Titan Quest

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Titan Quest

Post by TQer on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:18 am

@Metalistas wrote:I should have used blue font

Ha,ha, no worries, Metalistas....actually whenever I see a replie written by "Metalistas", I prepare my blue font glasses, juts like I hardly recommend that when someone come across "TQer replies" should prepare his reading glasses and some drinks just in case Very Happy !!!.

So cookie as a small contribution to the casue of keeping Metalistas away from blue font Wink  .

@Pinball wrote:
I think I know you. You have an account with this avatar on Titanquest.net forum, I remembered you play Nature + Earth (miss the class name lol).

Hey, Pinball. Yeah that is probable: I am "Quique" on Titanquest.net forum (Juts out of curiosity: which nickname are you using there?)
TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinball on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:38 am

@TQer wrote:
@Pinball wrote:
I think I know you. You have an account with this avatar on Titanquest.net forum, I remembered you play Nature + Earth (miss the class name lol).

Hey, Pinball. Yeah that is probable: I am "Quique" on Titanquest.net forum (Juts out of curiosity: which nickname are you using there?)

Lol Ikr. I remember your avatar. I'm unholypal in that forum http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif. Hi Quique Bouncing Mr. Green

Is there new things about Titan Quest?
Pinball
Core Lord

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:30 pm

Thank you for support TQer. I just made to last difficulty on this game without mods. So far Typhon is the hardest part for me. As soon as i passed him everything went down very nicely. I still play dual wield, now i slowly switch my weapons from fast hiting swords to slower blunt weapons while using chances to stun enemies and leach life. Usually my fights begin with being surounded and hp going down but soon monsters start to die and on last enemy i get all my hp back up and continue to next area. Sad part i still don't remember most of the side quests and have to consult google all the times to be sure to not miss something good.

1. Any good ways to max out elemental resistances ? For other resistances i will get enough from Iron will. I am just worried about elemental ones. I have two rings and some relics in armor. Is it good to look for one type of resistance on single armor part and add same type of relic on it ? And to do same with other resistances ?

2. Which mod should i go for ? Will i need to make new char or can i transfer the old one ? I read about how to install mods and i think i have pretty good idea about it, but will try in practise as i get from work.
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Fri May 01, 2015 7:39 pm

1. Well, there are a lot of items that gives bonuses of elemental resistances, so if you see low resistances become a problem at some point, you can always make a stop on your progress and dedicate some time to farm.
Being a defender, you cna get a temporal increasment on your elemental resistances when being under the effect of rally if you spend some points on its last sinergy; Defiance.

About the rest: that is up to you, so do as you prefer. It doesn´t matter really because no matter how you do it the goal is the same: get a decently compensated toon on both sides: attack and defenses.

Even, if you are missing certain resistances at some point (and perhaps you will now that the penalty got once you get into legendary is applied) you cna always do the trick until you have get some items that had solved that problem, prepare 1 or two alternative gear to that increases that resistances: for example, bleeding resist+fire resist whne fighting against The Demonic Bull that appears on hte top of a mount on act III, poison resist whne fighting Arachne, etc...

About the resistances given by Iron Will, just in case a tip: all resistances included on Titan Quest are capped for our toon at a maximum level of 80% no matter if the stats´screen reflects that cap (like in the primary ones; fire, poison, pierce, etc..) or not (like in the secondary ones), so if the bonus given by Iron will goes beyond that 80% you cna remove some skill points from there if you find they would be better invested somewhere else.

2. That is gain up to you, Metalistas: it depends what you want to change in the game, like I said before:

-More monsters: a monster multiplier. If that were the case, do not worry about that: you can keep on using this toon with just, iirc, a single exception: the Uber Mod (but as still you don´t have much expericen with the game iirc, then I wouldn´t recommend you to use that mod for now).
The only thing you will have to do is to place the folder that contains the monster´s multiplier on hte following route on your computer:

Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\Custommaps
(if the forlder "Custommaps" doesn´t exit there, just creat eone with that name).

Later once you start the game, on the main menu all you have to do is select custom game, you will see there a column where you can select all the mods you had installed (x2; achilles mod, x max, Typhoon Mod, etc...), select there the one you want to use and that´s all.

Every time you restart the game you will have to do this, which in a certain sense is good because on some fights it might take some time to get used to the new increased spawn of monsters (the triple version of Typhon for example), so if you get stuck at some point you can pass that part using the normal game, and then reactivate the mod.

All the progress you have done is shared in both cases: normal game and modded game here.

-For other mods it depends, in any case the vast majority of these will make you have to restart with a new char for the things changed (masteries mainly):

-Mods that change masteries.
-Mod that change the map.
-Or mod that combine the effect of the previous: new maps+new masteries, etc...

What do you want to change of the game, Metalistas? If it were that case of the Masteries, like I said to Mahitovec some replies ago, I would give a go to Soulvicier.
TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sat May 02, 2015 8:20 am

Thank you, again. I leaning towards that Soulvicier. But will see how it goes soon.
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Sat May 02, 2015 12:05 pm

@Metalistas wrote:Thank you, again. I leaning towards that Soulvicier. But will see how it goes soon.

Hey, no worries Metalistas; a pleasure being of help.

By the way, as I wrotte the previous post in a hurry, I didn´t have time to mention you some important things regarding defenses for your current toon, as you are playing a Defender:

-Like I mention you some time ago, Shield block, now that you are on legendary can be an awesome help on the matter of resistances. Like I show you on the video of Quick Recovery I posted some time ago, that is an OP way on TQ to increase your resistances indirectly. As Defenders are able to block almost all (if you reach 100% block chace or almost all) always (if you reach a -100% recovery time on shields) incoming attacks (mele, projectiles based) with just the exception of the few AOE attacks included on the game, then your Defender will count on a "flat resist" (the flat value blocked said on the shield) agaist all damages that weren´t based on AOE attacks, no matter the damage type they belong to (physical, pierce, ice, fire etc....).
And this is an OP feature of the game if only because unlike resistances that are capped at a maximum value of 80%, blocked isn´t: if a shield says it blocks 733 damage that is the damage it will block, wit hall that it means: if your toon recieves an incoming attack of 700 points of pure fire damage; if the defensive strategy you have to face it is resistances, then always your toon will suffer in the best scenario a 20% of that attack, while if you were using block then your toon won´t be suffering damage at all in that case.

So yeah, if you see that your Conqueror is missing some resistances on a certain point of your progress, you cna always use a shield on switch to face that point.

-And also you count on Colossus form, that as you have seen on the description of the skill, it gives you another really good defensive bonus: Damage absorption.
Like I promised some replies ago here a few tips about some defensive concepts about TQ:

-Damage Absorption: this defensive support works against all type of damages suffered by your toon, and also works against all kind of attacks (AOE, mele, projectile based, etc...) and reduced the damage suffered by your toon porcentually, and unlike resistances isn´t capped, or what is the same, 100% damage absorption means complete inmunity....problem later is that you don´t have a way on TQ to reach a 100% on this unless with a skill of Earth Mastery calles Stone form, that is compesated with how that skill works (while under stone form you cannot do anything else (unless passive effects...which can be of really nice help on certain situations: for example iirc someone post here he had trubles fighting Barmanu with a Fire+Dream toon, because of the Blizzard that monsters cast that causes a ton of damage. Easy solution with that toon: stone form (100% damage absorption)+Trance of Empathy given by Dream Mastery (%damage reflected) and then your toon will be inmune completely to that attack thaks to stone form, while you keep the effect of Damage reflected as it is a passive result, wo what you get is that Barmanu kills itslef with its own high damage attack:

(my toon isn´t using there damage absorption but chance to dodge projectiles, but the effect is the same: Barmanu is killing himself due to the damage reflection of TOE...later if I have time I will record that fight with the stone form+damage reflected strategy to show it)

You can get damage absorption from not too many sources in the game, and also the game limits them to make it even harder to reach insanely amounts of damage absorption: thse different sources of damage aborption, instead of being added between them (for example if you were playing a Templar (defense+dream) then you will count on two from your masteries: 66% of colossus form and a +20% from Trance of Convalescence), they act between them as consecutive filters, i.e. one is applied after the other (in the case of a templar, instead on counting on a total 86% damage aborsption, if would be applied first the one given by Colossus(66%) and then the other (20%), so in practice he would be counting on around a total 72,8 damage absroption, which is still awesome, but not as good as a 86%.

-And finally damage resistance and armor aborption:

-Damage resistance is the resistance that works against physical damage (and only against physical damage: for example an spear is a weapon type that inflicts two kind of damages: physical one, and then as that weapon type counts on a piercing fraction, then it also inflicts piercing damage: so then two resistances will be taken into account there if your toon is hit by an spear: damage resistance, to reduce the physical part of the attack, and piercing one for the other type).
It isn´t reflected on the stat´s screen with the other resistances (ice, poison) so you have to calculate the one you have manually., and just like any other resistance this one is also capped at a maximum value of 80%.

-Armor aborption: the armor value protects your toon only from physical damage too, reducing that damage type with the flat value shown on each armor part your toon were using.
Have in mind a coplue of things here:

-The value that will work here to reduce the physical  is only the one of the armor piece that protects the part of the body it covers but not the others. Each part of the body has a chance to get hit if attack hits your toon: 40% torso, and then a 20% on each of the remaining parts (head, arms and legs).

-Armor value works only with a 66% of effectiveness (for example, you recieve a pure physical attack of 10, on your legs. You are using as boots an item that counts on an armor value of 10. The damage won´t be neutralized completely, but only on a 66%, so at the end your toon will suffer 3,3 points of damage).
This is the general rule, thta counts on an exception: the skill Armor Handling of defense mastery that increases that effectiveness (up to a total +100% at maximum level)

As always, my English sucks so not 100% sure if I have explained everything correctly, so if there were any doubt, feel free to ask.
TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by niqqa on Sat May 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Thank you for your thorough explanation TQer.
I guess I can share another cheesy way to deal with low resists (if we're at it). Scroll of Unbroken Fortitude will nullify all DoTs; lame but.. Razz

@TQer wrote:for example iirc someone post here he had trubles fighting Barmanu with a Fire+Dream toon, because of the Blizzard that monsters cast that causes a ton of damage.
I'm still learning the game so I wasn't aware of his abilities. As for Barmanu fight, Stun Resistance is much more important than anything. You can try to dodge everything, but if he stuns you and casts Blizzard, it's gg without Stun Resistance. I should have just skipped him as he's a part of a side-quest.

I'd recommend Soulvizier mod as well. It delivers a more balanced and rewarding gameplay, with less ways to cheese. Some of the things that are introduced in Soulvizier/Underlord:

• A few new skills for each mastery.
  • Reworked and rebalanced all masteries.
  • Souls with amazing attributes and oskills.
  • Forge/Mythical Formulas which grant items upon completion.
  • Hero monsters with new abilities and increased spawn rate.
  • Unique Champion monsters that drop new Charms.
  • Faster base speeds (very important IMO).

niqqa
Moon Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sat May 02, 2015 3:43 pm

Yep soulvizier is great. It retains the original map and all masteries (except brigand, which basically got overhauled and name changed), but balances them and introduces some new skills. Then you get a harder game, a bigger crafting system a few ubers and the nezeramonthias d2mod feature we all loved - the souls.

Not to mention it comes with fixed TQ bugs like the RNG seed (sometimes in vanilla you would get only the same type of items dropping or have the same stats spawn on greens for example, or not get a single blue/epic item in an act clear etc.), and like niqqa said much of the cheese has been removed. Such as the Haruspex, showcased in TQer's vid, being the most broken build in the game and achieving nearly 100% avoid relatively straitforwardly and many more.

Honestly it kind of sucks Metal that you did not start with it right away, because the gameplay is MUCH improved and the experience is so similar to the original that you would not have missed anything had you skipped it entirely.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Sat May 02, 2015 5:45 pm

@suchbalance wrote:
and like niqqa said much of the cheese has been removed. Such as the Haruspex, showcased in TQer's vid, being the most broken build in the game and achieving nearly 100% avoid relatively straitforwardly and many more.

Yep, entirely agree with what suchbalance is pointing there....and juts in case, that´s adding me more confussion about what "showcase" means ( I thopught that showcase is to show something challenging that is successfully overcome or so....so if that was the case that video is in the antipodes of that, as what is shown there couldn´t be easier).
Actually, the idea behind that video (with some others) was to highlight some time ago things that require balance in this game: for example, in my case I supported the idea of remaking a lot of mobs skills to convert them on AOE spells, because once you know which are AOE and which aren´t (and thus works as projectiles) you get some weird surprises.

Just as an anecdote, some time ago the Comunnity of Titan Quest were looking for ideas to make a balance patch to fix a lot of that things. Problems was that the people like me who wanted a change seemed a minority so all the things we put over the table were discarded to be included on a Fanpatch, if only because the people that makes fanpatches want that the result of their effort will be used my the more people the better, so after all the people that wanted those balances what did was to create their own mods, like Soulvicier, D2I, and some others.

Still, for what I read some time ago, the idea of a Balance Patch is still WIP, so who knows maybe one day we get it:

http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/forums/76-Balance-patch

In any case, as Metalistas was a new player, for me wasn´t a bad idea to give the game as it was released a go: after all at that point you are missing items and knowledge, so you still don´t know how to take the easy route...but yeah, once you know a couple of things or two, modding TQ is a must...after all is a game that born to be modded, and as Iron Lore died and couldn´t take care of balancing things by themselves, that "must" is even higher.

@Niqqa: Ha,ha: yeah, Barmanu after all is there to troll us the players of TQ (if a TQ player says that he never had died on that fight it would be just because he would be lying, or because he hadn´t still face that fight) . Actually I love the idea behind that boss and once I found Ultimative some time ago, and began to ply it that was among other reasons why I liked a lot it too, as Ultimative is plenty of "Barmanus" waiting there to troll us.
TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sat May 02, 2015 6:14 pm

I have 30 deaths in legendary act 1 - such shame. Honestly i think i died at least once at every new boss i met on my way. I would died more if not the OP pots - i became potaholic Smile And i still like the clean version of this game a lot. Right now i got basic knowledge how enemies work, what i usually need and with detailed reading materials from TQer - it's only pleasure to play and try out on practise the stuff i read.

Ok, i need some help with installing and launching mod. I made custommaps folder in my games\TQ - immortal throne and extracted 9.0 version. Then used two patches 9.6 and 9.8. Now i launch the game and in custom quest i get two options:
soulvizier ~ world01.map
soulvizier ~ diabloui.map
I tried both. Game practilly looks the same, just some minor graphical change on top right corner and maybe colours in char stat screen. And first quest to resque horse from wild animals was buged - npc not active. Did i do something wrong ? My screen looks like this:
Spoiler:

How to make game look like this:
Spoiler:

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum