Polearms?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Polearms?

Post by Aldurin on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:30 pm

So since it's a XV version of Median, and yet theres is still no bardiche, polearms, halbard, voulges only scythes? Why? Is it some kind of personal issue of Marco hating polearm class weapon? xD

Aldurin
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Polearms?

Post by gg2 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:32 pm

lollmao, i can't even xD Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Mr Green

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Laz removed them for some reason. They were somewhat bugged or something. I don't remember exactly.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:05 pm

its not like were lacking base item variety

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:09 pm

we are for a2 mercs

I kind of miss polearms and was wondering for a long time why they got cut out of the game

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:51 pm

I also wondered about this, and asked some months ago. The answer was what quirinus said, and i still don't understand why. The scythe/naginata had their Base DMG/Speed/Range modified and work well, so i don't know why others were just discarded and not "fixed".

I suggested a comeback, with a special modifier like Mega Impact/Amazing Grace/etc or maybe an innate "+50% Damage to Demons" so they'd have something attractive and actually be used and not just exist for their graphics. But i had no luck with it.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:01 am

Laz removed polearm because it is kinda a weapon that not all class use. Scythe and naginata is different case, i think they were added later during medianxl alpha. It was redundant back then when there are nobody want to use 2handed weapon.

Marco could add it, but unless there is a class that use it other than barb, it is pretty much redundant with tons of current class specific weapon. It could work, but alot of things needed to be done, itemization specifically.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldurin on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:43 am

I know there is plenty of new items, and firstly for a couple of months I really did't relised missing of polearms, but it's pretty weird, since as iwansquall wrote scythes/naginata (which looks in game like voulge) works normal so why not unique/sets including bardiches, polearm, halberd? Thinking I used play a lot with original D2 with barb equipped with polearm. The are slow but with great dmg and swift raneg.

Aldurin
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:57 am

I think the only place I really miss pole arms is what Asteroth said, the limiting factor on equipping my Act 2 mercs.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:13 am

@Aldurin wrote:I know there is plenty of new items, and firstly for a couple of months I really did't relised missing of polearms, but it's pretty weird, since as iwansquall wrote scythes/naginata (which looks in game like voulge) works normal so why not unique/sets including bardiches, polearm, halberd? Thinking I used play a lot with original D2 with barb equipped with polearm. The are slow but with great dmg and swift raneg.

So you miss the visual appearance of weapon ? Because in terms of available affixes - there is so much options. TUs, SUs, runewords and shrine crafts. Plus MOs and UMos. Plus gems and jewels.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum