[XVc] Akasha - The Scorpion Queen (WIP)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [XVc] Akasha - The Scorpion Queen (WIP)

Post by GoDLloyD on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:43 pm

I am currently stuck because my calculations don't seem to be correct...
In the docs: Concepts -> Poison Damage Explained, it says the following:

Median Docs wrote:Active poison damage:
This is probably the weirdest thing about poison. Only 3 skills in the game are using the "Active poison damage" (yes I made up the name). That skills are: Scorpion Blade, Prowl and Angel of Death. What happens with them is simple- you don't average the duration.
Example:
Your scorpion blade does 100 poison damage per second over 5 seconds.
You have a pair of gloves that do 10 poison damage per second over 9 seconds. Like in most cases, you first add the damage per second (=110). But, unlike most cases of passive poison damage, you don't average the duration, you just add it. So the total damage would be: 110*14=1540.

Going from that, I should have 30+ seconds of poison damage (since Scorpion Blade is "Active poison damage" and apparently it adds up with others) with the T6 gear I put in the guide, but in practical use it's only about 3 seconds and seems to be dealing a lot less damage than expected (I would've onehit Diablo on Hatred with the duration I calculated and stuff)
Because of that I have went through the rest using Maelstrom (since I Maxed it for the extra knives for Scorpion Blade) in order to get to Destruction to try the mid/late game.
Also the poison seems to apply very rarely, compared to actual poison spells (such as lorenado, poison flash, etc.)
I'm currently pretty stuck due to the low survivabilty, the much less than expected damage and my lack of time...

If anyone has some suggestions, I'd welcome them, since I wouldn't want to abandon this build because it sounded fun when I read through the docs and how damage actually works.

Greetings,
GoDLloyD

GoDLloyD
Quill Bear

TGGood 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Basha on Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:22 am

Gonna start one, see how it looks. I might need luck on this, I basically only ever played ATGM sins so far, this gonna be fun Very Happy
Basha
Living Flame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerocool on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:15 pm

well, ill try this out now as a new player. will report asap
zerocool
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:38 am

i had the best results when i only used the synergy to gain more missiles and proced them with ATMG and a knife with on-striking proc ( scorpion blade ofc)

But theres also pixie legion etc, so theres alot of stuff that you can try, good luck Smile
RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:03 am

@GoDLloyD wrote:Introduction
Abbreviations
Synergies
Stats
Skills
Equipment
Other stuff

Introduction:
(Short for now, since it's WIP anyways):
I am currently building a Poison-based onehit assassin using scorpion blade skill
not gonna lie. I got my love of paladins from Chucknorris Neutral Pally guide. which later became unholy  meleedin but  w/e.

And there's nothing cooler thsan a new forumer contributing!

I'm sending you 50 tg to help you complete the guide (get the dagger u want  hopefully).

Good luck and I will be following!

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aphexx on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:51 pm

I have a question regarding poison damage. Let's say I'm using an item like Visegrip for gloves, that has a -Enemy Defense on hit, will this only work with the initial hit from the knives, or will the DoT poison also lower their armour every second?

Aphexx
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:10 pm

-enemy def works only for physical resists of the monster u hit so it will not work for elem like psn,cold, ect. Iirc it does not works with dot's as well.
hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:57 pm

-# to Monster Defense per Hit

Reduces a monster's defense on WDM melee and missile hits, and stays applied after it, stacking with further applications. It helps just the player who applied it and his/her minions and hirelings.

Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldurin on Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:22 am

I just start this sin yestreday, honestly the beginning is a bit tough, but since I got unique naginata from gift box I switch to melee to gain some exp, now arounde lvl 25-27, I'm playing with knives (although I use naginata still for some poison resit mobs, and for bloodlust proc.) but even more often using mealstorm/stromcrows rather than scorpion knife. I like this build hope to see the rest of the guide soon!
Aldurin
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoDLloyD on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:57 pm

@Aldurin wrote:I just start this sin yestreday, honestly the beginning is a bit tough, but since I got unique naginata from gift box I switch to melee to gain some exp, now arounde lvl 25-27, I'm playing with knives (although I use naginata still for some poison resit mobs, and for bloodlust proc.) but even more often using mealstorm/stromcrows rather than scorpion knife. I like this build hope to see the rest of the guide soon!

I'm using Maelstrom/Stormcrows most of the time too, which is why I haven't updated the guide yet because the scorpion knives just don't seem to do the job nearly as well as expected but switching the gear to fit Maelstrom would kind of destroy the idea I had and the purpose of the build...
I'm trying around a little and am just about to hit destruction (I had some serious problems with terror AIII) but luckily Diablo wasn't nearly a big deal as I thought he would be.
I'm currently trying to get some sacred equips and a double MO Gehenna knive (I think I'll go for one with high Weapon Speed)

I still have to tweak around with the gear and the Skill/Attribute point placements I guess, to see which would fit the best.
Maybe I should focus a little more on Maelstrom and go some kind of Poison/Fire mix (if I went for Weapon Damage, I would have to put more stats into dex and again destroy this build's purpose)

I would greatly appreciate feedback from those who try this build.

Greetings,
GoDLloyD.

GoDLloyD
Quill Bear

TGGood 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum