What are you currently up to in XV?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What are you currently up to in XV?

Post by suchbalance on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Suggesting cheese to newbies is dumb.

@Valicious
You've picked a strong solo class. Pretty much everything is doable as UH melee, although some bosses are easier as UH caster (use imperius set, or craft some gear), but you'll need to scout the forums for some bits of information in order to be able to do them more efficiently.

I suggest you go for the heroics next, as the QT, Belial and Astro charms are massive upgrades to any char. QT is just a gear check, search forums for more info. For Astro if you want to do him as melee, the easiest way is to use a Tepoztopilli spear (because of its high attack range) with a high elemental damage proc. Such  as Taquiyya rw and then use the 2p UH melee set for the flamestrike proc and malthael chest for the same proc, stacking -199% fire res of course; or you could just do him as UH caster if you prefer. Belial is much easier as ranged, he drops poison resist and has almost no hp so even a lucky SoD hit will kill him if you have at least -100% psn res or more.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valicious on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:44 pm

@suchbalance wrote:Suggesting cheese to newbies is dumb.

@Valicious
You've picked a strong solo class. Pretty much everything is doable as UH melee, although some bosses are easier as UH caster (use imperius set, or craft some gear), but you'll need to scout the forums for some bits of information in order to be able to do them more efficiently.

I suggest you go for the heroics next, as the QT, Belial and Astro charms are massive upgrades to any char. QT is just a gear check, search forums for more info. For Astro if you want to do him as melee, the easiest way is to use a Tepoztopilli spear (because of its high attack range) with a high elemental damage proc. Such  as Taquiyya rw and then use the 2p UH melee set for the flamestrike proc and malthael chest for the same proc, stacking -199% fire res of course; or you could just do him as UH caster if you prefer. Belial is much easier as ranged, he drops poison resist and has almost no hp so even a lucky SoD hit will kill him if you have at least -100% psn res or more.

Alright thanks for the tips. I have been using Malthael Set since I'm lvl 100 and its working flawlessly so far, I didn't even MO my gear yet because I can't decide what to MO Very Happy

E: Just did Belial first try, although I had a Poison Resist shrine right inside Icy Cellar

Valicious
Ice Clan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BASED_GOD on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:09 pm

testing out pounce for the first time Smile

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

I'd rather be a Devourer!
TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:50 am

doesn't RC remove poison immunity now?

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimoth on Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:57 am

Realized I had no ranged builds so I made an ele sorc. Tankier than I thought it'd be. Really digging tempest.

Edit: As I suspected, the build hard counters a lot of content I was struggling with, namely Toraja. Tempest makes it nearly passive, automatically destroying mobs as soon they lose their invulnerability. Lilith rarely makes it onto the screen before she croaks. Not bad, considering I haven't used any mo's and my sockets are almost all empty.

Daimoth
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ir0nslug on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:10 pm

@BASED_GOD wrote:testing out pounce for the first time Smile

You know so did my friend a few days ago... he traded a bunch of random crap off one of our mule accounts for a pounce nagi. then took our knights, BMR, SBS and god knows what else  and couldn't even farm dunc.

Lmao he may of been doing it wrong tho or maybe it really just sucks now no idea

As for me, I'm making a Valkayrie's Prime for the hell of it. all I need is some Unknown Skull 2s and a marksmen UMO. ;p

ir0nslug
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimoth on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGVaZDgtokA

It can be done.

Daimoth
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by woods879 on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:21 am

I think he's talking about pouncesin. I don't think it's viable anymore because of the spell timer on the OS skill for pounce, or something like that.

woods879
Siren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimoth on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:51 am

Currently going apeshit with sets, demoing builds I have no experience with. There's still a lot of content I haven't seen yet, so it's all still novel to me. Summon barbs were the most interesting. Spirit Walk alleviates the clear speed issues I typically associate with summon specs. The most disappointing was the throw barb set, mostly because I just don't like the mechanics of the of the throwing skills. Overkill was kind of nice, but I just felt myself wishing the axes spread more.

Recently leveled a nagi assassin as well. Great damage output, but glassy. With all the avoidance you don't take many hits, but the ones that do land hurt, even at max DR and the buff from Shadow Refuge.

Random observation: Deadfall is better than most sacred unique belts.

Daimoth
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nani on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:05 pm

I just returned to Median a week ago or so. Last time I played was when this forum just got created, leaving me somewhat clueless, since according to that additional skilltree in every character, loads has changed.

I played around a bit with an Amazon and noticed that the whole levelcurve got compressed a bit, since I managed to reach level 120 at the end of terror.
Then I started noticing how squishy said Amazon actually is and am now pondering trying something sturdier.

I guess I'll just dabble aorund with every character a bit and see what playstyle is going to stick.

Edit: Just tried the Mirror Mirror minigame and used dark summoning to get shard spawns. Oops.

Nani
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum