Cannot get mouse wheel nor hotkeys to work on skills.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot get mouse wheel nor hotkeys to work on skills.

Post by Valorek on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:07 am

Yes hello, I'm sure this is a easy fix but I've tried alot of different things. I have the 1.12 patch, I have tried running in compatibility mode for xp service pack 2 and 3 no dice, tried setting the mouse wheel to previous and next skill no dice, tried to set mouse wheel to skill 1,2,3 etc still nothing. Direct3d is running I also tried direct draw to no avail. If anyone can help me that would be fantastic! this is so frustrating Hitting a Wall perhaps it has something to do with a .ini config file somewhere???

Valorek
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot get mouse wheel nor hotkeys to work on skills.

Post by Will on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:09 am

Did you try the preferences and keyboard settings tab? It has them all changeable there. Very Happy

(this is within a d2 game (press esc for menu).

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Valorek on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:17 am

wow... I'll go give it a whirl haha thank you for the prompt reply I'll brb

Valorek
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valorek on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:19 am

All I have is the standard configure controls which as I mentioned above have tried. Am I supposed to be seeing another tab option with median? I have already tried configure controls clicking on a skill does not bind it to a key nor the mouse wheel, it says mouse wheel is active on the controls but it wont scroll in the game.

Valorek
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valorek on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:23 am

@Will wrote:Did you try the preferences and keyboard settings tab? It has them all changeable there. Very Happy

(this is within a d2 game (press esc for menu).

I have tried this it does not work Sad am I supposed to be seeing that pref and keyboard option? because all i see is configure controls.

Valorek
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valorek on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:37 am

Does anyone else know what might be going on? or do I just have a very unique issue?

Valorek
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:24 am

I have the same issue. Frankly, i prefer to switch skills by pressing the hotkeys, so it never bothered me that i cant use my mouse wheel, but i dont want you to think you're alone in this.

EDIT: I suspect it's an OS related problem, because I lost my ability to scroll through skills sometime when i got vista (in the past i used windows XP and it was fine), and now i'm using Windows7 and i still can't scroll through skills.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valorek on Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:34 am

@Asteroth wrote:I have the same issue. Frankly, i prefer to switch skills by pressing the hotkeys, so it never bothered me that i cant use my mouse wheel, but i dont want you to think you're alone in this.

EDIT: I suspect it's an OS related problem, because I lost my ability to scroll through skills sometime when i got vista (in the past i used windows XP and it was fine), and now i'm using Windows7 and i still can't scroll through skills.

I understand, well thanks alot for the incite at least I'm not alone, I can't even hotkey anything though. Like you can't go to configure and click on a skill and map it to a button. *sigh* Neutral  oh well I guess I'll just have to deal with using only 1 skill my entire experience of median Sad I'm a huge fan of the diablo franchise it's a pity I'll be left with this option.

Valorek
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valorek on Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:38 am

I'm actually quite baffled that this is not a simple ini config issue that I can manual fix...perhaps a misplaced value interfering with median? Idk

Valorek
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:33 am

I had (well have) this issue and when I first found these forums I asked this same question. The short of it is that generally speaking it won't work, but I forget why.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum