Barbarian lvl 60, Terror, struggling get killed very quick Act 1 outside town. Thanks boys.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Announcement Barbarian lvl 60, Terror, struggling get killed very quick Act 1 outside town. Thanks boys.

Post by fantam27 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:28 pm

Dual wielding, two hammerheads tier 3, dul runewords; Enyo axes, with Cannonball helm, Victory armor, Mercy gauntlets with unique; Ring Of Truth and Dragon Tail belt, death spur boots.

Was using Deathgaze as main attack+snake stance, can kill monsters in Normal difficulty act 5 having to be careful... Laughing , but terror Act 1.....can hurt alot, i can kill but they take my health down very quick, have to potalot.

I'm guessing skills are the issue or my res....as its low, but zombies dont use magic.

Stats check;

Str: 624
Dex: 67
Vita: 53
Energy 23
Life:2300
Defence: 2200....maybe thats the problem?  Thinking
Deathgaze dmg: 3400-7000
-----------
Arcane Crystals; 8,
Best rune; Ko
Pgems; 100

Not wanting to follow hotkey changing skills every 5 seconds skills....much, trying to make my own build, any advice? Thx  Scratch

Last edited by fantam27 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

fantam27
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Announcement Re: Barbarian lvl 60, Terror, struggling get killed very quick Act 1 outside town. Thanks boys.

Post by suchbalance on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:58 pm

@fantam27 wrote:
Defence: 2200....maybe thats the problem?  Thinking

Yes you are definitely right. Defence in Median (unlike clod) is extremely important against physical attackers (also make sure you are not running as this sets your defence to 0 when moving).

The easiest thing you can do right now is to use some of your arcane crystals to make a tier 4 or 5 (gamble the base item) unique Splint Mail - Jitan's Kamon. Then you want to use Mystic Orbs to raise its enhanced defence as high as possible until the armour requires lvl 60. Then socket it with ith runes in every socket.

To improve resists use mystic orbs with +allres on your gloves/belt/boots/helm or make a honorific item in one of these slots. Then fill remaining mystic orb space on these slots with %total character defence increase.

I assume you have done the Level challenge 1?

If the above does not make any sense - take a look at http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/ challenge section and cube recipes section. Use ctrl + f to find the unique creation recipe, honorific creation recipe etc.

Last edited by suchbalance on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Announcement Re: Barbarian lvl 60, Terror, struggling get killed very quick Act 1 outside town. Thanks boys.

Post by Clariska on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:59 pm

very low defense even my unholy pally(i use summons + merc to tank) has around 20k+.30k + when i buff and i tank everything myself when i need to.I personally would make about most vit personally but hey that's just me.Zombies i think does poison?Any ways yep max rez as i am about same place as you and its quite easy to do..Mo your gear.I use 1 horrific piece to max rez(my rez are mostly 80-90%)rest are + to skills.I'm not using rw gear only rares.

Clariska
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fantam27 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:57 pm

Thx alot for advice,

Made Jitan's Kamon, Tier 6, 6700 def, so my base def is 9000 now.

fantam27
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Nice, now put 15% total character defence mystic orbs in gloves/belt/boots/helm and later chest when you level up and you are set pretty much along with maxed res to go to destruction.

The important thing about leveling melee is to get semi-frequent item upgrades. So get rid of your crappy runewords and take a look at the uniques and make yourself some nice ones with better stats/dmg etc. Good leveling pieces for nearly all str based melees are: Deadfall heavy belt (godly even endgame), Toorc's gift heavy gloves, Zealot Rush light plated boots (sweet AR).

Also the spirit guide passive is very helpful for survivability and you should probably be using bear stance instead of snake, as with a good pair of axes you will kill much faster any way and be 1000x tankier.

Last edited by suchbalance on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fantam27 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Yeh i've changed to bear when made armor, 26k def, will go bear but loved the snake....Smile poison dmg rocked.

Res is very bad some -, need to pump em up, will look into uniques.

Thanks mate.

fantam27
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jayd on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:22 pm

max ww max bearstance and voila rest preference
get some ll, should be fine til lategame "d"
at least thats how i played, u can farm k3k t/d quite easy with that setup aswell

jayd
Shredder

TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fumoffu on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:41 pm

My merc from last town was even better tank, then i =)
You can get mobs agressive and then retreat just a bit and let him tank. Also, hi slows mobs by shower of rocks. Also, hi stuns onscreen mobs by thunderstun(?). And hi also get 75% allresists, even without equipment.
And if you invest 5 skillpoints to spirit tree and get last skill, you merc will share you active stance. With bear it gets nearly immortal.

fumoffu
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum