Destruction... now what?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Destruction... now what?

Post by Reckoning on Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:16 am

Hey guys, so I hit my first 120. And I don't really know what to do in Destruction. Do I just play through quests? When do I get to do ubers and what should i start with? I remember Fautzinville being a good place to start, is that correct?

Reckoning
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destruction... now what?

Post by Wotan on Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:23 am

Fauztinville is probably the worst place to start. Even with decent gear (depending on character) you can still die miserably on TERROR! Best places to start (for a newbie) on destruction are Cathedral(act1),Travincal(act3) and K3K (again depending on character). You can get easily with some practice the following charms : Butcher, Infernal machine (both act1), The key from Ancient trap in Lost City (act2), Tal Rasha in Valley of snakes (act2), Zakarum's ear (Khalimgrad act5 tricky but doable with TU's). Sidenote : Try to upgrade all your gear to T6 and farm some Terror Cows/k3k for gear (Sacreds for runewords, sets, etc. luck is of the essence here).

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reckoning on Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:53 am

@Wotan wrote:Fauztinville is probably the worst place to start. Even with decent gear (depending on character) you can still die miserably on TERROR! Best places to start (for a newbie) on destruction are Cathedral(act1),Travincal(act3) and K3K (again depending on character). You can get easily with some practice the following charms : Butcher, Infernal machine (both act1), The key from Ancient trap in Lost City (act2), Tal Rasha in Valley of snakes (act2), Zakarum's ear (Khalimgrad act5 tricky but doable with TU's). Sidenote : Try to upgrade all your gear to T6 and farm some Terror Cows/k3k for gear (Sacreds for runewords, sets, etc. luck is of the essence here).

Thanks for the reply.

So just run those places a couple times when I play through? And I have my gear upgraded to some t6 lower RWs (ath/kur and shit of the like), and I'm still holding onto my honorifics for gloves and belt just because I didn't see anything I could get that would be helpful. And Sacreds just seem to be such a stat investment. Would it be viable to just use these t6 items until I get a couple charms to improve stats?

Reckoning
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:05 am

Yes, get as much +stats charms as you can, then start upgrading to sacreds ( many of those charms are easy to acquire and I mentioned them in my previous post). Also it would be more helpful if you told what character and build you are playing.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:15 am

Also eat those 500 signets and try to farm trophies from the easy ubers.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reckoning on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:20 am

@Wotan wrote:Yes, get as much +stats charms as you can, then start upgrading to sacreds ( many of those charms are easy to acquire and I mentioned them in my previous post). Also it would be more helpful if you told what character and build you are playing.

I'm playing a fire/poison sorceress. Mainly fire with blade summons (because fuck yes meatshields). I'm pretty strong but I'm somewhat fragile.

[quote="romanN1]Also eat those 500 signets and try to farm trophies from the easy ubers.[/quote]

Oh hell, the grind is gonna be so real (griswold terror runs, yes?). What do the trophies do?

Reckoning
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:26 am

They add more bonuses to the charms...Read the docs Smile.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:27 am

Trophies add additional bonus to the charm (read the docs).
I'd suggest switching to cold/poison and start farming k3k on terror or den of evil on destruction.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GvzKu2r3Eo&list=UU3V2-Q-XIni0_WxBIubp05A

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by usual on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:38 pm

fire/poison
fire and poison are good when it comes to dealing damage, but you're essentially getting living flame (+flat life), firedance (dmg) and vengeful power (life%, dmg red%, spell dmg when struck) instead of warp armor (avoid%, def%), snow queen (life%, def) and ice elementals (meatshields, dmg red%, def..).
using the ice tree will greatly benefit an undergeared sorc.

for example, a light/cold sorc with ice elementals and tempest can farm tran athulua with just honorific t1 gear and a good staff (+10-12 skills, light spell dmg, -enemy light res).
crafted sorc armors can come with +acid fiends, which are also great since they boost your running speed and spell dmg.
she can also get the easy charms and has a viable heroic-boss kill spell in thunderstone.

you can make do with any combination and end up with a viable character, but using cold+something else will help with survivability.

usual
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum