Short Questions Thread

Page 16 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by suchbalance on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:30 am

@zogidoggo wrote:Thank you for answering my questions, the best example I can give, is while killing TA priestesses, I can spam apoc for long durations (upwards of 40 seconds) and while most zons will die instantly when I look at the priestesses life it's only gone down maybe 20%. But if just swap to slayers she'll die within seconds. (side notes i have 190% fire pierce so resistances shouldn't be the culprit.)

~Edited to fix wording~

Oh okay that explains your confusion. The priestesses have a high avoid percentage, probably at least 2/3. Try mind flaying them and you will notice it more clearly. I guess you did not notice it with slayers since 5 of them shoot pretty much a continuous stream of projectiles to always affect her hp bar, whereas single cast misses are more visible.

----

@Gekko64

A D2 SP game is basically a MP game with a sort of local-only server.

In SP, you want the "client" part (the part that draws graphics on your screen, and stuff) to update right after the "server" part has updated. If you let the two parts run out of sync, you'll risk the game hiccuping continuously. This has to do with the fact that windows (and almost any other desktop OS) does time-sharing between (parts of) programs on a best-effort basis. I.e., no guarantees on timing.

When playing MP however, the whole in-sync idea is out of the window anyway, because the server is a bunch of milliseconds away. So you just let the client run at top speed, hoping it'll update ASAP when it gets a message from the server.

Basically the engine animations etc all work at 25fps in both modes, regardless of how many frames are rendered

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:39 am

Just one minor clarification, no-ND skills can hit more than once per frame (Eg: Singularity, Obliterate). Depends on the skill in question.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:51 am

thanks for the useful info guys Smile

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:31 am

@Gekko64 wrote:so, skills with no ND hit once per frame. does it mean they hit more in MP since there's more frames per second than SP?

No, the game uses 25 FPS for all things (same goes or attack/block/etc speeds and thus their breakpoints). I've also never heard of the game running at a higher FPS. Note that this is the game engine itself and not what your computer might be capable of. I've seen my FPS as high as 50 and as low as 3, but the game always uses 25 for its calculations.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:38 am

@archon256 wrote:Just one minor clarification, no-ND skills can hit more than once per frame (Eg: Singularity, Obliterate). Depends on the skill in question.

But are these skills hitting multiple times a frame, or do they layer multiple attacks on top of each other? The end effect might be multiple hits per frame, but technically it is 1 hit per frame per attack. At least this was how I always thought such skills worked (kinda like layering multiple Flamestrikes on one spot).

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:13 am

@aknazer wrote:
@archon256 wrote:Just one minor clarification, no-ND skills can hit more than once per frame (Eg: Singularity, Obliterate). Depends on the skill in question.

But are these skills hitting multiple times a frame, or do they layer multiple attacks on top of each other?  The end effect might be multiple hits per frame, but technically it is 1 hit per frame per attack.  At least this was how I always thought such skills worked (kinda like layering multiple Flamestrikes on one spot).
Not sure what you mean by attack here. If you're saying each missile generated by a skill can only hit once per frame, sure. I just wanted to point out that one cast of a skill can have overlapping sets of missiles with no ND that can all hit in the same frame.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How to make your barbarian Destruction proof?

Post by TheAnyKey on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:49 am

I am level 118, have several 100k armor, around 10k life, all resistances on 75% and use bear stance. Still I can't even survive in act 1 Destruction. Even most of Terror is far too hard for me. Even the cow level in Terror is impossible without just leeching. Any ideas?

TheAnyKey
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharmi on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:26 am

TheAnyKey: What is your build? If you have 100k armor, it is far too low for playing melee barb, especially with Bear Stance. You should put points into spirit guide, upgrade your gear to t6 or use Runemaster uber skill. Also, leeching is reduced in higher difficulties.

Q: If I want to use D2SE, so I can play SP on 1.12 with multires and on TSW, should I install multiress and plugy into Mod folder of D2SE? Thanks

Sharmi
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ControlledAnger on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Which sorc build would you guys says is the best to farm with mid tier gear and not too much worry on ubers (just a gear farmer).

ControlledAnger
Steelfur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc_Razer on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Light POison sorc? used to be able to do almost all ubers

Arc_Razer
Arachnida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 58 ... 100  Next