My barb axe overkill/kraken/totem.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My barb axe overkill/kraken/totem.

Post by Aldurin on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:24 pm

Hi guys! So I was playing some median during winter holidays, and decided to make my own barb axe thrower with little improvemnt Wink I read some of the guides on the forum page, and decided to make my own build. The strategy is rather obviuos: overkill + kraken stance and some extra IOS skills. Major item is craft sacred assault helm with +23 kraken stance, and RW Huracan with +25 elemental totem. I also use RW Raptor for weapon which gives extra axe trap called Hawk Talons (nice dmg because it gives 3/2 weapon dmg when triggered). I use this trap like egg trap for druid trap rat build, simply when running away from fast enemies and leave trap on my way. I'm just starting destruction difficulty, I heaven't had any major problems during hatred/terror, and game is simple and fun. But I would be pleased for some feedback from you guys, what can I change, what need to be improved, or completly rebuild Very Happy

Summary:

HP: ~12k
MP: 2k
AR: 20k
DF: 55k
Dmg overkill: 8k-30k with nephalem only; 17k-58k with naphalem and totem bonus.
Hawk Talons trap: 21k-73k
Smax: immortal, nephalem weapons, ancient blood, mountain king, dedalus

Gear.
axe (RW Raptor in sacred balanced axe):

gauntlets (RW Kali in sacred gauntlets):

armour (RW Erawan in sacred full plate):

belt (TU6 heavy belt):

boots (RW Nephilim in sacred graves):

shield (RW Huracan in sacred gilded shield):

helm (awwww yisss):

ring1:

ring2:

amu1:

amu2:

stats1:

stats2:

Very Happy

Last edited by Aldurin on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aldurin
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My barb axe overkill/kraken/totem.

Post by Quirinus on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:08 pm

moved from general discussion to newbie help section

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:31 pm

well its really far away from good/optimal build, but still nice try. by myself i dont like totems at all, they make you immobile. and btw i would use a2 merc for bloodlust buff and crafted axes with motw

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:33 pm

I would at least suggest rolling another rare ring for +1 skills but also the supernova on kill proc. I have a few now and it works really well. The proc doesn't kill much, but if you have a multi-ele char and good -enemy resists, the supernova can also add good dmg. It's also a 5% chance to proc and the nova is somewhere around lvl 45~49 (not sure) so having two rare rings with +1 skill and supernova proc, you get a good extra amount of damage from 10% chance to proc.

I would also add hammer proc to the rings, that's what I did. 2x 15% but you might even get away with just adding 5% on both rings (so 10% to proc in total) and leave the rest to MO with other MO's.

The helm is some good work, kraken stance kicks butt. Not sure, but would a Gehenna RW not make sense in this build? I dislike the use of Hawk Talons personally, as it would make me slower.

When I did an Overkill barb, (back in the dayzzz http://www.medianxl.com/t1737-1-e9-the-haxthrower-overkill-kraken) I had slightly different gear, I aimed for more def, going the Runemaster route. Then it became my main farmer in Dtran until I had a fully geared Trap Rat.

Final comment would be that you have high ele dmg, but don't forget to also get a good amount of -enemy elemental resists. I always aim to get at least one of the elements to -200. The others at -100 at least. This is very hard to do, but once you manage this, with the amount of ele dmg that you do right now, you just melt everything in front of you.

Your char seems very balanced, it's good you play through yourself Smile

Good luck!

Oh, btw, I would also try to use a Ripstar ring, just to see how it turns out.

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Elemental Totem doesn't increase Kraken Stance damage with any ranged skill.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:27 am

yep as already said, elemental totem does only affect melee hits. Also always keep in mind that kraken stance gets 5% ( i think) dmg synergy for every hardpoint you invest into ANY stance, so maybe you should reconsider your skillspec Smile

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldurin on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:33 am

@RollsRoyce wrote:yep as already said, elemental totem does only affect melee hits. Also always keep in mind that kraken stance gets 5% ( i think) dmg synergy for every hardpoint you invest into ANY stance, so maybe you should reconsider your skillspec Smile

But I really feel the ele boost while having totem buff, dunno, but if you guys say so that totem only affect melle hits Thinking ... Kraken gets boost for every point investetd into other stances? Shocked Didn't know that. I left the stance tree empty while I'm using only IOS kraken from helmet, mayby I would consider to put 1 point into all stances since I have +12 skill boost from items. But how aboute the gear guys? is it ok? I have 4 of 5 pieces of barb hunter axe set but is seems weak for me, although I done only some of the ubers and don't have any uber runes for now. As I wrote at the beggining it's my first barb-thrower Very Happy

Aldurin
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldurin on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:37 am

PS. somone suggest merc from act2 but I like my melle barb merc since I gave him TU6 Hellripper sword which have 5% to cast death coil on attack and many times my barb merc save my ass with that, he even destroy by himself Landmasses on terror alone :O (btw. Landmasses are for me one of the worest enemies, hate them so much ) He has nearly 18k HP and dmg (with all boost) 18k-30k so he seems powerfull Very Happy

Aldurin
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:51 am

Apart from gear changes as illustrated already,
I suggest you use lucky oil on any gear that you're going to use for more than 5 minutes.
For things like weapon/armor you of course use it before you apply ED% orbs or make a runeword.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldurin on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:16 am

Thx guys I just made some improvments. The Gehenna RW seems to work better, the ele dmg boost it noticable, I MO'ed rings with -% enemy resistance and add thunder hammer procs. Mr Green

axe:

ring1:

ring2:

stats:

Aldurin
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum