timmermac's general impressions thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

timmermac's general impressions thread

Post by timmermac on Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Hey there folks. I've been lurking on both this board and the old forumer board since 2011. I've played Median in various flavors in small amounts since about that time as well. After seeing some of the screenshot threads, I've decided to get more serious about this mod. I'm going to be playing all seven character classes on a rotational basis, switching classes after every character death. I've already gotten an Amazon and an Assassin to level 5, and they both got squished attempting to do Level Challenge 0. My Necromancer is a level 5, and won't be attempting that challenge, as it seems unbeatable given my less-than-stellar reflexes. I'll be posting progress updates and screenshots as I go. Feel free to comment.

My characters:

Amazon: ColonelCarter - Level 5
Assassin: Teyla - Level 5
Necromancer: ColonelONeill - Level 5 - currently playing
Barbarian: RononDex - Not created yet
Paladin: Tealc - Not created yet
Sorceress: JanetFraiser - Not created yet
Druid: DanielJackson - Not created yet

timmermac
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: timmermac's general impressions thread

Post by Stealthmaster on Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:30 pm

Hello! Most builds in MXLU can beat almost all challenges/difficulties (I'm not taking into account very endgame ubers like Uldyssian, BLaz, MarcoNecroX). All you need is patience and most times, some dedicated (usually rare and expensive) gear. Sure, amazons and assasins are no match for druid/sorc with a staff in beating LC0 (though Batstrike assassin is very swift here), it's doable but requires some dodging and patience, as I mentioned. Why should your necromancer fail in this challenge if you haven't even tried it. Anyway, good luck experiencing in MXL with your chars! Smile

@timmermac wrote:I've been lurking on both this board and the old forumer board since 2011.

Then you should remeber this video.

So nothing is impossible Very Happy

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by timmermac on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:01 pm

Holy buckets... Frostclaw Totem works rather well... Shocked

Edit: And ColonelONeill dies at level 10 to a Fallen Shaman. D'oh. On to RononDex.

timmermac
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:19 am

Nice to see more newish ppl picking up the game, keep us posted on progress and have a biscuit.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:26 am

Gonna cookie you soon for the sg1/atlantis names

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by timmermac on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:30 am

I've moved on to using Tealc now, as RononDex got killed at about level 7 in the Den of Evil. Retaliate is another useful skill, I'm noticing.

Edit: And Tealc got killed by Blood Raven at level 11. On to JanetFraiser.

Edit2: I've finished my day's gaming with JanetFraiser at level 9 and at the Cold Plains waypoint. I'll pick this up again tomorrow morning.

timmermac
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wash on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:07 pm

@timmermac wrote:....I've played Median in various flavors in small amounts since about that time as well. After seeing some of the screenshot threads, I've decided to get more serious.....

Said every person who plays median ever.
We all love new games but in recent years there has been a tremendous amount of disappointments and lack of product quality.
Luckily for us Median XL is always there for us waiting with open arms and a nice cup of coffee.

Also Timmermac you should let me join you Smile

wash
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by timmermac on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:20 pm

I started playing on the realm yesterday as well. On realms, I will probably only be a 'zon. Check your pm's for game details. I won't be on for about another 2 hours or so.

timmermac
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by powtek on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:55 pm

Hey man, no offense but I think switching to another character after dying is a bad idea. As someone who "played median in various flavors", you should know you should first pick a playstyle that you want, get used to it and finish as many ubers as you can. But hey, if it is a maybe a challenge or a showcase which obviously not because it is not posted on the corresponding subforum, then that would be great.

powtek
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by timmermac on Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:52 pm

@powtek wrote:Hey man, no offense but I think switching to another character after dying is a bad idea. As someone who "played median in various flavors", you should know you should first pick a playstyle that you want, get used to it and finish as many ubers as you can. But hey, if it is a maybe a challenge or a showcase which obviously not because it is not posted on the corresponding subforum, then that would be great.

None taken. I've been doing sort of a softcore rotation challenge with a lot of the mods that I play, just so that I can get used to how the other character classes play. I do have a post for the challenge here as well, it'll get another post after I get through the rotation once.

JanetFraiser found her first unique just moments ago.

timmermac
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum