Any tips for Barb?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any tips for Barb?

Post by GoDLloyD on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:53 pm

Hey everyone,
I could use some tips for Barb(s)

I have never actually played Barb and thus have no idea of the most important things, but Barb appears to be a very strong class and most likely to get through all Ubers, here's my Barb:

Terror (act 3)
lvl 76
Stats: all into STR (I put 15 Keys into Char Orb for AR which was enough to get until here)
all challenges done already, except for BRC

Skills:
Melee skills all 1pt
Wolves max
ancient blood 16
spirit guid max
Bear Stance max (was Lion Stance until Terror, I just kept dying and couldn't even get through cold plains)

Equip:
honorific gloves for All res
TU Labrys
TU Splint Mail
TU Assault Helmet
TU Heavy Boots
TU Heavy Belt
Ring (no special rings yet, planning on getting Uniques in Act 3 + D2 clicker though)
Amulet with TTAD for extra wolf mark damage and 10% atk speed (thinking of increasing it for some decent breakpoint, but I'd like to wait for atk spd runes)

I'm not entirely sure how to:
get decent survivability (especially any kind of life reg)
get enough AR (once required; I've tried putting 100 Points into Dex, but that increased the hit chance by a mere 4%)
I don't know on what to focus for damage output, especially when using an Axe (I assume the marks + multihitting of Stormblast will do the most, but if that was for all, I would ofc use a fast weapon instead of a strong hitting axe)

I would like to play a melee Barb, no fortress for me (since it doesn't work with bear stance, though I might switch my main stance sooner or later again)

Thanks in advance,
GoDLloyD

GoDLloyD
Quill Bear

TGGood 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Any tips for Barb?

Post by Stealthmaster on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:58 pm

For survavibility, respec half of your stats to Vitality. You don't actually need to boost strength for moar damage in Terror, since Stormblast and SoR are already enough powerful to rip your enemies apart till level 120 without extra str points.

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Any tips for Barb?

Post by Gekko64 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:11 am

apples in char orb would give life leech, also no need to max bear stance, just invest enough points to reach 50% DR with your gear. you can also put points into Deadalus instead of ancient blood for hp, AR and damage. if you want to use fortress you can just switch to wolf to cast and switch back to bear. something like this, wih daedalus instead of screaming eagle ofc: Skillplan Barb (Barbarian, 2012 v005)

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum