MXL alternative

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MXL alternative

Post by timmermac on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:39 pm

The main changes are in the items. There are several new item types that enhance your character. There aren't many new monsters, though some of the existing ones look different than their vanilla counterparts. There are a bunch of Diablo clones in the Cold Plains cave, you probably don't want to visit the normal version too early, as they will kill you. They do drop all kinds of Unique items. Difficulty in Normal isn't too high, though it is possible to die occasionally. The monsters in Nightmare are considerably harder to kill, though I'm still fairly early in Act 1. My brother has a set and I have a unique item.

As Kato at the Phrozen Keep would say: Go fetch.

timmermac
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:43 pm

GregMXL wrote:Yes they're still working on it though. I heard it was good actually. All well. I tried downloading the Lilith Paths mod for Titan Quest and can't find that file on the internet for some reason. Hard to compare any mods or games to Median.

Not 100% sure if it includes Lilith+Paths, Greg, but after a research on the spanish forum of Titan Quest, I have found this that maybe includes what you are looking for:

http://www.mediafire.com/?874id9yizzyq4

For what was said on the old post that included that link, those files include the full "Lilith pack" for spanihs players, so it should be there (if it wasn´t, probably I have that one saved somewhere on my hard drive, so once I had arrived home I will look for it to upload it again on any server)
TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki22vu on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:54 pm

kiki22vu
Jungle Snake

SNEJ Player
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Thanks TQer!

Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:56 am

How good is this?
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:52 am

Metalistas wrote:How good is this?

Well, just in case, it is really hard for me to be objective when judging Diablo II Inmortal for a lot of different reasons:

-I took care of some of the work when translating it to spanish.
-And Violos, the modder who has done it (that by the way has a really high knowledge about Titan Quest), is a good friend of mine with whom I eventually play on multiplayer.

Trying to be as much objective as I can:

-The mod includes a monsters´spawn slightly increased when compared to vanilla game (more or less it would be something like a mod x 2-mod x3 or so, where the boss appear on x1 version).
-The spawn of champions is higly increased on the other hand, which is great IMO because is precisely this part what makes TQ challenging (those epics fights on Hades Palace against a pack of Dactyles, for example).
-Violos made a lot of effort of balancing a lot of the things that in my case dislike more of equipment on Titan Quest, as when thinking on end game gear equipment there isn´t too much variety thinking on optimal gear: Sapros on physical damage dealers, bramblewood bow on archers, stonebindercuffs on almost all toons unless mages/caster as general rule, archmage clasps on mages, etc... (in fact it is about to be seen someone weilding axes on end game on Titan Quest, for example).
Violos reduce the power of some items (Sapros itself, The MI clubs called Folgs, etc... ), increased others, and included a lot of new items and new sets, so then you have more real options when choosing gear for your toons.
-In a certain sense it could be considered the opposite to Median: Violos isn´t a great fan of continuolsy spamming AOE attacks on a screen always full of monsters (thus, the spawn of mobs is just slightly increased), but of a balance between AOE-crowd control and single target skills.
-It changes some of the mechanics of the game+and adaptation of Diablo II skills+monsters (not all: you won´t find druids there because shapeshifting is impossible on TQ).
-And it also includes a version combined with Lilith mod if you want to give it a go on a different map than the one of vanilla game.
-It also includes some kind of "mini games" (for some of them you will find parchments there with hints on how to complete them) some of them based on Diablo II: the cow king, etc...

After saying this, IMO is a good and challenging mod Very Happy .
TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:56 am

Thanks Smile I haven't completed the original Titan Quest. Should i do that or just skip it and jump into mods ? Is there a way to instal Titan Quest mods similarly like D2SE ?
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Mmmm, at least in my case I would complete at least once vanilla Titan Quest from Helos normal until Hades throne room on legendary difficulty to learn the basic mechanics of the game, the attacks of bosses, and to have a basic knowledge of equipment.

For now, what I would install in any case is the fan patch that solves many things: Iron Lore went bankrupt not too much time after releasing the expansion of the game so a lot of things weren´t fixxed by the developers of the game (I included a link to download the fan patch on mahitovec´s stream thread iirc if you want to download it).
Among other things fixxed by the fanpatch: ravages of time (a sinergy of the skill Deathchill aura on spirit mastery) and triumph (a sinergy of Battle standard on warfare mastery) didn´t work on vanilla game, solved the problems of lag on the Tower of Judgement and Hades palace crystal rooms, and many more.

Later, sure I would install mods like mad: you have a lot of varety depending on what you want to get:

-Increasment on mosters+bosses spawn and some of them also increases monster stats (resistances, damage, ofensive and defensive ability, etc.. like Achiles Mod, or Uber mod): mod x2, x3, x..., xmax, Achiles mod, Rain of Champions, Typhoon Mod, Uber Mod, M4ssboss3s Mod, etc...
-Mods that change the original masteries: Soulvicier, Masteries mod, Diablo II Inmortal, Asylum Mod, etc...
-And Lilith mod that changes the maps (and there are available  a few some others that changes maps too).

Also there is a mod merger that allows you to combine some of hte previous ones between them (it is limited though so you cannot combine all of them) and a "camera" mod (that makes you have more options when handling the "camera" of the game beyond the ones included on the game (i.e. beyond zoom in/out)

I´m at my parents house at this moment so I cannot check on my PC, but once I had arrived home next week I will make a more elaborate list of Titan Quest mods with links to download them as a lot of them included on Titan Quest forums doesn´t work for different reasons (shutdown of megaupload, etc...)

To install mods on Titan Quest is easy: as general rule all you have to do is copy the folder that contains the mod on the following route: C:\Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\Custommaps. If you don´t find there a "custommaps" folder, just create it (some exceptions here like Uber Mod, Soulvicier and a few some others. On this exceptions you will find a read me file on the folder that contains the mod, with instructions on how to install it)

And the rest is just choose "custom game" on the menu of the game, you will find there a list with all the mods you have installed, and select the one you want to use so there is no need of an app like D2SE for Titan Quest.
TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrum666 on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Interesting post. Last fryday i watched a couple of videos of TQ, and call me attentions.
Before install median again some months ago, i installed a d2 nemesis and LRM. i played nemesis a for a few hours and was kill for a army of duriel , and LRM and turned bored IMO. i want to knows yours opinion for another mod to recomend for a future.
Astrum666
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:42 pm

Modded TQ is definitely a fun game IF, and it's a pretty big if, you don't mind playing single player. As I was without proper internet for most of December I've been playing soulvizier and it's actually quite fun, considering the last time I played TQ was 2011.

I tried D2I also, but the combination of the veeery slow untwinked start + the fact that vanilla d2 skills are quite boring after playing mxl kinda put me off. Maybe I've jumped the gun a bit tho. However soulvizier is definitely fun especially if you were a fan of the old Nezeramontias mod for diablo.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum