Anime Discussion Thread

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Post by march11 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:07 am

lol luffy looks terrible...

this is pretty much a linear power up like ssj in dbz, by the end of the series luffy will have a ridiculous g9,his base looks terrible since time-skip

march11
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Sat May 02, 2015 5:24 pm

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sat May 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Cant be worse thanGT
Lets hope it has the sanme qaulity AS the New movie
Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Sun May 31, 2015 10:58 am

Pls let me know guys:
1 With what frequency do you watch anime/read manga?
2 Have you ever attended an anime convention? (Do you continue to do so, how often or would you?)
3 Have you ever done cosplay? (Pics!) Very Happy

Sry for very sudden spike of curiosity lol.

Last edited by void on Sun May 31, 2015 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sun May 31, 2015 11:12 am

1. hard to say, I usually don't watch, then have a marathon 1-2 days where I watch a whole season. but nowadays I don't watch often, because there's not many good anime around (or I've grown out of most of them).
2. no
3. no

Last edited by Quirinus on Sun May 31, 2015 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_potato on Sun May 31, 2015 11:27 am

@taem wrote:It's now fucken April and still no new chapter. Fuck Miura!

This.
evil_potato
Bane Hunter

Evil Protato
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sun May 31, 2015 12:13 pm

GIEB CHAPTER
Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Sun May 31, 2015 1:04 pm

@Quirinus wrote:1. hard to say, I usually don't watch, then have a marathon 1-2 days where I watch a whole season. but nowadays I don't watch often, because there's not many good anime around (or I've grown out of most of them).
2. no
3. no
1 I'm not sure what you mean by "grown out of", pls elaborate.
2+3 Ya know, me neither (almost, I went yesterday LOL! didn't cosplay, but still was really fun). I wish I'd had the balls as a kid to take the train and just ask people for train numbers (cause bad eyes). QQ But whatever.
Well, I would have thought you'd been at a convention at least once, Quiri. ^^
void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sun May 31, 2015 2:45 pm

1. Depend of my current mode. I was anime-mode when I was only have my tablet (pc left at office with tons of anime-batches full season). After getting my work-laptop, Im now game-mode and rarely watch anime.

I watch anime with 1.7x / 3x speed now depend on "how boring" the series. You need reclock add-on to make your media player classic to not go full chipmunk voice. I marathon them full series usually, up-to-8 hours if the series interesting enough (I did this for space-brothers / uchuu kyoudai)

2. Yes, but since I am cheapstake and our currency is abit weaker, usually there are a lot of bootleg stuffs coming from taiwan/china. I usually just focus on poster since it occupy biggest area in my room.

If I cant get cheap current trend anime, I usually try to find shop that sell 2nd hand or super cheap old anime stuff. I bought couple of nice things in Akihabara's 2nd hand shop during my trip to Japan before.

3. No cosplay, since it costed a lot of moneys (I rather spend on anime merchandise).

Since I lost my signature

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iwansquall&show=0&order=4
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sun May 31, 2015 11:44 pm

@void wrote:
@Quirinus wrote:1. hard to say, I usually don't watch, then have a marathon 1-2 days where I watch a whole season. but nowadays I don't watch often, because there's not many good anime around (or I've grown out of most of them).
2. no
3. no
1 I'm not sure what you mean by "grown out of", pls elaborate.
2+3 Ya know, me neither (almost, I went yesterday LOL! didn't cosplay, but still was really fun). I wish I'd had the balls as a kid to take the train and just ask people for train numbers (cause bad eyes). QQ But whatever.
Well, I would have thought you'd been at a convention at least once, Quiri. ^^

I could tolerate and maybe even like some of the shounen and fan service anime back when I was younger, but now I get the urge to bash my screen if I see a shounen.

the plots/stories are stupid and all the same. the fan service is retarded and most girls have too big boobs and really weird and ugly proportions (that are supposed to be sexy because they're bigger, but bigger does not equal more beautiful or more sexy), not to mention that fan service does not have anything to do with the plot.

the sad reality is that the market is flooded with shounen, and low quality clones at that. there's nothing new and exciting, and good stories/execution are a rarity - it's all a bunch of boring regurgitated animal food. I couldn't care less for good graphics/music if the anime made sense and had a good story, pacing and atmosphere.

the problem is that even most of the seinen suffer from the same things because there's just an overflow from shounens, and some writers get stuck in that mindset and produce crap. so at the moment I'm looking for some good seinen anime, but not having much luck, since there's so little of them, and the ones that are there usually suck balls.

I also don't understand the need to completely avoid sex in anime and relegate it entirely to hentai, where it's exaggerated. sex is a normal and important part of life/relationships, so seinen anime should have it. I'm not saying you have to explicitly show it, but at least give a hint or something.

as for anime conventions, there's none in Croatia (or they're really small, so I dunno about them), and I don't really have the money to travel to some to other countries. I don't really care much about conventions. Maybe if I had some hardcore anime fan friends, I could accompany them there.

for cosplay, well, it's mostly girls that do it, it's a bit weird for guys imho. it's not normal in my country. and I don't really have such a big passion that I have to cosplay and show people. outside of conversation, I usually like to keep my stuff to myself. I would maybe consider some simple cosplay if I went to some convention, more as a means to make a joke or mess around than to cosplay, per se. I might think about cosplaying as a support for my gf, if she cosplayed - but she doesn't watch anime, so there's that. xD

I don't care to show what my preferences are via my clothes or appearance - if I would, you'd see me wearing black and having a long hair/beard because I'm a metal fan, but I wear normal clothes and people would never guess I listen to metal.

Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: