swords + iron spiral.

I love duel balefire proc weapons on my duel wield psuedo-caster. With eagle-stance and BH you can be procing balefire constantly and your life ball never budges.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum