Problems with LAN connection deteriorating over time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with LAN connection deteriorating over time

Post by Felnah on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:46 pm

I don't really know how to preface this nor where to post this, so apologies if anything is unclear or this is in the wrong section.

A friend and I play Median over TCP/IP using Hamachi, however every time we play the connection deteriorates badly over time.

This time we could play for about two weeks before we start getting random DC's, DC every single time I leave his games and soon we probably won't be able to join eachother (He couldn't join me properly at all after five days.)

We've played and quit Median around ten times since we first tried it with Ultimative v7, all because of this issue we're having here.

We are both running the exact same installs with the same PlugY versions, we had some issues with mismatched Median versions in the past, but it never had any impact on connectivity. (Issues started both before and after we fixed the mismatch.) The biggest difference between us is that I'm running a mid-high end PC with Windows 7 and he's running a soon to be 8 year old PC with Windows XP. I don't know if this can actually cause any issues over time though.

We've done a few things to try and fix the problems; mainly reinstalling the game, removing plugy, new chars and fixing mismatched files when we had them. None of this has worked so far. (My friend has used Stings on and off, but this too has been used for the first time both before and after the issues started and I haven't used any MH yet.)

The only thing that seems to help is to just not play for a couple of months, then it works for a few weeks again.

If there is any information that would help solve this problem, then please ask.

Thanks to whoever that hopefully has an answer to this, and keep up the good work on the mod, Marco.

Felnah
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with LAN connection deteriorating over time

Post by tremerr on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:59 pm

@Felnah wrote:

A friend and I play Median over TCP/IP using Hamachi, however every time we play the connection deteriorates badly over time.

This time we could play for about two weeks before we start getting random DC's, DC every single time I leave his games and soon we probably won't be able to join eachother (He couldn't join me properly at all after five days.)

This happens because of too large plugy stash save files - my friend and i have the same problem, the only solution we found is to rename save files when we play together, and restore it back for single player. If you can find better solution - let me know Smile

tremerr
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kambala on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:55 pm

just disable shared stash (and maybe personal stash) when playing over tcp/ip

kambala
Follower of Akarat

View user profile http://worldofplayers.ru/forums/769/

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren1001 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:06 pm

@tremerr wrote:This happens because of too large plugy stash save files - my friend and i have the same problem, the only solution we found is to rename save files when we play together, and restore it back for single player. If you can find better solution - let me know Smile
@kambala wrote:just disable shared stash (and maybe personal stash) when playing over tcp/ip

@Felnah wrote:We've done a few things to try and fix the problems; mainly reinstalling the game, removing plugy, new chars and fixing mismatched files when we had them. None of this has worked so far.

@OP: Whoever hosts, see if they can figure out how to portforward so you don't have to use Hamachi.

Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felnah on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Thanks for all the answers folks. Ports have been forwarded and will be tested to see if this fixes the random disconnects, as for when we disabled plugy I don't think we removed the actual stash files. If that has any impact I do not know. So I'll make sure they're moved when we try this time.

Will report back when we've tested it.

Felnah
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felnah on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Everything is a lot more stable now, no more random DC's and we no longer disconnect when leaving. Thanks for the help, people. Very Happy

Felnah
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum