Running a Tundra Walker

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Running a Tundra Walker

Post by Ohmarinus on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi guys, I've always been the kind of guy either hiding behind a shield with maxblock, or taking out enemies down with a ranged character.

Now, I've started to play a bit with the dual wield axebarb, first I tried Nimmenjuushin + Throatseeker (Bearclaw proc + high life leech), I had the idea it would make survivability very high, which is true. However, it doesn't work as I had wanted. The damage output is not that great, and the build doesn't use the Tundra Walker set.

After I got the full Tundra walker set, the Neph Weapons from it is really nice as it allows you to use Runemaster as a second passive. After putting mostly On runes on my gear and just having some basic charms, I tried running some ubers, such as K3K with Bear Stance, which kind of works, but I don't think it's made for K3K Smile I use Deathgaze as a main skill, which works very well to kill stuff, I have all resist maxed and am trying go get def as high as possible. Have not worked on getting more -enemy resist since I'm using bearstance I figured I didn't need any -enemy resist.

I'm a bit lost, it doesn't feel like it's my 'thing' but am also aware that it might be because I just suck at melee and close-combat playing. I just don't want to give up there.

The worst thing is that the barb doesn't have a way of regenerating life well, I tried using blood-hatred, but don't understand the dynamics. Is it a good skill to alternate between, blood-hatred and Deathgaze?

I hope someone can point me in a good direction Smile as I would like to learn how to use this build properly, and therefor I should learn to understand the concepts of the set and the dual wield barb!

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running a Tundra Walker

Post by BASED_GOD on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:41 pm

Blood hatred is broken this patch :/

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

I'd rather be a Devourer!
TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:43 pm

1. I got same Problem with blood hatred doesnt work for me Zoo
2. Try usw ohm eines for vit instead oft in singe u should habe enough def with bear stance

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Hmm, so it's not just me Smile Okay, great.

Are there any other good items to combine with the Tundra Walker set?
I have found a "Warrior's Robe" and a "Candlewake" and "Splinter Mail" armor.

It's something totally new to me.

Maybe I should run other chars until Blood Hatred is fixed.

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sslaci on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:51 pm

probably better concentrate on cold proc - cold res, im running a barb now too, still low lvl tho. get a boarfrosta for -100 cold res an proc, use 2 nimmens or u can either change to sssu hand axe for epic dmg output, buff motw ofc, and get a khazra plate for more life if u got it. for ele dmg i would say use titans steps but its just my choice. I never tried full tundra, there are some ppl on realm who use the better ask them Very Happy

sslaci
Spike Beast

TGBest None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:09 pm

@Str0b3l wrote:1. I got same Problem with blood hatred doesnt work for me Zoo
2. Try usw ohm eines for vit instead oft in singe u should habe enough def with bear stance

Were you drunk writing this lol.

But on topic, what's wrong with blood hatred? is the losim not charging up?

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:36 pm

apparently the losim only works when hitting with bh and not with other skills

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:45 pm

@Asteroth wrote:
@Str0b3l wrote:1. I got same Problem with blood hatred doesnt work for me Zoo

Were you drunk writing this lol.

But on topic, what's wrong with blood hatred? is the losim not charging up?

typing on smartphone

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:46 pm

@Gekko64 wrote:apparently the losim only works when hitting with bh and not with other skills

Ohh, that's actually really lame.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:24 pm

@Asteroth wrote:
@Gekko64 wrote:apparently the losim only works when hitting with bh and not with other skills

Ohh, that's actually really lame.

It's terrible, I tried it with many different gear setups and have now trashed my barb for the time being. Double wielding axebarb is a very limited build and absolutely terrible in Dest. The dual wield swords build is still suitable though, with the dual wield set you can run some areas. I just wish it was better and as usual, using a shield makes the barb shine a lot more than dual wield. Throwbarb is the kind of barb I prefer the most. Warriors robe, T6 Balanced Axe or Sacred Unique Throwing axe, and some other nice parts can make the barb a nice farmer in Dtran for getting Su's and Sets for your other chars. Wandelkoning, Sots and Candlewalk are also nice items to use early on. Later on, Ghal belt and Qor in barb shield will help a lot Smile Qor in boots too btw.

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum