Short Questions Thread

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by johnnxiv on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:20 am

I searched but couldn't find any. Is there guide on tips & tricks on making best weapons?

johnnxiv
Ice Clan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:43 am

@Einzbern wrote:
@Asteroth wrote:
3) It does two things. 1st, it gives rainbow elemental damage to WDM chars (good for traprats and bow druids). 2nd it adds strength factor to spells (potentially good for caster druids). This is similar to energy factor (more energy = more spell damage), but instead more strength = more spell damage
EDIT: the rainbow damage added to wdm druids isn't a lot at early levels.

Any idea when it starts to add worthwhile amounts? I can get it up to 8 hard points and an additional 10 right now with +skills and it's only 345 per element, which doesn't seem that great to me. Unless I'm missing something?

I can't remember what it gets up to, but its utility really depends on your build. If you are playing a Rat then considering the number of missiles produced by Quill Storm and Egg Trap then even that little bit of damage starts to add up.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:24 pm

@johnnxiv wrote:I searched but couldn't find any. Is there guide on tips & tricks on making best weapons?

I don't know of any guide for this, but this really depends on your class and what type of a weapon you're trying to make. Starting off you're going to want an ilvl99 item. From there it changes.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnxiv on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:32 pm

@aknazer wrote:
@johnnxiv wrote:I searched but couldn't find any. Is there guide on tips & tricks on making best weapons?

I don't know of any guide for this, but this really depends on your class and what type of a weapon you're trying to make.  Starting off you're going to want an ilvl99 item.  From there it changes.

Can I have some professional tips, please? Should I find item with low level requirements and enchant them with the orb I want? or should I find ilvl99 items and enchant them? I have very limited gold, high level runes ands arcane crystals.

johnnxiv
Ice Clan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:13 pm

@johnnxiv wrote:
@aknazer wrote:

I don't know of any guide for this, but this really depends on your class and what type of a weapon you're trying to make.  Starting off you're going to want an ilvl99 item.  From there it changes.

Can I have some professional tips, please? Should I find item with low level requirements and enchant them with the orb I want? or should I find ilvl99 items and enchant them? I have very limited gold, high level runes ands arcane crystals.

It really depends on your character and build. You have to give us more info.

Weapon advice for a javazon and spearzon would not necessarily be relevant to a bowzon for example.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:17 pm

@johnnxiv There are excellent and thorough spearzon (stealthmaster) & javazon (rolls & wotan mini) guides along with marco's + prestoned's bowazon threads. Just find them in the Guides section of the forum and read.

You will help yourself better than we can help you, since it seems like you are asking vague questions atm and simply need more experience/knowledge of the mod.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren1001 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:19 pm

@johnnxiv wrote:Can I have some professional tips, please? Should I find item with low level requirements and enchant them with the orb I want? or should I find ilvl99 items and enchant them? I have very limited gold, high level runes ands arcane crystals.

Honorifics:
Tier 6 of the lowest grade armor (usually level requirement around 18, perfect for gems) would be good for honorific items. Other people use the lowest grade Tier 1 armor for honorifics though (but you can't use gems/jewels with a level requirement and you only get one slot).

Uniques:
There really isn't anything you need to look for. If you have arcane crystals to waste and a unique weapon, you could keep trying to get the weapon trial on the weapon. Just keep rerolling the unique for good stats otherwise.

Runewords:
You want the highest base possible, so tier 6 or sacred (or whatever your strength allows you to wear). You want to make the superior base item (which is white (or gray if it has max sockets), no magic properties whatsoever) have 45+ enhanced defense or damage (whichever applies). Make sure it has either 0 or max sockets so you can use all sockets to your advantage. After you have the base, try weapon trial if the item is a weapon. If it's not a weapon, skip anything with weapon trial in it. If you don't get the weapon trial, use oil of renewal and try again for weapon trial. Keep going until you get a good base (45+ ed, 0 or max sockets, and weapon trial). Give it max sockets if it has none. Then put your jewels (better to have jewels with a level requirement less than the rune you're using) and rune into the weapon. If bad roll and you have perfect gems to waste, disjuction it and reroll it for better stats.

If you can keep up with the numbers, after you have your max socket, 45+ ed, weapon trial weapon, you can cube as many enhanced damage orbs into the base item as you can (up to 350 ed or level 120 requirement, whichever comes first), then make your runeword, maximizing your ed. For example: if it's a level 100 rune, be careful, because you can only have 9 ed orbs (must count weapon trial that's already in there), because level 100 rune + required level 2 from weapon trial = 102 level requirement as the base runeword. 18 levels left divided by two = 9 mo's worth of room.

Note for runewords: you can remove mo's orbed with a runeword by disjuctioning the runeword ONLY if the mo's were applied after you created the runeword. If you added the mo's to the base, it's there forever.

Good luck!

Last edited by Warren1001 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnxiv on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Thank everyone, I will read them soon. I'm wondering is there a shortcut to mass transfer all the runes/gems/items to stash?

johnnxiv
Ice Clan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:23 pm

@johnnxiv wrote:Thank everyone, I will read them soon. I'm wondering is there a shortcut to mass transfer all the runes/gems/items to stash?

Not really, but:
http://www.medianxl.com/t5397-d2-move-item-v0-74

Quirinus made a really nice tool for moving items. It works well on single player, but on realm the lag makes it a bit ineffective (but you're welcome to try)

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by potapo_gourouni on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Anyone knows what each file of the save files of a character represent??

CharName.d2s
CharName.d2x
CharName.key
CharName.ma0
CharName.ma1
CharName.ma2
CharName.ma3
CharName.map

potapo_gourouni
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down