Help with Wolf Druid

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with Wolf Druid

Post by Wulf on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:20 pm

I just reached lvl 120 with pretty much only T6 gears and a Lo 2h Great Sword. I've been thinking of gearing him up for large farming areas such as Dunc and Fautz, though I have no idea what kind of gears works well with him. Is the set good enough? Are there any key items I should know about? Up until what Uberquest should he be able to complete?

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help with Wolf Druid

Post by Pernkeb on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:23 pm

Been playing nothing but wolf druid this ladder season. Might have some tips.

The set items are a really good place to start with, the partial bonuses really boost your character early on and the long sword with 6+ skills helps you get on your feet with your uberskills. I still haven't found the armor piece though for some reason. Good place to farm in your shoes is simply going through areas stacked with elites, like river of flame or something.

As for key items, one of the most important and pretty easy to find on your own is Wyand's Fervor (SU hard leather armor). It gives 60% IAS and 50 mana on striking, in other words it lets you spawn crows endlessly. The SSU kite shield that gives mana when you take damage is also good but trickier to find and is more of a defensive alternative. Another relatively easy item to find I want to heavily recommend is the boots from the community set, the psychic scream proc is beyond godly when farming, especially in combination with Metalhead's flee on striking. The rest is pretty flexible, but key stats are crushing blow, high defense, VERY high IAS and FHR, procs on kill/striking, some reanimates (don't have to go close to overboard). -enemy cold res is optional but good in some some cases like bosses and phys immunes.

Most uberquests are pretty painful early on, especially without the black road challenge done. But all the early ones are perfectly possible to do like with all other chars, it just takes some creative thinking (had to kill the butcher with faerie fire  Laughing ). But I feel he can do Azmodan and Vizjun earlier than other chars though. But some like Bartuc and Akarat really makes you feel like deleting your char  Hitting a Wall .

The trick to doing Duncraig and other uberquests is being really confident with your char and knowing when and what to use crows on. Even with unlimited mana using crows isn't always the smartest thing to do, sometimes jumping on a lone monster once and taking a walk around the crowd with faerie fire does more miracles than spamming crows until your face gets mashed in. But as you get more IAS and defense you can start taking bigger and bigger risks. One of the safest strategies I use when farming duncraig/tran athulua is jumping on 1-4 monsters that I know can't protect themselves (Necromorbs I'm looking at you), start spamming crows on them and using the crows as a way to snowball through bigger crowds (like the Doppler effect with sound waves). Eventually you can jump straight into the room and blow it all up in couple seconds because the passive keeps regenerating you to full life from the snowball kills.

Pernkeb
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitriy Of on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:44 pm

3 items from set give you 40% str/20%dr so i use sword/shield/belt from this set. Early of destruction you can't tank any crowds so sword+shield seem only way for getting first charms. If you use TU gloves with mana on kill Lo rw in helm is decent offensive/defensive option. For boots - Megalith rw or some SU like akarat's trek(or any other with high defense/useful stats for TA/Toraja). With switch staff with 12druid skills/elixir of power you should hit 12k+ hp easy without any charms. For sockets i use Ohm crafted jewels with attck speed/fhr/good damage etc. With this setup you can farm most classic ubers but summoning ubers are very painful(finished most of them with 1-pointed RoF) and you surely fall with Fauzt/act 3 sewers and other mid/endgame ubers.

About butcher - i kill him in first try from single mana pulse hit. Noone from his 15-20 hits damaged me.

Dmitriy Of
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:58 pm

I played the Wolf untwinked until I finished Destruction + Black Road Challenge, but now I'm looking to simply slap good items on him (I won't be farming items from scratch). I have a couple of Sacred Uniques hanging in a big stash.

What would be you guys' Best-in-Slot for each item parts? Should I use a 2h sword or 1h+shield?

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 9oel on Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:47 pm

@Wulf wrote:I played the Wolf untwinked until I finished Destruction + Black Road Challenge, but now I'm looking to simply slap good items on him (I won't be farming items from scratch). I have a couple of Sacred Uniques hanging in a big stash.

What would be you guys' Best-in-Slot for each item parts? Should I use a 2h sword or 1h+shield?

I am not a werewolf player but i found a nice youtube video for you if you are rich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HQHRlyvpZ0

9oel
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pernkeb on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:03 am

It's a really hard question, it comes down to how you want to play. Some key things to consider are procs, mana management, path of flames and rainbow damage. Personally I've mostly ignored rainbow damage and instead focused on trying out different procs. I will try out path of flames in the future when I get hold of it somehow as I really enjoyed that skill on other chars. Another thing I might try is running community belt for the wolf stance since I don't really need mana pulse at the moment.

As for the 1h or 2h question I can't really say, I run mostly with 1h as it gives you more utility and item flexibility but I've had some success with 2h, namely Fogo De Sombra (insane IAS, strong reanimates and charm on attack)

Here's a subjective list of items for each slot:

Helm - Sky Spirit or Metalhead (Both are beasts, Sky Spirit might be better but I'm enjoying the flee on strike proc on Metalhead for the moment Very Happy)
Armor - Wyand's Fervor (This one might be controversial, but a strong offense is best defense and you can't deny the farming speed increase with this one)
Gloves - Hammerfist (25% chance for banish on kill is a strong snowballing tool and easily proc'ed)
Belt - I guess Nero or some cookie cutter belt like Dementia and Black Void
Boots - community boots (stats are tailored for this build and the proc alone is worth it)
Rings - no clue really, Assur's Bane for the undead bonus damage is neat for farming Duncraig and purifying his sorry ass
Amulet - Not gonna say anything here either, Witchmoon is a poor mans mana battery though

Won't make a statement on weapon/shield at this point either. I usually try out every sword I get my hands on and keep a couple set item swords in the stash to mixture with. As for shields I currently use the Stormflyer kite shield, standing in fire in Duncraig for enough mana to use Jitan's gate being the main selling point Very Happy

Pernkeb
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:43 pm

Hmmm... Wolf seems pretty weak lategame. Even with all that it seems underwhelming.

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pernkeb on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:22 pm

I guess it's hard to get insane output on a class with such a weird skillset, and path of flames isn't the flashiest skill in the game exactly.

I'd like to mention a one handed sword that caught me off guard and has performed beyond all expectations which is Aurumvorax. 25% slows target and blind on hit completely cripples anything the crows touch. Fairly easy to find and works wonders.

Pernkeb
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ibarc1 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:24 pm

Carsomyr sword dont question it, its amazing : )
sky spirit helm DR Proc
Wyand's Fervor armor, mana on striking is rly nice
lilith belt this is a farming char, 200%mf is awesome
rings not super important but im using bloodbond and a 3 skill neph kings. i think bmr is bis but thats way too expensive : )
gloves: im using facebreakers, but i think gulags or d touch or Lamha Na Draoithe are all better
boots im using clawfeet but knights grace is rly nice
ammy: 3 skill teganze waiting to be endless orbed (probably) is what im using.
i still need to test if teganze will be enough mana regen with nats armor when i get it, but this build can farm sewers, vizjun, fauzt, dunc, ta no problem at all.
500 sigs and all the quests and charms (almost) on my wolf so that helps aswell.
overall i think wolf is possibly the best endgame farmer. its basically a mix between a pouncezon and a javazon, but with 20k life and 400k def instead of block chance.

ibarc1
Razor Fur Titan

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum