have you ever thought about giving up with median XL?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: have you ever thought about giving up with median XL?

Post by Gekko64 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:26 pm

I think the vital info that running = 0 def should be more readily available, like on the median xl statue or something.... it makes an immense difference and many people are used to running everywhere from LoD

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sslaci on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:59 pm

i only run w bowzon, since she got 0 def anyway Very Happy

sslaci
Spike Beast

TGBest None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:01 pm

@suchbalance wrote:
@grimjerk wrote:
5. If you play only SP then you are going to have to become a pro to play like a pro. Laz designed Median originally with SP in mind. Marco designed--and correct me if I am wrong, Marco--Ultimative with MP in mind. If you are of normal to sub-normal skill then play multi-player and know that there is no shame in partying up.

That is a bit far from the truth grim. All ubers are very doable solo, probably the only one where you can say no shame in partying up is the void. And yes I am talking solo from an untwinked start like a ladder reset, and no I do not consider myself pro at the game. It's simply down to knowledge (mostly) and practice.

The fact that you see many of these TSW "pros" always in party on their uber screenshots is because people always find the path of least resistance - it's just human nature. Does it make ubers easier when you party up? Sure. Same way that duping your GR's or resetting save to make an insane rolled Natasha's legacy etc. in sp does. It's just a choice every player makes for themselves.

Does that imply that the mod is made with MP in mind? I don't think so. (In fact XV reduced the difficulty of some ubers, making it even more "accessible" than XIV).

Maybe I did a poor job at making myself clear, you know how we Yanks struggle with the English language.

I just meant that the videos that they see are made by people who devote a lot of time to the game and that they need to do the same to play at that level. Certainly all the ubers are doable as you say.

As far as the SP vs MP design focus I am fairly certain that this is a statement that Marco himself has made, though it appears to be beyond my search-fu level to find. And the difference I was pointing up was between Median XL (Laz) and Median XL Ultamative(Marco).

And since the game does scale up with more players in the game, I would say that there is a big difference between partying and flat out cheating. Granted that there are some build combos that are exploitive, but what's a modder to do?

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:04 pm

dont give up that easy. median has really long learning curve. try to read docs first, check guides, watch videos and use forum as much as possible. we have nice community here to help all newbies, good player or pros. even after long years of play time there will be still something to learn about median.
so struggling on this learning period is really normal for median. this is really so hard game at the first sight but after learning curve everything will get easier and better for sure.

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ibarc1 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:06 pm

as marco said, even dumb players can succeed at this mod. i'm a decent example. i cant do most of the hard ubers yet, yet i have all but 1 charm. farming and trading is always a possibility. respec your char often. make sure you are running an ideal spec. sometimes you have to completely change your build to make something work. (i use treewarden summon druid for toraja)

ibarc1
Razor Fur Titan

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:55 pm

@ibarc1 wrote:as marco said, even dumb players can succeed at this mod. i'm a decent example. i cant do most of the hard ubers yet, yet i have all but 1 charm. farming and trading is always a possibility. respec your char often. make sure you are running an ideal spec. sometimes you have to completely change your build to make something work. (i use treewarden summon druid for toraja)

Curious to hear about that build since I have a few very good items for Treewarden Very Happy

Could you expand on this build of yours? I have trouble in Toraja with my traprat.

Also, I dreamed I was doing the Marco uber last night. Haven't had the luck of finding all charms yet, I still need:
Void
Sleep
Yshari
Marco
Brachy
Uldy
Dclone (im sure you dont have dclone either, so you probably have all but two)
Belial
Quov Tsin
Astrogha

Hope to find someone to run with soon, as my friends don't have these charms either.

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by timmermac on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:59 pm

@Gekko64 wrote:I think the vital info that running = 0 def should be more readily available, like on the median xl statue or something.... it makes an immense difference and many people are used to running everywhere from LoD

I'm pretty sure it's a Pearl of Wisdom.

timmermac
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ibarc1 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:28 pm

u can run treewarden nakek in toraja and farm it, just max out goodberries and lifeshield, 1 pt ff, 1 pt treewarden, make ur summons as big as possible with rest of points. the cast rate of treewarden is why i use it. with equip you could put a point into pummel to kill stuff a bit quicker, but easy way is to make full honorific gear with summon mos on them and get a staff with a lot of druid skills on it for better summons.

ibarc1
Razor Fur Titan

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:43 pm

@ibarc1 wrote:u can run treewarden nakek in toraja and farm it, just max out goodberries and lifeshield, 1 pt ff, 1 pt treewarden, make ur summons as big as possible with rest of points. the cast rate of treewarden is why i use it. with equip you could put a point into pummel to kill stuff a bit quicker, but easy way is to make full honorific gear with summon mos on them and get a staff with a lot of druid skills on it for better summons.

Hmmmm, but does a treewarden have good LAEK and lifesteal? I found some stuff with very high defensive stats, I'm just looking for a guide on starting a treewarden, but haven't found much about running one. I'm very curious how it works. I have a very, very good cudgel for a tree druid.

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiamet on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:02 pm

no

Tiamet
Doom Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum