Titan Quest

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Titan Quest

Post by Metalistas on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:51 am

I have installed this game and expansion. Started to explore the game a little bit. Since lack of time i made some sneaky tactics and have TQ installed at work too. This helped me alot with MXL since i was play SP then. I used to play at work and transfer my char home for further playing. Those were glorious days Smile
Got a few question regarding TQ, maybe some one more experience can give me answers or tips.
1. Can i transfer my chars from work PC to home PC ? I am using same install files, same code keys,etc. I googled a bit about it and most answers say i need some sort of program. Because while transfering you lose some upgrades and caravan ? not sure what that means, i am only in first areas of game.
2. I did some quests and my inventory got bigger. Will it get bigger in future more ?
3. I play melee char with fast weapon with some leach. But still i need a lot of potions. Is this normal ? So far i have choosen mostly passives from warfare - like dodge, ignore pain, battle rage. My main atack is onslaught. I will put more points in dual wield, but it seems a bit weak to start as main skill for now so i might keep it for later.
4. Right now i do all map scouting and find some caves. I try to do all side quests too. Is there way to know about sidequests while in game ? Does it give any hints or i need to search every single npc and every single corner of map ?

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Titan Quest

Post by GregMXL on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:08 pm

I'm also playing Immortal Throne and same with me regarding potions. I am a harbinger dual melee maxing battle rage and onslaught. Try TQ Vault. It's the same as PlugY. I am liking the game so far. I think you have to search every npc and follow the map.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrBlackZ on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:09 pm

@Metalistas wrote:4. Right now i do all map scouting and find some caves. I try to do all side quests too. Is there way to know about sidequests while in game ? Does it give any hints or i need to search every single npc and every single corner of map ?

Played this game long ago, so can't remember all the features, but I believe you have to search for npcs yourself, but iirc you often find them on your way doing main quests. Also, I believe the map is not so vast that you can't find them, and as you run and run to find the route to finish main quests, you hardly leave any nook and cranny, so don't worry Thumbs Up

MrBlackZ
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:51 pm

1. Yeah thats true. The caravan is basically a shared stash in game (I think you are first introduced to that npc in Delphi if playing unmodded). To transfer characters and avoid the whole defiler hax requirement, simply create a mule character(s) and scoop up the contents of the caravan with it. Then go to the My Documents/My games/TQIT/SaveData/main and copy and paste the relevant folders to the new pc.

2. Yeah by the end of Normal it will be maxed out with 3 extra bags.

3. It's normal for the warfare tree early on - because you basically have no aoe every time you pull a monster pack you will have to use a pot. Now it really depends if you wanna play dual wield or not and what mastery you chose along with your warfare. If the answer is yes, then you wanna rush mastery to 16 first and max out crosscut and then similarly tumult and pick up either dream or spirit masteries.

If you want to play with a shield then picking defence has some similarly nice aoe procs (and very end game does even more damage than dw) or picking hunting if you want to play with a spear will give you insanely high DA for endgame but you are mostly relying on war wind for aoe.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Thanks a lot Smile So basically if i have all items on my char + his own inventory transfering is safe ? I haven't used/seen the stash yet. Inventory is a little bit small and my inner hobo is dying since i pick only yellow items + pots + gold. But my inner OCD is blooming since i am sorting a lot Very Happy
I think i go dual wield as an old tradition of mine. Pick most 'barb-ish' char and use badass weapons to smash stuff. The spider caves (cleaning some water well) gave some nice spiky armors - similar to Sacred red set item:

How is important to use stats for dex/str ? I see at merc that gears have some requirements, so should i dump all points into them or can use some for hp ?

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:30 pm

I think if you go dual wield, strength and dex are the only two you really need to invest in.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:33 pm

There is a lot of nice art in the game, especially act 4 when you get there. And yes if you have not used the shared stash, then having all your items in inventory and just copying folders works fine.

Yellow items (aka magic) are mostly vendor trash unless it's an upgrade so don't feel too bad about selling them to mercs Very Happy The only thing I suggest you definitely hoard are monster charms and relics and arcane recipes because you will still need the stuff from normal to make the normal artefacts, which then combine with epic stuff to make epic artefacts etc. Nice thing about TQ is that inventory has auto-sort option which saves a lot of "tetris" playtime.

The way you stat in this game is pretty much go 1:1 str:dex throughout normal. The goal is to have enough of them to wear the most endgame gear and then dumping the rest into health (as it's mandatory for surviving on the highest difficulty). I think you want around 500str eventually (it boosts melee damage), but a lot of that you will get from skilling your masteries. Dex is nice too since it gives offensive ability (chance to hit + crit) and defensive ability (kind of like defence in median + also reduces chance for monsters to crit you), but you don't need that much of it - just enough to equip your weapons.

One piece of info you might need for later, is that say you have a crappy weapon and don't do enough damage and don't know where to farm: the idea is that you grind unique bosses which wield those weapons/armour you are interested in as they often spawn with rares +.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:40 pm

Since I know nothing about this game yet and am trying it out, and really liking it so far, is there a magic find stat? I like the realism of the boss dropping the actual gear and weapons they really use. Is it worth it to grind some bosses early game or better to just play as you go?

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:45 pm

How do you grind bosses in this game ? So far i just load the game and continue to next town. Then quit and go work/sleep/eat. I understand there are points whick work like save points - those shiny water fountains.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:47 pm

There's some bosses you can fight that are real close to the camp you're in. What I also like are that the vendors actually sell some really nice items if you can afford it.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum