Lucky Trial question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lucky Trial question

Post by Daimoth on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:59 pm

So whether or not an item is lucky is determined when it is rolled, right? Well, do cube recipes which reroll the item (affix burn, make item honorific, etc.) also reroll the value that determines whether the item is lucky?

Daimoth
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lucky Trial question

Post by Str0b3l on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:00 pm

yep
and next time use short question thread plz

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimoth on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:15 pm

Sure. Considering the namesake of this subforum, how do I determine whether a question deserves its own thread?

Daimoth
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Ones which cannot be answered in a sentence.

Oh btw rerolling an item (for a runeword) is as simple as using oil of renewal - you don't have to affix burn every time. I remember I did that for a while when I was new Very Happy

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:46 pm

SQT is for questions that have a definite answer, like game mechanics, recipes, etc so this subforum won't be filled with topics that have just 1-2 replies.

And a new topic should be opened when there is more than one way to answer your inquiry, like asking for tips in some uber or gear choices for a build, etc so that several members could share their own experience with you.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimoth on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:02 am

I'll try, but it can be hard to know in advance how complex the answer to a question is without already knowing the answer to that question... Does that make sense? But yeah, I'll make use of the questions thread.

Daimoth
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:35 am

Think of the game as an adventure, notice where you fail and try to find a workaround for your prob, i believe a personal tiny success will give you satisfaction even if it's "common knowledge" for the majority of players. And if frustration takes over it's a safe bet to just use SQT cause active forum members regularly check it (i always do and always realize things i haven't thought of) and i'm sure several ppl will most likely help you overcome, so you can't go wrong with it.

Last edited by munkyh3ad on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:37 am

@Daimoth wrote:I'll try, but it can be hard to know in advance how complex the answer to a question is without already knowing the answer to that question... Does that make sense? But yeah,  I'll make use of the questions thread.

Well, it's not hard to determine this. If your question can be answered like 'Yes' or 'No', this belongs to SQT. Questions like 'help me, having trouble with Kabraxis, here are my stats and gear: [pics]. What am I doing wrong?' most probably deserve their own topic. Anyway, you're always welcome to ask something without hesistating. Very Happy

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimoth on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:03 am

Does Oil of Renewal reroll the lucky value as well, or just the quality bonus and sockets?

Daimoth
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:12 am

oil of renewal reroll the item, so the lucky value will be rerolled also.

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum