Cornerstone of the worlds jewels

79% 79% 
[ 44 ]
21% 21% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 56

Re: Cornerstone jewels

Post by Westville on Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:42 pm

I never find them, granted I get bored after doing 1x fautz run anyway. I would prefer it remain as is; It actually stopped their OP value since they were once unsocketable. If there were ever a reciepe to unsocket it...I'd like it to be alot of some useless hard item (like enchanted crystal or 3x karas ticket umo). Give use to some item that many people think are useless but not that easy to find. Even 1x shaad to unsocket it would work.

then again I feel like fautz great rune drops needs to be nerfed IN PROPORtion to toraja. So if fautz is 8x bigger than toraja than fautz runes need to be 8x harder to find than toraja runes. Fautz already drops tons of gg jewelry and you can just roll through; toraja is rather boring is only drops great runes. Lets make toraja a bit more inticing or make fautz a bit less?

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by titan015 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:33 am

Most cotws just rot in the stash for being unsocketable.

It being ultra rare makes it ultra expensive, it being unsocketable makes player want to sell it instead of using it and since its expensive it rarely is sold = unconventional, rare fun builds are almost extinct.

titan015
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by korcola on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:25 am

item with COTW + I AM RICH gem = unsocket

Now rich gem actually has a purpose Razz

korcola
Dark Templar

♨‎ (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ♨ - Honorable Soldier
TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Goatmilk on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:57 pm

@titan015 wrote:Most cotws just rot in the stash for being unsocketable.

It being ultra rare makes it ultra expensive, it being unsocketable makes player want to sell it instead of using it and since its expensive it rarely is sold = unconventional, rare fun builds are almost extinct.

This. I remember having fun several ladder seasons ago with the Cotw's I found, but after they've been made impossible to unsocket, I bet most of them never gets to see daylight - you need the perfect item to use it in, and pref. in an item that can also be shared between builds/chars. It's way too much of a hassle avoiding using the Cotw in a weak/not-best-in-slot item.

Voted for unsocket being possible of course.

Goatmilk
Darkwarden

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:56 pm

wasn't expecting someone else than mr cheesity to make such thread, you miss dancing SoV oskill on all your chars? seems people have a hard time understanding that CotWs are NOT a factor in the game balance, the game is NOT balanced around them, thus, allowing players to carry them throughout their gear progression is completely broken, as well as being able to dance them between all their characters AND afterwards get full trading value?

haven't I explained this a billion times?

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:05 pm

We might need another guide for dummies.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishab on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:05 pm

voting or not voting in this is useless.. I also made a similar post some time ago and marco said pretty much the same thing he said above..
I learned he is not gonna change it back so I stopped winning about it and just hope that the unique jwel I found in uber is an atomus or even a zakarum stoning jewel and not a cotw..

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sslaci on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:17 pm

true dat. or at least make kab runes socketable at a cost.

sslaci
Spike Beast

TGBest None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:25 pm

GR runewords should also be un-unsocketable (yes this is the term, peeps). They should also be stronger. This way, they could compete (or even be greater than) sacred uniques, and this adds some farming value to the game (which is conceptually 'more correct' than doing lame re-rolls). This would add more balance to endgame.

#TrustMeImAModder

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:38 pm

All items should have no sockets. All characters should have no items. All games should have no mods. All electrical sockets should have no sockets.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum