Anime Discussion Thread

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Post by Inertia on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:30 pm

I actually liked Death Note's ending, but the whole "becoming a god" ending would have been cool as well lol. I liked FMA's ending too. Thinking

I just finished watching Steins;Gate, and holeeee shit was I not prepared for the emotional fucking roller coaster that anime was. I still haven't recovered from it. I will say, if you want to watch it, be warned that it is the slowest anime I've ever watched, but once the story kicks in, it kicks hard and keeps kicking until the end.

Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Banned on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:27 pm

Is it worth watching FMA Brotherhood after FMA ? I watch 1st episode, seems like they are repeating the whole thing but with a bit of bias ?

Banned
Cathedral Drow

Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inertia on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:31 pm

@Banned wrote:Is it worth watching FMA Brotherhood after FMA ? I watch 1st episode, seems like they are repeating the whole thing but with a bit of bias ?
I didn't watch Brotherhood, but I hear it follows the manga and has more action compared to the original. You might enjoy the ending of brotherhood more though, considering it's apparently very different from the original.

Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:40 pm

I didn't like FMA. It got better towards the end though. It's decent, but I wouldn't watch it twice.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:44 pm

anyone suggestions to watch
just random suggestions/fav anime
except the things everyon knows naruto op etc

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inertia on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:53 pm

@Str0b3l wrote:anyone suggestions to watch
Terror in Resonance is a pretty new anime that I'm not sure about, but it might be worth looking into. I really liked Eureka 7 (dubbed is actually better in this case), but I'm not sure if I would call it my favourite. Watched some episodes of Eureka 7: AO and didn't like it very much at all, probably because it's too different from the original Eureka 7.

Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Rook on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:25 am

@Str0b3l wrote:anyone suggestions to watch
Hmm. Personally, I would recommend Log Horizon or Hitsugi no Chaika. Kill la Kill is good too. To elaborate, Log Horizon is about a huge MMORPG called Elder Tale. It's been around for years, had dozens of expansion packs and millions of players, so it's basically Ultima or Runescape crossed with World of Warcraft.
Then something goes wrong with the fourteenth expansion: Homesteading the Noosphere. When it is released, every player who is logged into the game at a time disappears. They then wake up inside the game, and discover that they've become their characters and everything works like it did in the game.
Except for the part where the NPCs are people, the monsters start plotting to move directly against civilization, and many of the adventurers are less interested in protecting the cities than in enriching themselves.
I find the series to be generally very good, with good art, great music that actually brings a game to mind, generally believable characters and a fascinating plot. The fight scenes are quickly sidelined in favour of politics and diplomacy which makes for a nice change of pace from most of the stuff that I watch. I would recommend that you at least check out the first few episodes: they're available for free on Crunchyroll.

Hitsugi no Chaika is a very different thing. The titular Chaika is a girl who is  trying to gather the pieces of the dismembered corpse of her father so that she can give him a proper burial, and ends up recruiting Toru Acura and Akari Acura, a brother-sister team of saboteurs (read: ninjas) who have been out of a job since the war ended, to help her. I find the series interesting because it all but says outright that the protagonists are the villains. It hints pretty heavily that reassembling the Emperor's corpse will cause Bad Things to happen, and most of the known world is trying to stop them from succeeding, aside from those who are trying to recover the pieces of the Emperor themselves for various nefarious reasons.
There are some incestous undertones between the Acuras, but as long as you can put up with that, I find the series to be well worth watching.

Kill la Kill, now, hoo boy... this series is insane. The show starts with the protagonist arriving at a city-school that's being run like a fascist dictatorship by the tyrannical student council, which upholds a cult of personality around the council president who upholds her power via distributing special school uniforms that give people superpowers to people who agree to serve her, and a school discipline club that murders anyone who doesn't toe the line. Halfway through the first episode, the protagonist gets raped by a sapient school uniform and things get weirder from there.
I love this series. It's crazy and insane and hilarious, and goes over the top roughly every other episode. At the start, you will probably be put off by the ubiquitous fanservice, and by the end,
Spoiler:
you'll hardly even notice that every named character in the series got naked together and that makes perfect sense
. I really think that you ought to at least check this out. You owe it to yourself.
Just remember that the series doesn't really pick up until after the first four episodes, with the fourth being generally considered the worst, what whith the sub-par animation and poor plot, though the series gets better afterwards.

All of these are available on Crunchyroll for free, though you're going to have to sit through a lot of commercials unless you pay them money.

Grey Rook
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:13 pm

thanks for suggestions, my fault havent said iirc that ive watched log horizon lately was pretty cool Smile
will check the other ones, domo arigato

btw Kill la Kill sounds fun as hell lol

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Rook on Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:43 pm

@Str0b3l wrote:thanks for suggestions, my fault havent said iirc that ive watched log horizon lately was pretty cool Smile
Oh, you did? You seem to have  a good taste in anime, sir.
will check the other ones, domo arigato
Excuse me, but I am not familiar with the expression 'domo arigato'. Could you explain it to me, please?
btw Kill la Kill sounds fun as hell lol
Oh, it is. Smile  Assuming that you can get past the first few episodes, that is: I like the series, but I cannot deny that it includes some seriously skeevy shit, especially early on before you get used to it.
Man, I hope that I don't get banned for this.

Grey Rook
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:19 pm

domo arigato = thank you very much

yeah ive watched log horizon and iirc they are working on season 2

and i love crazy shit, ive been long around the internet and im happy the crazier the shit becomes

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum