Suggestions for Werewolf Druid?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions for Werewolf Druid?

Post by Ironpool on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:01 pm

i'm trying a werewolf druid as my first char this ladder, so i need some help with building an untwinked char.

i just hit lvl 120, have t6 dao of xiansai great sword,jitan's kamon splint mail,grimspirit spirit mask, pollice verso gauntlets, deadfall belt and some random crafted boots. sockets are filled with resist gems. all items are orbed with enc def/total char def plus.

i only leveled str, and have 6100 hp with goodberry (think it might be too low), 55k def and max resists.

having the brc upgrade would be good but i can't clear fauzt yet. so i'm asking, what should i fill the sockets with, which items should i change and which is better : force of nature or faerie fire?

Ironpool
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Werewolf Druid?

Post by Quirinus on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:25 pm

moved from general discussion to newbie help section

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:35 pm

Definately faerie fire over force of nature. Getting lifeshield as soon as possible will make a world of difference when it comes to your survivability. The weredruid doesn't have a lot of needs to be met per se so socket fillers are largely up to you. The morph does seem to have a relatively high breakpoint for increased attack speed so you may want to consider jewels with IAS on it, otherwise I would go with jah runes for now.

For items consider the following cheap alternatives which may serve you better than your current setup:

Weapon: Gehenna runeword (XAR) in a double MO upgraded sacred greatsword. The lifeboost should help you in the meantime and it should give you a considerable damage boost if you make it well enough. Also consider oblivion runeword (LAH) and void (LO) runewords.

Armor: Jitan's kamon is great. Consider messing around with the dragonheart runeword (kra) for its extremely high defense (over 20k) bonus to life, all skills, and attack speed. I highly recommend this armor for almost every weapon damage build in the mid-late game transitionary phase.

Helm: Natha runeword (LO in druid helms) is fantastic until you get some of the rarer sacred uniques. Nymphs grace is great for avoid stacking as well.

Gloves: There aren't a whole lot of great choices here but I happen to like using strength crafted gloves. Aim for high %bonus to strength, flat strength, and burning veil when you kill an enemy. If you're being a perfectionist about it, you should also look for +max damage on the gloves.

Belts: Deadfall is nice when your killspeed is low. I would keep it as is for where you are at this moment.

Boots: Meh is all I can say. Endgame, clawfeet are great but they're rare. Shove in whatever you need here after the rest of your gear is set. Use it to make up for resistances and whatnot.

Jewelry: dual bloodbond rings are great if you don't go the craft route on gloves for the high level burning veil proc. Otherwise I would go dual earthrousers for literally every stat they have. For the amulet, consider Teganze Pendant for the mana after kill, resists, and max life.

What's your skillplan look like?

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironpool on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:50 pm

thanks for the tips, currently my skillplan is:
max elfin weapons, max werewolf form,max feed the pack, 10 points in harbringer, max goodberry and faerie fire. i'll use the unspent points after i increase the max skill level

Ironpool
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:17 pm

faerie fire works great with 1 point only

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:46 pm

It does work great with 1 point but you really don't have a better place to put the skill points plus avoid stacking makes you a god against melee mobs.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:13 am

Huh? Force of nature boosts wdm and any spell procs you might use. Why would you use fairy fire?

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:22 am

Force of nature nets you about 3000 damage and 150-200% ish spell damage going full strength. Faerie fire nets you over 20% avoid to stack on top of the melee avoid you get from your morph and any avoid you may get from your helm (windsinger ftw) on top of also serving as a weapon damage dealing passive. In most cases, faerie fire is arguably more valuable.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sirus628 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:25 am

@The Big Ouchy wrote:Force of nature nets you about 3000 damage and 150-200% ish spell damage going full strength. Faerie fire nets you over 20% avoid to stack on top of the melee avoid you get from your morph and any avoid you may get from your helm (windsinger ftw) on top of also serving as a weapon damage dealing passive. In most cases, faerie fire is arguably more valuable.

Cookie. I don't see any reason to use anything else unless I am on bow or rat and don't worry about death at all.

sirus628
Spike Beast

TGBest 85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:02 pm

I wasn't aware you needed survivability Laughing Also, if you are harbinger all over the place your 1s ff isn't hitting shit anyways.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum