Found bladestorm cotw on TSW.. theory crafting

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Found bladestorm cotw on TSW.. theory crafting

Post by drasch1 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:26 am

I was thinking about making an unholy meleedin with it...

armor-sbs for mostly AOE damage

weapon-qor in a cysrtal sword/ lucky trailed etc

helm-krys rw for rainbow damage/skills

amulet- i have a nicely rolled tesseract

rings-bmr if i find ever them.... currently have orc torc/ele band...emp bands are an option

belt-auhe rw.... path of flames/damage/fortress proc

boots-titan steps or sssu chain boots... or possibly someone has suggestions..maybe shaad rw?(su chain boots could be okay) sssu greaves? (will prolly

shield- rha rw for snake stance or sssu crownshield for timestrike proc or ssu towershield or ssu kite(unsure needs testing)

gloves-taha rw or sssu light gaulets or possibly some stormblast proc crafts.

skill plan is to max terror strike/super beast/blackroad chal and not sure on the rest yet...

what are you guys thoughts?

drasch1
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Found bladestorm cotw on TSW.. theory crafting

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:31 am

There is actually a paladin shield with bladestorm on it. I've tried bladestorm unholy melee and it ended up being a little on the mediocre side. The weapon requirement kills it a little bit. It's alright, but idk if it's on par with an actual melee sorc.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:44 am

would it be possible to use it in treewarden form or the necromancer morph?

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drasch1 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:53 am

@The Big Ouchy wrote:There is actually a paladin shield with bladestorm on it. I've tried bladestorm unholy melee and it ended up being a little on the mediocre side. The weapon requirement kills it a little bit. It's alright, but idk if it's on par with an actual melee sorc.

yea i was playing a melee sorc before i found it. figured the damage scaling of super beast and terror strike would scale much better.... just my idea. anyone have ideas?

drasch1
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drasch1 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:53 am

@gg2 wrote:would it be possible to use it in treewarden form  or the necromancer morph?

i am not sure. i know the wolf version can use bladestorm but i hate dealing with the mana issue of wolf form.

drasch1
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:10 am

Well the *mild* problem with unholydin is you have no ewd to speak of outside of the paladin innate skill. This is easily mitigated with bloodlust and mark of the wild procs (to great effect btw) but aside from the 4fpa of superbeast, there isn't a whole lot of interesting stuff syngergistically speaking for a weapon damage build. You could probably make a pretty gnarly spell proc/weapon damage hybrid though.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drasch1 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:14 am

@The Big Ouchy wrote:Well the *mild* problem with unholydin is you have no ewd to speak of outside of the paladin innate skill. This is easily mitigated with bloodlust and mark of the wild procs (to great effect btw) but aside from the 4fpa of superbeast, there isn't a whole lot of interesting stuff syngergistically speaking for a weapon damage build. You could probably make a pretty gnarly spell proc/weapon damage hybrid though.

how would you itemnize this?

drasch1
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drasch1 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:34 am

@The Big Ouchy wrote:Well the *mild* problem with unholydin is you have no ewd to speak of outside of the paladin innate skill. This is easily mitigated with bloodlust and mark of the wild procs (to great effect btw) but aside from the 4fpa of superbeast, there isn't a whole lot of interesting stuff syngergistically speaking for a weapon damage build. You could probably make a pretty gnarly spell proc/weapon damage hybrid though.

also wouldnt the terror strike scaling do alot? IIRC it does % ele damage and % damage untop of super beast scaling as well

drasch1
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:18 pm

I tried weapon damage based unholy melee paladin year ago and the result was very weak and lagging character. Not counting another nerf of bladestorm(first there was high mana requirement on higher soft-points based levels, second its 1/3 wdm instead of 1/2). If you think of making wdm unholy melee, then trade sssu tepoztopilli instead. Or use SBS gothic armor and nimmen.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:53 pm

What about bear stance from pally shields? Doesn't that give quite a bit of EWD?

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum