What are your habits?

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are your habits?

Post by void on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Exclude obvious stuff like "do LC0/LC1/LC2".
Are there some must-always-do things you do in your playthroughs?
Things that are completely optional or even random but you do them regardless because you just have to?

I've got a few
Must always roll 5 x -10%req jewels for sacred type body armor as soon as I find one with decent base defense
Must always get successful luck oil roll on amulet/ring (latter only if playing caster) before act 2
Must always save/exit immediately after getting new charm/good item (game sometimes inexplicably crashes; Not gonna lose my precious Nope )

How about you? Wink

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your habits?

Post by Dmitriy Of on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:37 pm

Always open all waypoints.

Always get all eyes/dogmas on terror before starting destruction.

Always complete BRC between 110-119 level(character orb contain all useful characteristics like most of easy charms on destruction).

Dmitriy Of
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by timmermac on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:45 pm

I must explore all areas.

I must keep all uniques/sets

I must keep all gems

For mods where the cube is a starting item, I must not go into the Halls of the Dead.

timmermac
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:46 am

75 all res after rada
all profitable quests

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

@mahitovec wrote:all profitable quests
So obvious. ^^
I try to skip them for as long as possible because it will be faster later on.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:22 am

• No twinking.
  • No rerunning areas while leveling (except for gold from Grubbers and complete minigames/challenges).
  • No rerunning ubers endgame except for getting ubercharms Laughing

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimoth on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:25 am

I rarely make use of the character orb.

Daimoth
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:29 am

@void wrote:
@mahitovec wrote:all profitable quests
So obvious. ^^
I try to skip them for as long as possible because it will be faster later on.

that's not necessarily the best way to do things as sometimes quests can help you keep a proper experience & difficulty curve. Example: hatred den of evil is a clear example of a quest you want to do as soon as you see it, the levels boost will make it a lot smoother to reach level 12 before trist, else you end up grinding harder monsters like in underground passage or simply doing trist underleveled, both which make you lose the time you were trying to gain in the first place.

Knowing where and when to level up a character is probably one of my most important guidelines when playing this game. You always want to have leveling as a secondary aspect of whatever you're doing, but you want to do it efficiently. I'll try to be more clear: suppose you make an amazon, someone tcows you to 120, now you're at terror with absolutely no gear or waypoints. Now at this point, you don't actually know how to play your character, you're not so sure how you want to skill it, and you have no gear. Excluding the obvious 'get all the gear and charms from a friend and have a fully geared character' - which btw is a shitty way to play the game ( because you're actually using someone else's character ). This is an awkward spot, and you are likely to end up quitting this character because you've read Y character is better than your X character for something - which is just an excuse for playing the game wrong.

So this is probably my first rule - don't get tcowed / rushed and actually play the game. And here I want to make a mention why I say leveling should always be a secondary aspect: because if it's your main task (e.g. if you're getting cowed), it means you're investing time in it (thus wasting it). If it's a secondary task, it means you're always doing something else and levels come alone. This can include, doing quests, trying out what mercenaries can fit your build the best, knowing what skills you want to pick, learning how to use them, getting gear and understanding what affixes you should look for, doing challenges, collecting reagents, etc.

tl;dr - no twinking, no powerleveling, playing the game the way it's supposed to be played and enjoy all it has to offer

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by powtek on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:56 am

Definitely agree with Marco. T/D cows is a bad idea especially for starters because the first thing you need to do is to know your character. And to know your character, you need to play it along, which means play through the story.

On topic: When I start a character, I:

1. Read some resources regarding that particular build, its effectiveness early, mid, and late game.
2. Twink if I really need it.
3. In character orb, I always aim for: flat def/TCD/resists/+1 skills for caster and ewd/LL/MaeK/resists/+1 skills for WDM.
4. Always get honorific gloves before entering Act 2
5. Always pick rares for gold.
6. If I feel stuck, I read or watch videos about that.

Upon/Before reaching dest, I:

1. MO the shit out of every item (%ed for armor, -resists for each piece, either FCR/LaeK for weapon and others for BPs)
2. This farm route: TA > Fauzt > Dunc (although I never managed to survive for a minute in Dunc)
3. And of course, feel frustrated in Vizjun, A3 Sewers, and some heroics.

powtek
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:26 am

My first character cubes 15 emeralds onto their character orb. Make 3 pieces of crafting jewelry on level 0 rings/amulets. Greater Potions of Experience are my only real consistent "twink" items. I don't like rushes but I also want to get through the first 50 levels as quickly as possible.

Plus I also like to pop into new players games, drop some GPoXP and leave like a demented Santa Claus.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum