questions about "- x% to all enemy resistances"

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

questions about "- x% to all enemy resistances"

Post by ControlledAnger on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:21 am

Does this apply to physical resistance?

IE. If im playing a holy paladin and I use queen of class, Is this getting applied to physical resistances?

The affix does state "all" and doesn't state "elemental" so logically it should if it works how its worded.

ControlledAnger
Steelfur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: questions about "- x% to all enemy resistances"

Post by Quirinus on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:35 am

please use the short questions thread for a short question.
http://www.medianxl.com/t5684-short-questions-thread?view=newest

the answer to your question is no.
only fire, water, air and earth resistances are lowered.

ok that wasn't funny. only fire, lightning, cold and poison.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ControlledAnger on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:50 am

Please don't post in my threads anymore, as everywhere I post you have something unwanted to say about it.
This was were you directed me the last time i posted, so i guess ill just ignore you from this point on ><.

if that was a joke
ok that wasn't funny. only fire, lightning, cold and poison.
disregard everything above.
Thank you for the answer.

Last edited by ControlledAnger on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

ControlledAnger
Steelfur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:54 am

The short question thread is in the newbie forum, he's just being more specific about where to post such simple yes/no/one-sentence type questions.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ControlledAnger on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:00 am

@archon256 wrote:The short question thread is in the newbie forum, he's just being more specific about where to post such simple yes/no/one-sentence type questions.

It's called a forum for a reason though, so I'd assume (like every other forum I have been on) making threads (especially ones without pre-existing answered questions like this one [and yes i used the search engine]) help people find answers to future questions without making a thread/post at all.

That is the ONLY time i will as a questions, is if it hasn't been answered, or at least isn't searchable anymore.

This specific question was not listed anywhere on this site that i could find, and as the wording of the affix is blatantly wrong as I suspected, its important enough to make a thread about imho.

But like i stated in the edit, i'd assume he was joking from the bottom of his post.

Last edited by ControlledAnger on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total

ControlledAnger
Steelfur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:00 am

what? I'm just informing you whats the rules/etiquette on this forum, since you're new. if I didn't do it, someone else would have told you to post in the short questions thread sooner or later, most probably sooner.

one opens up a new thread only if what he has to ask isn't simply answered, or if the question is long. (like your last thread)

the answer to your question from this thread, on the other hand, is either yes or no, and the question isn't long.

if everyone opened up a new thread for each question that they have, we'd have chaos on the forum. just look at the number of questions in the short questions thread, and now imagine each of those was a new thread.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:04 am

^ got ninja'd. this was the response to your response, not your third post.

yes, I was obviously joking, since there's no water/air/earth elements in the game.

advanced search (google) can help you find more things, since it searches posts too.

Last edited by Quirinus on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ControlledAnger on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:07 am

@Quirinus wrote:what? I'm just informing you whats the rules/etiquette on this forum, since you're new. if I didn't do it, someone else would have told you to post in the short questions thread sooner or later, most probably sooner.

one opens up a new thread only if what he has to ask isn't simply answered, or if the question is long. (like your last thread)

the answer to your question from this thread, on the other hand, is either yes or no, and the question isn't long.

if everyone opened up a new thread for each question that they have, we'd have chaos on the forum. just look at the number of questions in the short questions thread, and now imagine each of those was a new thread.

The problem comes when people can't search for such answers, and like myself don't already know there is a short answer thread make a post being new to the forum.
So having said, lets just look at an example of the last 2 weeks I have been playing the mod.
I have probably gone onto this site without a registered account and had at least 200 questions answered, 100% of those questions were from pre-existing threads that were found through searches, and many of them were yes or no's. I'm not a betting man, but if i were I'd put my money on there being at least 1000 people in my exact same position who never even make an account and just keep searching for answers (that they find).

This is the ultimate reason i think making a thread for an answer that was not searchable was worth, well, making a thread.
In 2 years this thread will probably have 100-200 more views just from random people searching this same question (and I would have been one of them if it was pre-existing).

ControlledAnger
Steelfur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:10 am

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_oq=all+enemy+resistances&as_sitesearch=www.medianxl.com&gws_rd=ssl

advanced search to the rescue. Smile (it's at the bottom when you click on "search")

if this wasn't there, I'd say your position is reasonable, but I'd still prefer less clutter in the forum. questions like that are too simple to warrant a new thread, one could think of thousands of questions like those...

Last edited by Quirinus on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ControlledAnger on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:12 am

@Quirinus wrote:https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_oq=all+enemy+resistances&as_sitesearch=www.medianxl.com&gws_rd=ssl

advanced search to the rescue. Smile (it's at the bottom when you click on "search")

if this wasn't there, I'd say your position is reasonable, but I'd still prefer less clutter in the forum.

These are all threads that were easily obtainable without advanced searches, but did not answer the question.

Thats the problem im getting at.

The questions isnt so simple.
Yes it has a simple answer, but it shows the affix is illogically written as stated above, and i would actually be rather interested to know the source you got your answer from.

This is why it's a bit more important then just asking any other yes or no question.

Last edited by ControlledAnger on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total

ControlledAnger
Steelfur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum