y im using this one
mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Re: Titan Quest

Post by Borgin on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:55 pm

Oh, okay- 0.96 got linked earlier (and not 0.98) so I just wanted to make sure you were using 0.98. Smile

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Spoiler:

any build suggestions? and im still curious about stat placement. i have ridiculous mana issues right now. def+warfare gives zero mana, i wonder if i need to put some in ene. sounds rly weird but if theres not another solution... and in general, how ppl stat properly in this mod?
i did skill that mace passive recently, but still cant decent its animation. is that crap im using mace even? Thinking
mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:32 pm

I would max mastery + onslaught. Also i am using skill from defense mastery called Rally - instant heal + good passives like resists, speed, mp regen. Also from defense tree i maxed armor handling - lower str req + dmg absorb. From warfare tree - weapon training - gives more dmg and speed. Well maybe in this moded version skills differ a bit.

I am sure TQer will give you good advices soon. Prepare some drinks and your reading glasses Cool
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:56 pm

mahitovec wrote: i wonder if i need to put some in ene. sounds rly weird but if theres not another solution... and in general, how ppl stat properly in this mod?

Well, don´t know in the case of others, but it doesn´t sound weird to me at all. On vanilla game I would spend a few energy points on some mele builds too: the main example here would be the Warden (Denfense+Hunting) due to the high energy reserved from both auras, Art of the Hunt and Battle Awareness, that basically would leave you almost no mana left unless you had spent points on mana.
And I would include a conqueror, among others, in more or less, the same case too.

What I usually do to solve that is to spend all the attribute points given as reward by quest on mana, so at the end you would have increased your amount of energy by around 450 points (then an eventually the flat bonuses given by the gear will solve your mana issues).

And juts as Metalistas has pointed, Inspiration (sinergy of Rally) gives you a good enough flat mama regen bonus to decrease even more the blue potion dependancy of your toon.

About stat placement;  ideally the optimal way to spend them as general rule is just like it was on vanilla TQ for a mele toon: all of them to STR unless the ones necesary on DEX to fulfill equipment requirements.
But as you are new to the mod, to decrease gear dependany, just in case I would spend a few more on DEX: a rule of around 2:1 between STR/DEX should be enough.

And in general I agree with what Metalistas has said in his post: more or less, juts like it was on vanilla game, if your idea was to level up a conqueror I would had started focusing on Warfare first. As I said some pages ago, Defense is like good wine: it becomes better with time (basically on early stages it is not even wine but nothing more than grape juice).
On normal, what you might want to increase as sooner as possible is the damage your toon inflicts, and for that Warfare is awesome. Later it would be the time to take care of defenses.

In any case, have in mind a feature here of Soulvicier: unlike vanilla TQ, where even the most weirdest skill points distrubutions worked on normal difficulty (and even until mid epic) or focusing on skill trees instead of skills to count on more stat points, you have to be a little bit more careful on that matter, so as general rule it is better to focus on 1 mastery first until you had get the basic stuff, othewise you could have some problems at around the end of act II (you will see a little bit later that Aktaios, the telike you find on Egypt, is much more difficult than the version of it you found on vanilla game).

Just in case: here you can find the Soulvicier calculator, so this way you can have an idea on how the different skills scale when planning builds:

http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/46437-Soulvizier-Skill-Calculator

@Metalistas: LOL+cookie!!!! I almost fall from the chair laughting after reading the last sentence on your reply Very Happy

Edited:

Metalistas wrote:i maxed armor handling - lower str req + dmg absorb

This has remind me that still have pending to explain that part of TQ mechanics: damage absorption, damage resistance, and armor absorption, but once again as this post has become too long I will explain that on a later post.
TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:42 pm

TQer I am waiting for the time when you release an in-depth median guide. Please let it be soon so I have something to read for my retirement Clap Clap

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:02 am

Spoiler:
mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:41 pm

sadly thats axe but dmg is way too high to not to use that, mace passive gonna be wasted while using it tho

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by niqqa on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:40 pm

41K kills total and you're in Epic? I see you're not wasting any time ^^. I usually make it to 39K by the end of Greece in Normal if I lvl up a caster build, and ~20K if I lvl up anything else.
This mod is so much more fun than vanilla (couldn't stand the drag it was).

In case you're interested, here are some threads I've been checking on and off for info and tips:

niqqa
Moon Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:51 pm

yea, i didnt bother to rerun anything or farm any boss)) im usually not stopping until i feel really weak or get stuck completely. but im opening whole map though. or atleast 98% of it.
and thank you for links, gonna check them out for sure!
mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum