Druid Help

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Druid Help

Post by MrFunk on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:14 am

Hey guys,

I am currently playing a Werewolf Druid with the full set and am having a lot of issues. I'm wondering if maybe avoid doesn't work the way I think it does? I should have 70% avoid and I have almost 300k defense and yet I am being hit by pretty much everything all the time.

Am I doing something wrong here? The wolf form gives 50% avoid plus 20% from faerie fire should be 70%... Do they not work together properly?

I just seem to pounce with harbinger and instantly die in any uber I try to do at all. I just take hits non stop and don't seem to avoid any hits whatsoever.

Any tips would be appreciated. I'm using Glor-An-Fhaidha's Firebark for my gloves with the set, they seem really good for a druid so I don't really know what I'm doing wrong at this point.

MrFunk
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Druid Help

Post by iwansquall on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:21 am

Avoid from wolf is melee attack only, not from missiles.

Considered there are many skills enemy use have missiles, so you only have avoid from fairie fire only

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFunk on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:27 am

That's....retarded? Why would that be a thing?

MrFunk
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:29 am

Because 70% regular avoid would be OP?

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFunk on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:32 am

Except you can get that on a sin anyway. That makes the new wolf not actually very useful at all.

Must say I'm disappointed with it then. I was hoping for something with a little more survivability than it has. Just seems kind of like a weak pounce zon to me.

MrFunk
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:44 am

Well it is Marco trying some new things out.

There has been a lot of bitching about new stuff--and I have been guilty of a bit of it--but it isn't like Marco took a bunch of cool old stuff and replaced it with shitty new stuff. All the cool old stuff is still there and has been joined by some new stuff that isn't as epic as a lot of people were hoping.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFunk on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:48 am

Oh I know don't get me wrong I think it's an interesting concept. It's just a little bit frustrating to grind out a full set finally then have your character fall flat on their face because it doesn't do what you expected.

Just a bit frustrating is all. Thanks for the help though. I know I post a lot of noob questions and most people probably think I'm retarded.

MrFunk
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:51 am

I must say reading all these wolf threads is about as depressing as reading an obituary.

I personally like how Marco started introducing some actual non screen wide nova based skills and builds that have more involvement than: choosing your nova, skilling your passive damage source, herp derp stacking minus elemental resistance, oh I'm so good at the game now.

As has been said before the biggest problem that has plagued this game is the dominance of "the nova" and the auto-aimed procs that necessitate huge mob densities, making 90% of enemy types simply blend together in a soup of blandness, and reduce gameplay to rushing into packs spamming your nova of choice and hoping you instakill everything...

In these new trees I feel like we finally got to see a glimpse of "Sigma" (if it ever comes, and hopefully it will). And I will be really happy when all these cool character concepts such as wolf that require positioning, smart itemisation and make use of actual resource mechanics are the norm rather than exceptions which have to be compared with "the nova" abusers of the olden and current days.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:59 am

@suchbalance wrote:I must say reading all these wolf threads is about as depressing as reading an obituary.

I personally like how Marco started introducing some actual non screen wide nova based skills and builds that have more involvement than: choosing your nova, skilling your passive damage source, herp derp stacking minus elemental resistance, oh I'm so good at the game now.

As has been said before the biggest problem that has plagued this game is the dominance of "the nova" and the auto-aimed procs that necessitate huge mob densities, making 90% of enemy types simply blend together in a soup of blandness, and reduce gameplay to rushing into packs spamming your nova of choice and hoping you instakill everything...

In these new trees I feel like we finally got to see a glimpse of "Sigma" (if it ever comes, and hopefully it will). And I will be really happy when all these cool character concepts such as wolf that require positioning, smart itemisation and make use of actual resource mechanics are the norm rather than exceptions which have to be compared with "the nova" abusers of the olden and current days.

Since the beginning of the mod with Laz there has been an arms race.

1. Mod comes up with cool new skill.
2. Someone discovers way to make the skill totally OP.
3. Mod nerfs skill.
4. QQ storm ensues.
5. Mod restores cool skill but increases mod density to compensate.
6. Non-l33t/casual players complain that mod is now unplayable.
7. Return to step one.

Edit. That being said I believe that XVc is the most balanced patch to date. Nothing broken or OP was introduced and nothing cool was nerfed.

Wearwolf may not be what people were hoping but it did introduce some cool reanimates that give my WDM TreeWarden to spend points on.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulManKey on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:44 am

Wolf aint like soso that u wear a set and go gg stuff , u need to know whats what,what u can kill etc, also gettin things like 100cb and -100 on all enemy res except poison might help enormously

Personally i ve done big portion of yshari with wolf and i can farm infinetelly at vizun, fauz is doable too but at the moment bots are kinda annoying,dunc is just funny unless something blows me up

so ye wolf suckz ... Dancing

PaulManKey
Djinn

TGBest 430

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum