Melee Sorc Quality of Life

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Announcement Melee Sorc Quality of Life

Post by wash on Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:50 am

Is anyone else having issues with mana problems. I find my self chugging mana pots or moon symbols just to be able to use the Bladestorm ability. It costs so damn much it is ridiculous to other classes whose main skill doesn't cost nearly as much. Even the Familiar and Blade Spirits take at least 10 mana pools to summon. I just hit 120 and have some gear with quite a bit of mana regeneration but still it seems crazy high. It has been painful leveling because of it and i don't see how i can fix this with better gear. On top of that is it possible to have a QoL change when making moon symbols to shift-click them to our belts. Having to manually put everyone in sucks.

If anyone has any insight or better ideas to make this class more streamline please comment on this.

wash
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Announcement Re: Melee Sorc Quality of Life

Post by suchbalance on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:05 am

Regarding bladestorm - you should leave this at 1 point (the flat dmg is useless end game and for phys damage just use wraithsword), so the mana cost should not be that high. When you obtain some basic charms you wont notice the mana cost anymore.

Also putting 1pt in manasweep for instant mana globe refill solves other mana issues (spamming fusillade on cooldown).

Regarding mana symbols - it is tedious yes, but can not be streamlined more due to d2 engine limitations.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:56 am

For symbols drop the cube on the ground, this puts the symbols in your inventory, then shift+click to load them into the belt (works for all belt stuff).

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:53 am

Mana Sweep is blocked by the melee Sorc uberskill DOH!  

I would move it into the other category since it's pretty much a utility skill. Can't really see a mana sorc abusing that either.

Also maybe the Moon Symbol and Goodberry recipes could be changed so that the recipe creates 6 of them instead of 3? It would save the time needed to take out 2 and cube for a 2nd time, now you could just throw one in to the cube, hit transmute, drop the cube to the ground and then shift-click the 6 created.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wash on Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:14 am

@suchbalance wrote:Regarding bladestorm - you should leave this at 1 point (the flat dmg is useless end game and for phys damage just use wraithsword), so the mana cost should not be that high. When you obtain some basic charms you wont notice the mana cost anymore.
Regarding mana symbols - it is tedious yes, but can not be streamlined more due to d2 engine limitations.

Ahh ok ill try that then. I didn't know that putting points into it is, well pointless. Also that is what i originally though for the symbol making Sad.

"For symbols drop the cube on the ground" But i thought you can only make 3 at a time then you have to remove 2 then cube it again till you have the amount you want?

@Archon256. As what Suchbalance said, it is probably a D2 engine limitation unfortunately.

With all this said why do the Familiars and Blade spirits have to cost so much. I think it is a total waste of time for me to have to sit there waiting for mana just to make more of the stupid Familiars. They don't die anyways so what is the point for the high cost. I can understand for the Blade Spirits since they actually do some damage and can die. That is not too bad to deal with or manage at least.

Also if anyone would like to give me build tips or play with me on Hamachi let me know Surprised

wash
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:05 pm

moved from general discussion to newbie help section

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:26 am

Check out my melee sorc guide in the guide section. While I'm in the process of leveling up and updating it for XVc (only lvl85 atm), in prior patches it only had mana issues when attacking a boss for an extended period of time. At which point one could generally switch to Moonstrike while their mana regen'd.

Also switch from Bladestorm to Wraithsword and only put a single point into these skills. The only use I've really found for Bladestorm in XV is when enemies are immune to physical.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wash on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:14 am

Ya i have one point into Bladestorm and wraith which has helped tremendously. I never use Moonstrike since it seems to not ever do any damage in ubers. atm I have 450k armor 35% DR and im on my way to doing the moderate difficulty charms and dungeons. I have not done the black road yet since the sorc skill seems useless for melee please correct me if im wrong. Also its such a bitch finding the mystery set.

wash
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulManKey on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:51 am

[quote="wash"]
@suchbalance wrote:
With all this said why do the Familiars and Blade spirits have to cost so much. I think it is a total waste of time for me to have to sit there waiting for mana just to make more of the stupid Familiars. They don't die anyways so what is the point for the high cost. I can understand for the Blade Spirits since they actually do some damage and can die. That is not too bad to deal with or manage at least.

Also if anyone would like to give me build tips or play with me on Hamachi let me know Surprised

Familiars are not so "stupid" as maxed they can give up to 8-9 to all skill levels aura which cant be that bad? (although i dont know exactly what the mellee sorc build needs)
That being said since they are undead and only need to be cast once u can always go to the town merchant and summon nxt to him (spam summon+talk+repeat)

Lastly on the hamachi thing, although i get u got ur char and all, u should certainly switch to realm play (if hopefully u can ofc) , u ll get items and help and people to play and trade with way easier

GL

PaulManKey
Djinn

TGBest 430

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wash on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:11 am

ya i should get on the realms but last time i had really bad ping (im in washington state). And the time me and my friend started i totaly forgot about that and we dont want to start over Sad

wash
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum