Runeword Weapon Repair cost

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Runeword Weapon Repair cost

Post by wash on Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:15 pm

Does anyone else find this ridiculous? I just made a lvl 100 RW sword Ghenna and it costs over 1.2 million gold to repair. Gold, once your 120, isn't incredibly hard to get. If you use the bug by putting high level runes in socketed throwing weapons you can easily get 500k for one item. With that said, I don't have enough damn runes to afford to repair my crappy crystal sword every 15 minuets. It only had 50 something durability and i have not found one Indestructible jewel since i started playing this game again. I believe that finding an indestructible jewel, is a trade able luxury commodity so I'm fine with that being hard to find. I do not mind having to hunt down gold every now and then to repair my items. But since it is essentially impossible for us to have a nice gold stock due to losing X amount of gold on death this is extremely pointless. Since as a melee sorc i am whacking people with my weapon fairly fast its durability just gets melted. The RPG fan that I am thought that well crystal swords are expensive and extremely hard to repair since its not just a malleable metal. Then an Enchanted runed crystal sword so now Charsi has to go look through her books or talk to Akara to figure out how to fix the damn thing that i break every time i clear K3K. You would believe that she would get use to repairing it and make it cheaper on herself but i know for a fact shes greedy as hell and wants that huge cut of booty I find. Well I'm tired of having to spend 5-10 min getting 2million gold to repair all my crap and never being able to stockpile because of the death penalties. Some might also argue well this is tradition to Diablo 2 LoD (I think we all remeber how much gold it costed to repair those sweet sweet engimas). Too me this seems like artificial difficulty which always results in just an endless pointless cycle.

Can we please get these costs lowered Sad.

Edit: full repair costs over 2.4 million

Last edited by wash on Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

wash
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Runeword Weapon Repair cost

Post by Stealthmaster on Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Why not craft/roll a jewel with indestructible affix and forget about your problems? Smile

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wash on Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:47 pm

@Stealthmaster wrote:Why not craft/roll a jewel with indestructible affix and forget about your problems? Smile

I never thought about that Very Happy. Even so I shouldn't be forced to make my own jewel. Runewords that are not end game shouldn't cost this much it is absurd.

wash
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Just roll/craft the rare jewel. You won't care about anything as soon you get that weapon indestructible. Minor amount of time it takes to find it too.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:39 pm

@GregMXL wrote:Minor amount of time it takes to find it too.

Especially considering the fact that gambling vendor has them Smile

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wash on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:02 am

Ya i did that took all but 5 minuets. I also got my IAS jewels i needed too! That being said I still dont think it should cost that much but its too small of a detail to really care about. Also its not like this is ever going to be super polished. We love our median rough and hard Whipping

wash
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:45 am

It can be better to unsocket and repair than to pay that cost. But ya it is best to just get an indestructible jewel and be done with it given how fast sorceress melee weapons break. I once used a Stone RW and it was broken before I finished the Uber. That was an expensive repair bill and you can't use a jewel in that RW.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:06 am

Hey think of it this way...Grab a weapon in real life and keep using it. I'll bet it would deteriorate soon enough and then you'd have to buy another one. Cool

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:02 am

@GregMXL wrote:Hey think of it this way...Grab a weapon in real life and keep using it. I'll bet it would deteriorate soon enough and then you'd have to buy another one. Cool

Ahh, but an IRL weapon can be resharpened, cleaned, barrels can be replaced, strings replaced, etc. I mean barrels can often last 25k+ rounds for just standard rifles, and even more for hbars and guns that intended to be overly accurate at further ranges. And you give me just a bit of magic and that stuff would last even longer!

But seriously, my bigger complaint is the discrepancy between unique repairs and other gear; and then weapons vs armor. Once my RW armor is 100% repaired it isn't too bad to keep repaired. But a weapon? As I said before, I couldn't even finish an Uber (granted the uber was Yshari Sanctum) before it was broken and I was having to pay a crazy amount to repair it. I'm sure some of it comes from crystal swords (and warped blades by extension) always being fragile in this game, but it is still a rather large discrepancy.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:10 am

Well since high level runewords are among the most powerful weapons in the game--I base this on the fact that it is way less of a pain in the ass to get a double-mo'd runeword than a double-mo'd unique--then the higher repair cost isn't that unreasonable a balancing measure. It isn't even really that as it has been observed how easy it is to render them unbreakable and how easy it is to come by gold in destruction.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum