Titan Quest

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Titan Quest

Post by suchbalance on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Nah Greg, no magic find and you are right posting in this thread has given me the crave to play some TQ too Very Happy

Earliest place that is worthwhile to grind are the Gorgons (doubly so for bow and spear users). There you are looking for green bracer drops - stonebinder cuffs - which are pretty much the best item for that slot in the game. They always spawn with at least +1 all skills (very strong in TQ for all characters, not just casters like in mxl) and then up to 2 random mods. If you get one with added attack speed or all resist then you will be using those bad boys until epic for sure.

Next worthwhile place is the A1 end boss run. This is more profitable for melee in general as there is a "mini"boss ( Twisted Evil ) just outside of the endboss who dual wields axes and so can drop some sweet weaponry.

Edit: the way you grind bosses is activating the nearest fountain to them then running there, killing them, and remaking the game.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:58 pm

Nice suchbalance! I fought that giant ogre dude that always drops a lame club and I need like 6 potions, dodge and run just to beat him. But his majestic chest gave me a decent item with blue stats that were useful. Can't wait to fight the dual wield boss and see what he drops for me. Me want those stonebinder cuffs! Razz
I really think this is as close to Diablo 2 as you can get. Although Kambala gave me a few alternatives to try as well. I will check those out too. I do want to try Grim Dawn but I don't wanna pay $25 for it unless I know it will be updated for sure.

Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:04 pm

Yeah, in all honesty the game is a lot better than vanilla d2. The only complaint I have for it is that combat is a bit clunky at the start - but once you pick up some levels and some attack speed it's much better.

And the modding scene for it is amazing as you actually have access to the developer tools and are not simply hacking your way around.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToApeiron on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:30 pm

I just started playing this game. It's quite good!

ToApeiron
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:39 am

@GregMXL wrote:I do want to try Grim Dawn but I don't wanna pay $25 for it unless I know it will be updated for sure.
Just wanted to let you know- Grim Dawn is pretty good, I've gone through all the content a few times and it does get updated pretty regularly, albeit slowly (one "big" patch every other month or so). It's been on sale quite a few times already, I think it was 50% off during the Steam Holiday Sale, so you can get it for pretty cheap.

It is exactly the same as Titan Quest, though, just with different skills, basically- so you are probably better off with TQ:IT and maybe a few mods, at least until Grim Dawn is out of beta and is a "real game".

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:50 am

1. Paths mod is a mod like a median to D2. Alot of interesting class skill design
2. Another one is xMod where you can multiply enemy mob or boss count.
3. TQDefiler is something plugy for TQ. I kinda dislike using much because... feel like a cheater. Use cautiously
4. Beware when transferring savefile. I lost couple of character when copy / paste between different pc.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:24 am

I have just come from a visit on Titan Quest.net forum, and when I arrived to Median site I keep on talking about Titan Quest, Lol

@Metalistas wrote:
3. I play melee char with fast weapon with some leach. But still i need a lot of potions. Is this normal ? So far i have choosen mostly passives from warfare - like dodge, ignore pain, battle rage. My main atack is onslaught. I will put more points in dual wield, but it seems a bit weak to start as main skill for now so i might keep it for later.

As the rest has already been answered, some tips about this:

The best way to solve health lost issues on your warrior is to look for a source of Attack damage converted to health bonus from your gear. You have a lot ways to get that bonus:

-A lot of weapons already count on it, not only blue and purple items but also green items with the right affix on it (not 100% sure, but iirc that suffix is called in the english version of the game "devouring").
-Use on your toon an artifact called soul shiver, whose formula dorps on normal diffiuclty act II.
-Enchant any greeen weapon with an Anubis Wrath relic (if you get one with the +%attack speed bonus that would be even greater).

And some other ways, but the ones included above are the most common ones.

Beware with that bonus: attack damage converted to health (ADCTH from here onward) is some kind of vitality damage, and thus, any monster with a high vitality damage resistance (mainly udeads and other non living creatures such as "constructos" and some others) will make you not getting attack damage converted to health when hitting it unless your toon counted on a way to reduce that resistance (for example, as you are playing a dual wielder (which for me is also the funniest option on TQ), you have some nice options there for your second mastery: spirit (so then, Deathchill aura will make you convert insane amounts of attack damage converted to health....or to inflict insane amounts of the different "vitality" damages included on the game), dream (trance of Wrath) or Storm (squall).

The good thing about ADCTH is that the higher you get on the game, the more effective it becomes, as your damage will keep on growing as you make your progress (in my case for example, that bonus isn´t a priority for me on early stages).

About attribute points: I disagree a little bit with what has been said by suchbalance.
Since my point of view, the better way to distributte attribute points on your warrior is the following: all of them to STR, unless the ones required to fulfill end game gear requirements. Or what is the same, thinking on the optimal gear for it, I would spend all of them on STR, once I had reached 385 points on DEX (i.e. the Dex neccesary to use a lengedary Stonebinder cuffs). Why?.

Since the point of view of Ofensive/defensive ability: Every point on Dex is equivalent to 1 point on each, which isn´t much, is it?. So the most effective way to increase both are looking for flat and porcentual bonuses given by the gear (in any case, if you are a newbie I would advice you to spend a little bit more on DEX for your toon to have a lower gear dependancy.....but not in the case of a warrior: On of the sinergies given by Onslaugh (the one called Hamstring), the primary attack given by Warfare mastery, makes you hit monster with no DA once the second hit has made impact on them, so then you will be inflicting critics all the way...and in any case your OA will be high enough to make the first hit make impact as your mastery already gives you a porcentual bonus of OA, and having in mind that you will spend some to fulfill Stonebinder cuffs, then you will have a good enough OA).

But I wouldn´t spend any single point on Health as general rule in any of my toons (just one exception here: if you ever level up a "harrower", then you can spend your attribute points on whatever you want, but just for an obvious reason, your main damage won´t be increased by attribute points, so then it doesn´t matter much where you spend them:

Two examples of these:

-My oracle (storm+spirit) using a staff of the harrowing:

-My Warlock (rogue+spirit) using a couple of rings of the smite:

But on the rest, spending points on health is unnecesary as what will keep you alive is ADCTH (and the more damage you will be inflicting, the more save your toon will be) and not the amount of life your toons has, which will be high enough when on end game without any need to spend points on that stat (and in any case you won´t get too much from spending points there: basically, 25 points per each att. point invested there which isn´t much).

@Greg: That is up to every one. But in my case, I would look for stonebindercuffs only in legendary (and I would, and in fact I do, look for them like mad once my toons is on the last difficulty). Stonebinder cuffs, as any other MI (monster infrequent) item on TQ (unlike the rest of the green items) count on "base" bonuses always on them, and then, as any other green item can have one or two affixes, and also can be enchanted with a relic/monster charm (a preffix+suffix in the best case).
Those fix bonuses keep on increasing along difficulties, so the later you get them, the better they are. Talking about stonebinder cuffs:

The chances to get them are the following:

Drops from gorgons (Act 1):

0.3984% - Quest Boss, Medusa
0.3984% - Quest Boss, Stheno
0.3984% - Quest Boss, Euryale
0.3981% - Profaner
0.3981% - Geomancer
0.3974% - Hero, Cenobia
0.3974% - Hero, Iolanthe

And lower on normal gorgons, so on average you will have to kill around 250 gorgons to get one of those...and if you want a good ones, for example with the alacrity suffix (+%attack speed), you will have to kill over 10,000 on average (if you want them to have prefix+suffix, like a hale (+%str,+%health) SBC of alacrity, prepare to spend a year or more killing gorgons like mad)

On normal, the base bonuses are: 15% elemental resistance, +1 to all skills (38 armor)
On epic, 20% elemental resit, +2 to all skills (165 armor)
and on legendary, 25% elemental resit, +3 to all skills (350 armor).

So considering the huge anount of gorgons you will have to kill on average to get once of those, I would save my bloodlust for killing gorgons for the last difficulty.

Last edited by TQer on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am

TQ, are you using some sorf of merc/summon in your fights ? Or is this the reanimate ?
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:08 pm

No, no mercenaries on TQ and no reanim either (....and as I wasn´t used to mercenaries form my TQ days, that´s why I still haven´t use those guys on Ultimative either).

Those are my minions!!!!. A difference with Diablo on the matter regarding minions: you can handle them, and use three different modes for them (aggresive, normal, and defensive). So you can get a lot of different uses from them. (you have less of them than on Diablo, but when being use wisely, they can give you a great help on many things).

So another advice, select the key you like most to handle your minions/pets, because they can give you a really nice support (hold the aggro, etc....).

For example, and as you are using right now a dual wielder. If you abuse of your pets, then your toon becomes almost immortal. look how my spellbreaker is "trolling" 12 Hades on M4ssboss3s mod using the support of his pet (the Liche King):

(when you see an little arrow over the pet on that video, is because I´m pressing the key to make him move to the spots where I want him to go)

TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:32 pm

Hmm, so you are using it for luring, tanking and everything else Smile It's like you play your char while your char plays a pet Very Happy Xzibit time ! I guess i have to pause melee necro today and give more time for Titan Quest.
Right now i am in 1st act? 3rd teleport town after a nice run on the beach. I explore everything so i run areas slowly. I like how map is made in this game, how it shows where you been. For boss part i just killed big one to end some siege and i found one unique monster in cave at beach. Only yellow items so far. But i sell a lot and have enough.
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum