Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heroes of might and magic 3 HD Edition

Post by Wotan on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:44 am

Ubisoft Puke

The mods of HoMM3 are much more successful. Unless they intend to implement balances along with the HD - I am pass.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:47 pm

What balance? Neither WoG nor the HoMM3 series is well balanced (which makes it quite fun in my opinion).

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:04 pm

@suchbalance wrote:What balance? Neither WoG nor the HoMM3 series is well balanced (which makes it quite fun in my opinion).
There are other mods than just WoG. WoG offers a lot of new options and zero balance.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Has anyone played HotA so far? I might say that it looks very sweet. New town, new heroes, a bunch of new map objects. Also an easy and a quite hard campaign Smile

@Wotan wrote:WoG = Zero balance.

Still, in WoG any town can defeat any on any difficulty with some additional script options, while in classic Heroes III you will have hard time playing on XL map for Inferno against Conflux/Tower.

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:23 pm

@Stealthmaster wrote:Has anyone played HotA so far? I might say that it looks very sweet. New town, new heroes, a bunch of new map objects. Also an easy and a quite hard campaign Smile

@Wotan wrote:WoG = Zero balance.

Still, in WoG any town can defeat any on any difficulty with some additional script options, while in classic Heroes III you will have hard time  playing on XL map for Inferno against Conflux/Tower.
HotA is the best mod so far I have played. New town, few tweaks, few balances, new items. The bad part is that the AI is too easy (like classic HoMM) and on G (Giant) map, the AI takes ages to make a turn after approximately 4th month. Give the fucker a dimension door and expert air magic and he can make 10 min turns. Thats comes from HoMM, the AI calculates each pattern so on bigger maps with many characters and many towns he is fucking slow. Its fixable in HoMM5, but not in 3.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Actually HotA is considered to be an 'unofficial addon'. So it's better to think that HotA is 'what 3DO should've developed after SoD'. Smile

Have you already passed thru the 2nd mission in 2nd campaign, Wotan (that one where you will lose mission if you lose your main town)? I quit it almost a year ago. Almost as hard as Armageddon's Blade campaigns Hitting a Wall

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:39 pm

Havent started the campaigns yet. Playing casually with friends, but I might start soon cause they fall miserably every time Very Happy I started playing the mod 2 weeks ago when I was wondering why WoG is crashing so often, then someone suggested to me HotA so I gave it a go and I played few times since then. I really hate that Homm3 random map feature where the AI takes ages to calculate the patterns. Its so, so, so annoying. On the bright side, HotA's random maps are a lot better than those from SoD and beyond. Well structured, and not chaotic and nonsensical at times.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:30 pm

It would be much better and more popular if they actually just added an easy modding support...

who the fuck cares about HD, it looks fine already. I don't remember it looking so pixelated as in that video. maybe if you're using a 234234234 inch screen.

wasted money and opportunity.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:35 pm

defently depends on price

Str0b3l
The Butcher