Diablo 3 Discussion

Page 2 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Diablo 3 Discussion

Post by iwansquall on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:53 am

After the era of farmville, the word casual-gamer have entered the gaming communities which threaten old-generation of 'hardcore-gamer'. Not this not case of 10 years old kids in CoD or scrubs in MOBA game, but rather about player who was never been a player, enter the gaming world because of the hype or simply 'friends ask them to join together'.

Reason why company targeting casual player:
1. Money - by making it accessible easily, company can gain money by just from sale of the game. It doesnt matter if the content is good or not, as long you get people to buy your game, you got your money.
2. They are your audience - This more applicable to esports scene especially after a lot discussion on sc2 forum about LoL is taking over korea after broodwar scene is already over. Does casual player usually play game? A bit. Do they watch esport? Maybe. But point is, try to compare between sc2/LoL/Dota with other sport like football, tennis or baseball. Are those audience are hardcore player? Of course not, they enjoy the sport casually (although some are hardcore fans)
3. Trading time for money - Same as point for no1, except usually casual want to play the 'easy way' thus, like many social/casual/smartphone game out there, there are many micro-transaction or pay-to-win concept in the game. This is sad, because as old time gamer, we used to think time spent = reward, but with simply buying item to short-cut the time, where are the rewards?

General Design for most current casual gamer:
1. Easy to play, easy to master? - This is called dumb-downed game design. People doesnt want to spend time to learn new things in the game, thus making is easier will attract more new player. Easy to master making it easier for this newcomer to achieve same level like veteran player.

2. Short-burst rather than long hour - People now a day have a lot of commitment, doesnt matter what your job is, your facebook time is more precious than gaming time. Because you doenst have new notification, so game are design to be short enough between each so you can stop + resume the game in short time manner. You can see this scenario by compared old-time dungeon and new dungeon-finder in WoW, some of them even broken into tiny chunk of level.

3. Moneytize Possiblities - As i said above, money is what driving industry around. It already no longer era of 'good game design' but rather a time where game designed to get sales from mass audience (even it is stupid). Auction house is one of main example of this. There are several other concept such as micro-transaction, paid-beta and kickstarter for monetizing. If you want to create a good design game (which uncertainty of success rate), indie is the way to god with small count of developer and low-money cost.

*I dunno why i rambling about this, i just typing based on the flow.
**I played WoW although casually, people that usually complained that game is too easy is usually old-time veteran. But lacked of features =/= dumbed down, it is shallow design with lack of variety (which people been complaining about current d3).
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hylas on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:01 pm

While I agree with everything you all are saying, the unfortunate reality is that designers have tasted the profits of appealing to "everyone" this past decade so truly creative, inspirational games (like median) are going to be few and far between. They will often be pressured by the higher-ups to try and appeal to everyone JUST ENOUGH to increase sales, while completely inspirational/niche titles will take a backseat. If anyone out there was expecting Diablo Median XXL with Diablo 3, you were deluding yourself. We are not the average gamer, so we will not be tailored to.

The average gamer disliked complexity, prefers four gems to twenty, and asks me every monday, "where do I go to download Facebook?"

edit: AND just realized the post right above me put it better than I ever could. Apologies.
edit: btw, i have most posts from the old forum saved, in case they all don't make it back here eventually.

hylas
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marquise on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:51 pm

If its a bad game go and make a better one !
Marquise
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:31 pm

or buy TorchLight 2
zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by battousai on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:45 pm

hi

Finally i d like to share a couple of my observations about d3(which are prolly mantioned hundreds of times).

1. Retarded ai of monsters - every monster skill is timered and 100% predictable.
2. Gems you may insert in slots could just not exist; 4 kind with silly efefcts.
no runes, no jevels, no enchancements, YOU CANT NAME YR STUFF. Theres no way to customize gear.
3. Legendary items - not so legendary, with some eyecandy bullshit whatever effects. Too random, eot.
4. Skills basing damage from raw dps; by far the worst soution i ve seen in any game ever.
5. Blizzard mocking players with petty excuses while they change drop rates behind scene.
6. Say hello to dupe world.
7. Many skills and passives are so badly designed or have such pitiful effects its embarassing (im playing monk).

Basically this game should not be even in open beta state. Whatever its shit eot; let it be dead. I totally advise anybody who d want to test it to not buy it. Anybody who played d1 or d2 and its defending d3 is a total retard - sorry.

(All topics concerning d3 well or rather not-so-at-all beeing are meaningless since nobody ll play this shit after poe ll be aviable for everybody)

battousai
Trapped Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer-Trashcanman on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:56 pm

battousai wrote:
5. Blizzard mocking players with petty excuses while they change drop rates behind scene.
Well, pictures speak louder than words, right?
Here we go:

Personally, I haven't purchased D3 yet, nor do I have any future plans as of yet to purchase D3 (One of those reasons is no dedicated internet at home), but I had a few friends over on World of Warcraft that bought D3. All quit playing within a month. Had quit WoW soon after due to time running out, and only one friend from there kept in contact with me on Steam. He still doesn't even play Diablo 3. Can't really say I blame him, from the looks of those character profiles, and characters on there gearing with a particular stat in mind (wait, I thought this was an ARPG, not an MMO?), it looks boring.

Then again, I haven't played it, I don't own it, but hey, the ending there, just opinions.

Slayer-Trashcanman
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by battousai on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm

re up.

Nice ss, but anybody who s willing deep enough knew that shit long time ago. There are countless proofs provided by non other than hackers and botters who have acces to their own data concerning drops -its preety obvious whats in it.

Next thing is that there is very cool interview provided by markeedragon who asked pro botter (whos making shitload of money from it) about his line of "work". Most interesting thing for me is that botter stated freely - "blizzard is aware of everything". When needed (like in wow before expansions) botters are hammered in a speed of tsunami - when blizz have buiseness in it ofc.

Some other sources stated that bli$$ launched half baked crap on a whim just to squeeze money from players devoted into diablo series, and dnt really give a shit about them. Looking over amount of bugs and glitches its easy to find that this game looks like it was not tested at all and launched from ass.

Last thing worth mentioning is that bli$$ shot themself in foot giving some hints about stuff not present in live game(but present in beta or through other sources), which is just regarded as space to throw some kind of console dlc shit,"i go through you in 30 min expansion".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5AHWI8B97k&feature=plcp - markeedragon interview with botter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMm2_ayl_Hw - moldran video about duping ,which is according on bliss blues feedback not present in the game.

This s just top of ice mountain tbh, i just want say that i cant remember any game where players d be scammed by the very company which maked it.

battousai
Trapped Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aerial on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Still going:

sad part is, 91->100 is about same about of exp as 1->60 Very Happy
These people who hit 100 in one month are quite insane.
aerial
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:26 pm

2 things made me quit D3:

- the feeling of playing World of Diablo III

- the feeling the Blizzard team doesn't know what is a Hack&Slash game and they clearly show they don't know what to do with this game:
* many features added then removed at the next patch (the Enrage timer of Elites, the loot rate which is buffed then secretly nerfed,...)
* They said Level Max would never be changed from 60 then add 100 more levels. Oh, they called it "Paragon" levels to keep the masquerade
* Some changes just look like poor workarounds ( look at how they implemented the Monster Player factor)

On the other side, by playing Torchlight II, I quickly felt the "Old blizzard" touch. The game is not perfect (mouse cursor not enough precise, cartoonish graphism) but it does its job well and it is at least as good as D2 or TQ

Last edited by zerger on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:58 am

zerger wrote:2 things made me quit D3:

- the feeling of playing World of Diablo III

- the feeling the Blizzard team doesn't know what is a Hack&Slash game and they clearly show they don't know what to do with this game:
* many features added then removed at the next patch (the Enrage timer of Elites, the loot rate which is buffed then secretly nerfed,...)
* They said Level Max would never be changed from 60 then add 100 more levels. Oh, they called it "Paragon" levels to keep the masquerade
* Some changes jsut look at poor workarounds ( look at how they implemented the Monster Player factor)

On the other side, by playing Torchlight II, I quickly felt the "Old blizzard" touch. The game is not perfect (mouse cursor not enough precise, cartoonish graphism) but it does its job well and it is at least as good as D2 or TQ
You are right Zerger. Torchlight 2 does have the "old blizzard" touch.
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum