how much resistances do i need?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

how much resistances do i need?

Post by fumoffu on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:22 pm

75-80 is good enough? Monsters can lover my resistances, so it has sence to have 200 resistance, even if it capped at 75? And is there a way to boost max resistances?
I red one of FAQ, and there autor says something about +200 to resistances? so i kinda... decided to ask about this.
(also cant find this ansvers in FAQ or via "search")

fumoffu
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how much resistances do i need?

Post by suchbalance on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Some monsters in the normal game pierce resistance such as the succubi on death curse in a5, daystars and others I can't remember right now. Many bosses and mobs in ubers also (docs  usually mention if they do on their page) e.g. Binding of Baal, Lucion, The triune, Assur and others.

The easiest way to boost max resistance is to do the Azmodan uberquest on destruction, the charm he drops gives +5 max. Other ways include socketing perfect ambers/bloodstones/onyxes/turquoises in your armour or using a unique umo that gives +1 all (name escapes me at the moment).  And yes being overcapped is always good if you can spare the stat budget for it on your gear.  Do use the short quest thread next time for such questions.

Last edited by suchbalance on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how much resistances do i need?

Post by Gekko64 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:34 pm

max resistances (75) are good enough for regular play, there's some ubers that require more but you'll use custom gear for them. +max resistances is a very powerful modifier to have on items, if you cna get to 80-85 you'll see a big difference in your survivability vs elemental damage. also next time please use the Short Questions Thread for short questions like this Smile

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum