Need advice with my lvl 111 melee unholy paladin ''build''

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need advice with my lvl 111 melee unholy paladin ''build''

Post by Ragecrab on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:28 pm

As a person who is horrible at D2 i'd like you to help and point out if there is anything im doing wrong or if there is some kind of skill/item/stat i should have.
Purpose of the build is to be as tanky as possible with some sort of crowd control ability that isnt too mana dependant.

Skills:

Items:

Stats:

Fire res:136%
Cold res:134%
Lightning res:147%
Poison res:276%
DR:5%
CB:31%
OW:6%

Ragecrab
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need advice with my lvl 111 melee unholy paladin ''build''

Post by potapo_gourouni on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:43 pm

Check these guides
http://www.medianxl.com/t1097-v6d-wraithdin-the-unholy-melee-paladin-miniguide

and

http://www.medianxl.com/t1706p20-mxl-miniguides-compilation-forumer#37212

my preference is blood thorns over lemures
also i dont max superbeast, i just drop there the rest points that i have, and i'm maxing stormlord
and FULL VITALITY

Check also a video in youtube: Unholy Melee Paladin Fauzt
Hope these will help Wink

potapo_gourouni
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:49 pm

well you're gonna want to smax hymn. It gives you tremendous sustain.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:52 pm

Yeah you seem to only have picked up Terror strike from the melee skills. I wonder how you managed to melee your way so far to be honest.

Check out the first link posted by @potapo_gourouni and follow that guide but replacing lemures with blood thorns and therefore MOs etc accordingly.

Let us know if something is unclear in that guide, by posting there for example. Me and lots of ppl in general play UH melee, because its really strong & fun, so there is plenty of advice if you need it after guide.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragecrab on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:46 pm

Thanks for quick replies guys, blood thorns really helped improve my killspeed to the point where i can just run past enemies and they just turn into mincemeat, however ive ran into a new problem at Act 5 Nihtalak's Temple where i seem to get poison that drains my health in matter of seconds and allows other monsters to finish me off easily and i have no idea what causes it.

Edit: Right after posting this the poison seems to have just dissapeared mysteriously and the whole temple was a cakewalk from there.

Ragecrab
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren1001 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:21 pm

@Ragecrab wrote:Thanks for quick replies guys, blood thorns really helped improve my killspeed to the point where i can just run past enemies and they just turn into mincemeat, however ive ran into a new problem at Act 5 Nihtalak's Temple where i seem to get poison that drains my health in matter of seconds and allows other monsters to finish me off easily and i have no idea what causes it.

Edit: Right after posting this the poison seems to have just dissapeared mysteriously and the whole temple was a cakewalk from there.

Steel Crushers seem to do that. Rapid-draining poison. I have max resistances even with the Succubus-type monsters' death curses lower resistances and it still gets me down in a matter of seconds. Just prioritize them like one would with Trap Rats.

Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:30 pm

Steel Crushers attack with Prowl (old spearzon skill) which is basically the charge attack + tons of poison damage in less than 1 second. No matter how high your resists are these grunts are far more dangerous than trap rats which were greatly nerfed.

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum