Short Questions Thread

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by frorg on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:18 am

I have a lvl 54 Nagisin with Crucify + Blink, 2k-2,9k damage, 3,8k armor.
Character orb has 11% max dex, 350 defensive, 4% life leech, 2% CB.

Smax Crucify
Smax WotP
Smax WotS
Rest in Perfect Being + Blink + Laser + Laserblade

TU5 Naginanta with 5x perfect rainbow gems
TU3 Werecat with 2% max resistance gems + MOs for 1,2k defense
TU3 Visegrip with gems socket for max resistance

Horific helmet + boots + belt with prisma/FHR/FR/uninterrubtable attack/TCD/Defense, socket with jewels that give AR + Life
Rare amulett with life and resi, rare ring with +1 and rare ring with life

77 fire
77 cold
79 lightning
79 poison

I have made Challenge 1 and got the charms but ripped over 30 times there ..... just getting smashed so often, Diablo, Nihlatak or on the way to Baal, I just die in seconds.
What can I do to survive any longer?

frorg
Doom Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:25 am

4% ll sounds pretty low?
what are you doing with your apples, cube them with character orb

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frorg on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:49 am

I normally get 2shot when I die, I doubt that LL helps me in those cases but I upped my character orb to 30% LL now.
I hoard my apples, they are my precious ones King.

/edit tested with Diablo + Nihlatak in Hatred, Diablo nearly instakilled me but I survived with pot spamming and huge amount of luck and Nihlatak just detroyed me a bit slower with his CE, but still died Mr Green.

But now with QoB the life leech kicks in, 5 blades so far and I get constant "passive" heal, doesn't help me vs. the burst damage I get from Diablo / Nihlatak / boss mobs but fighting with mob packs is now way more comfortable Praying.

By the way: I tested Barrier Strike and compared with Crucify it seems way better? Am I missing anything?
50 mana vs. 15 from Crucify but I orbed 10 Mana on Hit on my Naginata and have no problems at all.

frorg
Doom Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:32 am

Barrier Strike doesn't multihit single targets.
It also doesn't hit things in melee range of you.

Crucify's spikes can all home onto and hit the same target, so it does a lot more damage to single targets than Barrier Strike.

As a (non-dual) melee sin you typically use both as 1 pters. There's also Backstab as a late-game alternative now.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:39 am

Use ATMG + high %CB if you really stuck on killing bosses.
It available on Shamo RW (Io in naginata)

It should still nice despite recent nerf (i think, havent check since my last triefling/atmg combo)

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frorg on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:59 am

I thought ATMG is available on normal Ninja Blades also ..... so that I can use a shield like in D2 with Blade Fury? Sad

Only 1 point into Crucify and Barrier Strike? Where do I put my points then? Nagisin has not so many skills.
I will test further with Barrier Strike and use Crucify for boss kills, didn't know I can shotgun with Crucify.

frorg
Doom Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ControlledAnger on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:47 am

@ControlledAnger wrote:
@archon256 wrote:
@ControlledAnger wrote:
em ok, so can you answer me this?

I assume the only way to actually increase the damage of hammerstrike is through the following yes?:
1. spell damage
2. + skills
3. - to enemy physical/magic res (mythal+collosseum) let me know if i missed anything else that can red those res's.
4. - + enhanced weapon damage and raw min/max
5. and most importantly str
Hammerstrike is not a spell, so spell damage will not affect it. It's an attack (i.e. has WDM).
The rest is correct.

hmm so wait, is the character screen just lying then, because spell damage makes my hammerstrike dmg go up

^^

ControlledAnger
Steelfur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:04 am

Physical/Magic Spell Dmg doesn't work with melee hits at all, while the Fire/Cold/Lightning/Poison part of Spell Dmg works but only for your direct melee hit, so not novas/missiles that a melee hit produces. Laz said so and Marco reposted it here: http://www.medianxl.com/t86-how-spell-damage-works

It's called LCS (lying character screen) for a good reason.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clariska on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:31 am

@frorg wrote:I thought ATMG is available on normal Ninja Blades also ..... so that I can use a shield like in D2 with Blade Fury? Sad

Only 1 point into Crucify and Barrier Strike? Where do I put my points then? Nagisin has not so many skills.
I will test further with Barrier Strike and use Crucify for boss kills, didn't know I can shotgun with Crucify.

I'm not pro sin but the only way i made it to act 5 in single player mode(stopped there as i went to play on realm)was to play like a sneaky thief Very Happy my skills were different but main reason why i survived was queen of blades active run in twin fang strike blink out.But even on lvl 102 i only had like think 50k defense and 4 or k k hp.Struggle to get her hp up for some reason :<

Clariska
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:01 am

@ControlledAnger wrote:
@ControlledAnger wrote:
@archon256 wrote:
@ControlledAnger wrote:
em ok, so can you answer me this?

I assume the only way to actually increase the damage of hammerstrike is through the following yes?:
1. spell damage
2. + skills
3. - to enemy physical/magic res (mythal+collosseum) let me know if i missed anything else that can red those res's.
4. - + enhanced weapon damage and raw min/max
5. and most importantly str
Hammerstrike is not a spell, so spell damage will not affect it. It's an attack (i.e. has WDM).
The rest is correct.

hmm so wait, is the character screen just lying then, because spell damage makes my hammerstrike dmg go up

^^
Okay, time for another complicated answer.

In Diablo 2 missiles that carry weapon damage (such as the ones generated when you cast Hammerstrike) cannot carry information about how much spell damage you have. So even though technically your magic damage is increased by phy/mag spell damage (and reported on chara screen), the net result is the only time it matters is when you do a direct melee hit.

So for example if you have 20 fire damage from items and 100% spell damage and you directly hit a monster with Hammerstrike's melee hit, it will take 40 fire damage. Any monsters around it that get hit by the nova will only take 25 fire damage (Hammerstrike's WDM modifier is 5/4) and not 50 fire damage. (Also the monster you hit probably takes damage from the nova on top of the melee hit, but I'm not sure of that. If it does it'll still be 25 fire damage.)

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum