The Blue Hunt (Wolf using slow effect)

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Blue Hunt (Wolf using slow effect)

Post by woods879 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Usually when I pounce with minions (using pouncezon). They seem to target the minions instead of you, this works really well with Edyrems. Not sure if this applys to Werewolf though.

woods879
Siren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Einzbern on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:24 pm

@woods879 wrote:Usually when I pounce with minions (using pouncezon). They seem to target the minions instead of you, this works really well with Edyrems. Not sure if this applys to Werewolf though.

Yeah, acid fiends pretty much 100% ensure my survival. It's just pretty annoying have to resummon all 25 every few seconds. Even just the bloodmage merc is enough usually, but with just him on occasion they'll decide to target me instead and I'll get gibbed.

Edit-
For awhile I did beef up my minions by using 2 pieces of the Brother Laz set+MOs on my gear, but they still died pretty quickly.

Einzbern
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pernkeb on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Edyrems are good, temporal meatshields at occasions where you know you'll take a beating whether you want it or not, especially since they cost no mana. As for Tran Athulua I find it has a much more constant death risk than Duncraig simply because amazons always stack in certain chokepoints and you'll have to slow down. Trying to jump onto the edge of the monster crowd doesn't work either because they're all ranged and you'll recieve a beating of a lifetime.

A neat trick trying to get a foothold in places like the cold amazon and other chokepoints is jumping on the closest amazon once, walking backwards couple steps and repeat. Most of the projectiles don't reach you in time and with 150k def you should mitigate the closest ones that will hit you.

Other trick is the snowballing method where you build up crows and reanimates from smaller stacks of amazons as you progress through Tran Athulua and use the "momentum" to break through bigger and bigger crowds with low risk of getting blown up. If you run out of steam you can simply walk backwards and lure couple amazons to you to get the ball running again.

Pernkeb
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum