[v6d] The Kickstarter Sin: The Untwinked Journey

Page 4 of 47 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [v6d] The Kickstarter Sin: The Untwinked Journey

Post by Inertia on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:53 am

1.2gb in 10 hours weeeeee.
I don't think 1.2gb in 10 hours is bad as long as your videos are rendered.
Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestoned on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:22 am

@BassToMouth wrote:I can't deny wychwind is extremely strong but its more of a personal thing - I've never enjoyed playing throwsins. I still feel non throwsins are more versatile with less gear because of the availability of Judge claw + SR letting you reach MB with just random dex% crafts and not worrying about DR on gear. Sure you could have a weapon on switch to keep up SR but why? Might as well just use a claw sin.

However this build will beat pretty much all the ubers bar some of the ultimative ones that require to you specifically tailor your character in doing them. You seem to misunderstand the point of this guide - it will do ALL the ubers with less gear than other characters. It may not be the fastest, but it will still be a decent pace and you won't need to have 50 SSSUs waiting in your stash.

You seem to be nitpicking my argument instead of defending yours. My point was that you stated these "limitations" can be overcome with skill. Fair enough, thats great, a game that rewards skill is always a good thing. My point was that I would like to see you prove it instead of hiding behind all your charms and stats and SUs. I would like to see your "skill" overcome 98123 projectiles and enemies leaking in from every side. My point was that there are too many limitations that will STOP you from being able to do most ubers with other classes unless you tailor your character a certain way - even then you still won't be able to do them UNLESS you have a certain amount of gear available... and here is where the sin shines - it can do MORE than what most other characters can dream to achieve (and with less gear). This has been my point the entire time... I'm still not sure what yours is.

And yes I have checked the sin guides and ALL of them assume you own every single SU and perfect charm. In fact the only good guide I've seen for a sin is Aerial's pouncesin which let you build it from the ground up with no items, which unfortunately is too outdated.

Your kind of attitude is what forces new players to turn to item packs because players here always claim how easy it is to do X and Y yet I've yet to see them do this without hiding behind all their gear and charms. I know you've posted a lot of guides and you deserve kudos for that, however none of them tailors towards COMPLETELY new players. You also assume that they are extremely skilled and can overcome any class/item disadvantage by dodging every projectile on the screen. Well, newsflash, not everyone is as good as you think you are. People need items, guides and builds to which is why so many turn to item packs instead of playing the game legitly. My guide isn't the best out there but it works, and it works for new players that have 0 gear and you don't need skills bestowed by a godlike entity and dodge a full screen of projectiles to pull it off.

My sin guide isn't good? It's not good because i didn't say how to play untwinked? I'm fairly certain that rolls' atmg guide has an entire walk through or at least it did before from level 1 to level 120 with untwinked gear to go along for the ride. Personally I don't like atmg much either and i don't think you're holding yourself back by not using it. I did all ubers with sin and never used atmg. However, I think it's pointless to argue over a guide. I appreciate where you're coming from catering a guide to noobs most don't really considerate that including myself.

And furthermore, the only reason i would use anything other than su nagi on switch would be a buffstick (shamanka) But since i prefer to use a throwing knife i am required to switch in order to activate shadow refuge (OH GAWD SO HARD TO PRESS W!) Sins don't need buffs really anyways unless you're doing brach or something then tainted blood is great. All in all i would say your guide is actually pretty solid. My guide got flamed as well. It's to be expected. People can't just TRY a build or be empathetic in a sense and see where the guide maker is coming from, oh no, they need to nitpick it all to hell, call you unoriginal because your guide was for a sin. The point is, do it for yourself, do it for the noobs, but don't take into consideration the people who lurk the forums all day and read everyguide to give there every opinion on every item, stat, and build.
Prestoned
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:41 am

Sorry didnt mean to offend, I'm quite aware of how much time goes into making guides >_< I should re-word that to "good for new players with no real previous experience or items."

(Frostneedle is also an alternative for the glacial novas)
BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestoned on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:47 am

@BassToMouth wrote:Sorry didnt mean to offend, I'm quite aware of how much time goes into making guides >_< I should re-word that to "good for new players with no real previous experience or items."

(Frostneedle is also an alternative for the glacial novas)

I'm not offended. I know there's nothing wrong with my guide besides i was using bugged chest. I don't use a bugged chest anymore or maybe i didn't make it as pretty as marco makes his guides. I have some FUCKING awesome characters on single player right now like poison druid, disco barb, summoner sorceress. I should make guides for them but i won't. The way the guides are received and the fact that it's literally a contest kinda disgusts me. Thanks for the recommendation as well.
Prestoned
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:52 pm

No one is ever gonna say "hey you got the perfect guide." People are gonna always offer constructive criticism. The problem is people don't really want any more Assassin guides cause they all basically do and say the same thing. Max ways,use Atmg, Wyrd, use melee until 120,use Broadside for Ubers bla bla. Rolls had a nice guide in the old forums,Preston basically tweaked it for end game but now any Sin guide will revolve around these guides. It's tough because I know people wanna see more Druid and non X Bow Nec guides. Stoya made a pretty solid Tantrum Sin guide. Unorthodox builds are the way to go but usually not newbie friendly. This is a more newb friendly guide than Siddarth's,not saying his isn't good but a lot of this has been done before.

Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Well everyone let's calm down... let's close this guide dilema and let the main poster breath now Smile

@BassToMouth: alright you seem like a guy with a cooled off mind, most people would have raged already. I just felt your argument "we should play an assassin because other characters can't reach that far" was out of place. You shouldn't be boycotting other classes like that imo, potential for all classes is very high; it requires patience (which becomes skill) and as a modder point of view, players that play every character is what is needed, if we want to evolve. Sure, I won't force you to make a guide that isn't an assassin just to feed me. Like I said, I appreciate the untwinked approach you're trying to get, so I'm looking forward to you to polish this guide.

@Prestoned: well your guide got doomed from the first comment for the bugged trader's chest, instead of cooling off you decided to flame and that didn't fix anything. If you had instead, apologized, so to say, and updated the screenshots with a legit character, I wouldn't mind to have deleted the comments and leave your guide fresh (offer will always be up, btw).

Thing is, there are already way to many assassin guides imo, and they are ALL waysins. I mean come on, such character can't be more straigth forward. And guides that require items like sky siege or eternal armor (or wtf its called) are just lol, I mean, who needs a 'guide' after getting such items legit? Those are only 'cool build specs', and they are good to have but imo they should be restricted to a thread like miniguides thread, after all that was kind the point of it (post your 'fastest char in galaxy' thread ala pipendrusu)

@Greg: once again, you sum it up very well Clap Clap

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:32 pm

I have a good feeling Sigma is gonna have some major build diversity. <----(impatiently twiddles thumbs).

Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:47 pm

@greg : still we have lots of possibilities to make diff chars , just people are lazy and lack of imagination imo plus, they want to win game asap and as easy as possible.. thats all.
but if we have a lot moar skills&new items to make diff chars it would be more exciting for me...(for sigma)

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Yes Stoya..which means you have some work to do. Cool Time for some more guides from you. Yup different skills,items,maps,monsters...<-----
(Now violently twiddles thumbs).

Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:59 pm

why people provoke me these days you&marco Smile i can write 5-10 moar guides that people dont imagine yet but problem is my layout&intros are terrible, and it took so much time and i am so so busy in shop(xmas days shopping time) and my gf come to visit me... even i have 2387492837 free time i always think twice to write guide still dont know why? maybe i dont like my writing language(my english is not perfect) and layouts... i am totally pc noob mate Smile i dont play any game until i met with median. thats why i am poor at suggesting skills&item names etc. cause i dont know any other game than median + as i always say i am pc noob -> i cant understand some mechanics coding part of game Smile

maybe i will improve those parts one day, who knows? now i am only good player i mean i love my playstyle Laughing
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 47 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: