Dual Wield Barbarian Help

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dual Wield Barbarian Help

Post by MrFunk on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:23 am

Hey guys I know this might sound stupid but I can't seem to figure out how to life steal to be able to survive properly on my dual wield barb.

Does life steal % even work with Deathgaze? I put life on strike on my weapons but it doesn't seem to work consistently at all. I'm in terror and have 14k Attack Rating so I know I'm hitting because I wipe the floor with most mobs but I don't seem to steal any health at all.

On that note as well I don't really understand how Blood Hatred is supposed to work? It looks like it gives you a buff once you charge it up to give you huge life on strike but again Deathgaze doesn't seem to steal health even with that on either.

Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

MrFunk
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dual Wield Barbarian Help

Post by BASED_GOD on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:36 am

get LAEK?

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

I'd rather be a Devourer!
TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFunk on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:49 am

I tried that but I can only get a small amount on each of my weapons for a total of like 90-100. It doesn't seem to keep up very well.

MrFunk
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by titan015 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:21 am

In what difficulty are you in and how much life leech do you have? Higher difficulties has LL penalty.

As for bloodhatred it is life on striking in melee so you gain hp in each melee swing and not for each axes that hit. Keep in mind that this BH has also a drain component so resulting life gained might not be the amount you expected.

titan015
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFunk on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:22 am

But Blood Hatred is supposed to be a buff? I was correct about that part right? It SHOULD work on Deathgaze first two hits, just not the axes.

MrFunk
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:25 am

moved from general discussion to newbie help

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:25 am

Life leech (and mana leech) works on all physical attacks. For skills that convert damage to magic/elemental only the unconverted part will be considered for life leech. However keep this in mind:
LFAQ wrote:
Q: I just finished Hatred/Terror, and my Leech stopped working!
A: Normal difficulty has a 1/4 (25% effectiveness) penalty on leech.
In Terror, your leech effectiveness is lowered to just 1/50 (2% effectiveness) penalty.
Destruction then pwns it completely, to 1/100 (1% effectiveness) penalty.

Life on striking will work with every one of Deathgaze's missiles. Life on striking in melee (which is what Bloodhatred gives you) will only trigger once per melee attack if you successfully hit an enemy with it.

Bloodhatred gives you 50 LoSiM per hit upto a max number of times equal to its skill level. So slvl 10 would give you 50 LoSiM on the first hit, then 100, then 150 etc. until a max of 500 on the 10th hit and onwards. If you only use it once then switch to some other skill you won't get the full benefit.

Can you hover your mouse over the attack rating in your character screen and tell us what the chance to hit for a regular monster at your level is? If its low that would explain the problem you're seeing.

@MrFunk wrote:But Blood Hatred is supposed to be a buff? I was correct about that part right? It SHOULD work on Deathgaze first two hits, just not the axes.
Correct.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFunk on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 am

It says I have 95% hit chance. I didn't know about the melee not working on the homing axes. That's why it isn't working. Pretty sure I'm gonna bail on playing Barb dual wield to be honest.

MrFunk
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:39 am

That's unfortunate. It's a strong build in my experience, the amount of life on striking in melee you get from Blood Hatred is high enough that it doesn't matter that it only works on the direct melee hit (if you look at how much generic life on striking you can get on items it's a lot lower compared to LoSiM).

You just need to charge Blood Hatred up to maximum and keep the buff up. If you don't switch to Blood Hatred every now and then to do so, the buff will wear off and you'll have to start charging up again from 0. This might be why the skill seems unreliable to you. But it's not hard to keep the buff up, especially now that with Daedalus it can be made to last much much longer. You can also buff %buff duration MOs and stick it in your jewelry to make it even easier.

Defense isn't an issue, you just need to pick your skills and itemize properly to do sufficient damage.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFunk on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:41 am

The issue I keep running into is melee defense. I outrun the wolves then BAM all my defense goes the fuck away and I die. It happens A LOT.

MrFunk
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum