Kadazzle
Hivehost

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cookie cutter build please

Post by cowking on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Deathlord necro with graveyard and Shockwave RW

Spec for defense, %DR and LAEK, then run around and jump over packs with AoD using dagger on switch or MO some ctc tele on struck

My first dunc farmer very GG

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:21 pm

Parasite Necro works well in both those instances, I agree with cowking.

With just RW's / Crafts / Set you'll be able to have a high sustain and fast clearing character. Not to mention that the melee necro set is one of the best one in the game.

Key to success with htis character is to:

- Get high attack rating (you can use Xorine's Ring, they're very easy to find and very effective) or ignore target's defense (lottery weapon or metalhead) so that every single one of your projectiles heals you.

- Keep at least 700k defense. Should be easily doable with high armor pieces and 350% ed on everything.

- SMax Emblaming and get flat hp on your craft pieces that can get them. You'll be able to withstand hard hitting mobs in fautz, otherwise you might die to unlucky rng.

- Maintain a minimum of 300% mf so that each of your runs are relevant. It's very easy to achieve with crafts and mf MO's.

- Maintain at least 50% life leech.

This is a thread I made a couple of months ago asking for advice for a melee necro, and as a result of every pos tin that thread, my necro got to a point where I could most uberlevels with very cheap gears:
http://www.medianxl.com/t5983-need-a-hand-for-a-parasite-necro

I started with a lot of SU's on him, but ended up using the set because it ended up being better LOL. It's a rare thing when you go back to cheaper items because they're better Razz

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:38 pm

Vizharan (SU) is close to mandatory for melee necro.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SWaP on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:49 pm

Don't underestimate trap rat druid that still enough tanky and can farm many of ubers on destr with just TUs (MOd of course)

@Wulf wrote:
- Get high attack rating (you can use Xorine's Ring, they're very easy to find and very effective) or ignore target's defense (lottery weapon or metalhead) so that every single one of your projectiles heals you.

It's good, but.... lol. It needs at least Legacy of Blood farming or special SSU. The question was about with no S/SS/SSSUs. And also Xorine's Ring is annoying enough to get

Last edited by SWaP on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

SWaP
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:55 pm

I just realized something cute.

The Marchosias (WereWolf set) 2 set piece (armor + belt) gives you 60% str, a shit ton of damage, a 10% bladestorm on attack as well as high defense. lol...

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Truth be told there isn't ANY char that can farm both dunc & fauzt "quick and easy" as OP said without any SU.

Even melee necro needs at least set and vizharan otherwise no gg defence.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by potapo_gourouni on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:22 pm

For me (and i consider myself a newbie), after different character builds, found out that blood thorns unholydin was the way to go for both dunc and fautz.
easy+simple+safe also

potapo_gourouni
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:17 pm

@suchbalance wrote:Truth be told there isn't ANY char that can farm both dunc & fauzt "quick and easy" as OP said without any SU.

You can make melee necro (use Jitan armor as a smaller copy of set weapon proc + you can give merc same Jitan + deadfall for double procs) and farm Tran Athulua for signets, uniques and even sets. First runs will be harder, but later you can tank more and more amazons since parasite leaches a lot. MO your stuff with defense up to 350+def runes + total defense on top. As you feel comfortable in there - move to duncraig. Jumping over = win. Fauzt is most problematic because of physical immunes and because other stuff dies really fast > immunes left - not fun. While using set you can go in, kill - make tower defense mini game in one area - don't wait there to kill immunes -> move to next area with more mobs -> continue. This char is best at multiple targeting and it really works well when you get used to feeling of playing while constantly surounded.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:37 am

@suchbalance wrote:Truth be told there isn't ANY char that can farm both dunc & fauzt "quick and easy" as OP said without any SU.

I'm pretty confidant melee necros can do both those instances with just crafts and runewords. Vizharan isn't mandatory, it just makes your armor higher.

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum