MoDDB MotY over

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MoDDB MotY over

Post by Rexxar on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:11 pm

@Metalistas wrote:Yes, especially sigma Facepalm

Your Facepalm is wrong, but I guess you don't know about Sigma and its connection with MXL..... Facepalm

Rexxar
Cow Ninja

Lord of Nonsense

View user profile http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61143&p=

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Better graphics? In my taste, nothing can beat isometric-2D style of graphics (Diablo 2, Age of Empires II, etc.) - I do actually prefer these kind of graphics - they are much more straightforward and look better than 3D, imho 3D looks cartoonish and pixelated (you cannot keep up with a graphic quality if you allow camera rotation)

The problem is with marketing... Clear example - why are Blizzard moneywhores? Because they fucking can. Look at all the blizzard sheeps that'll buy anything from them. Even blizz haters will help the cause because there is no such thing as bad advertising.

Then we have all these tablets/ipads freemium bullshits that are a 'thing' nowdays - nothing to add here, most of these people are probably not even intellectually capable of beating a game like D2 without Hero Editor.

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:14 pm

dont we have some marketing dude here that can make some marketing basics for median xl
reddit twitter etc
Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inertia on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:47 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:Better graphics? In my taste, nothing can beat isometric-2D style of graphics (Diablo 2, Age of Empires II, etc.) - I do actually prefer these kind of graphics - they are much more straightforward and look better than 3D, imho 3D looks cartoonish and pixelated (you cannot keep up with a graphic quality if you allow camera rotation)
Fuck! My power went out while I was writing this post, but yeah I agree with this 100%.

2D rendering means you can have really high quality 3d models without using a ton of processing power. D2's renders were 8-bit (256 colours) which makes things a lot less defined, and in my opinion a lot more interesting. All while D3 has really horrid, washed out looks.  
D3 barbar:

D2 barbar:

(Keep in mind D2's production was like 17 years ago)

My biggest problem with D2's graphics is the terrain/level design, and that might even be more of a creative issue than a graphical one. Act I is literally a square grass field with a fence around it, which is pretty much the same design with other acts, but act I is most noticeable to me.

This could maybe be fixed in sigma though. Just look at d2scrabble, that mod has all kinds of interesting level designs.
Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:00 pm

fully equiped d2 barb > any of those d3 barbs
Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:41 pm

I remember a ridiculous d2 mod named hell unleashed I think,me,stoya,axios and dimitriy were playing long time ago,it was a ridiculous mod,just randomly add shitload of new monsters and stupidly changed lots of small things to make you feel hard,the mod itself is shit compare to the massive changes of the game to median, but that game just with the music change and hd version,it's already beaten d3 like miles away,d3 got it good shit like those nice whole graphic of the towns rivers and shit,but indeed the char looks suck,don't know why in 3d the chars look awful compare to 2d,I mean the river stream and the overlook of the city in act1 and act2 looks real good
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top