Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Titan Quest

Post by TQer on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:55 am

Metalistas wrote:
Got question about atack speed. I am planing to use dual weapons and googled a lot about atack speeds but still dont understand few things. Correct me if i got it wrong:
1) using two weapons there is 50% chance to use 1 of them in simple atack (so i want them both to be fast speed)
2) using dual swing with both weapons speed is calculated how ? simple sum or sum divided by 2 ? (then i would need just to reach 200% IAS cap)
3) how to know the duration of skill timer ? can i decrease it ? For example battle standart:

Well, I´m probably the worst person to explain game mechanics in english, cause my english sucks!.

In any case, let´s see if these helps. Beware with some things shown on the descriptions of the game, as the wrods used there sometimes are inaccurate or confusing.
Keep in mind that what is called "% attack speed" on Titan Quest it is in fact two completely different things.

One is the weapon's speed, which is a simple flat base value around 0.3 (it will oscilate depending on the weapons, so that is why you will find on the description of each weapon speed the words slow, average, fast, etc...). For some reason it is just being displayed as a percentage in the player stats.
Everything else you find are % modifiers to this, which add and then increase that base as one would expect (for example, the fanpatch fixxes a thing about this: the expansion, among other things, included a new MI torso armor that can be dropped by Machae on act IV called Homados. On the description of that armor it was said that it gives a bonus of +10% of attack speed, but when you were using it your attack speed was always maxxed. The bug consisted precisely on this: althought the armor said that it gives a porceultual bonus (+10% attack speed), what it actually gave was a flat bonus of +10 attack speed, increasing by a lot the base value, and thus you always had your attack speed maxxed)

Iirc (once I had arrived home I will confirm you), when dual wielding the base value is averaged, and then that base value is increased by all the porcentual speed modifiers given by your skills and gear....in any case, do not worry much about this as it isn´t difficult at all to have a good enoguh attack speed once you had progress a a little bit more on the game. For normal difficulty, what you can always do is combine a fast (for example any sword) with a slow (any club).
Later, as you can get a lot of porcentual modifiers from your equipment slots (artifacts, relics used on weapons, etc....), attack speed won´t be a problem at all.

In any case, iirc this thread explains quite well some of the mechanics for dual wielders:

http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/37304-Dual-Wield-Explanation

About cooldowns: sooner or later you will find items with bonuses of -%recharge (there are quite a lot of posibilities here), that reduce the cooldown of skills porcentually....and yeah, you can reach a -100% recharge, so then you will always had your skills ready to be used whenever you want (in this case, you would have to take care of mana consumption problem with the different solutions given by the game, unless you want your toon to become an adict to blue potions).

But for now, I wouldn´t try to reach that bonus on your warrior: it won´t be necesary unless you were trying a non typical way to configure it (for example, if you are curious about this, I wrote a guide on the english forum of Titan Quest about a caster toon that uses warfare mastery for different reasons: a caster thane (warfare+storm). I did that guide as an "act by act" walktrough, so maybe you get from there some tips about where to get some nice items for a caster and solutions on how to solve energy consumption problem on Titan Quest if you evert want to play a caster toon on that game:

http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/45476-Quique-s-Guide-for-a-Thane/page3

TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:35 am

Good reading material Smile Thanks.
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:29 pm

Ah, dual wield. I love the sound when u proc one of the skill in the offense tree.

ZZZZZIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!

Especially when you have super fast attack.
I kinda remember that dual wield while weapon switching will cause some funny glitch.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:21 pm

Ok, i am lvl 19 and just sailed to Egypt Smile Here my knowledge of greek gods/myths stops. Fight with minotaur was fun but lasted only 1 duration of battle standart + few pots. I switched from shield + weapon and using 2 very fast blue swords - soul carvers. Seems like they drain my hp a little but dmg and other stuff is great. All in all i drink pots less, tank more and continue exploring further.
Questions:
1. Every first time after big fight with some boss i open the big shiny chest and i get 1 green or blue item. When i run it second time i get only gold ones. Is this normal or rng is hating me ?
2. Is there +xp items ? or is there some tactics to get xp faster than just by going to next act ? I do get good xp when i finish quests, so i figured i should always do them. But there are not many of them.
3. At this moment i got over 1mill coins and npc does not offer good stuff. Is there use for money ?
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:31 pm

From my past experience.

1. Isnt that just same with old d2? To discourage multiple boss run. However, act boss kinda drop much more decent loots though, so just run them (i forgot the name, but start with T).
2. There is couple exp stat on ... i believe blue item. So kinda tricky to get them. Anyway, i still thing farming green item + socket rune is best and easier. For act 1, i like to run the spring water cave, spider boss, cyclops boss, medusa sisters then the act boss.
3. Save it for later. There will be time to expand ur shared stash and mystic reset skills. Once awhile, i think npc will sell awesome jewellery that cost millions, so just be patience.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:44 pm

Yeah battle standard is the best skill in the Warfare tree by a mile. Especially once you skill its passive and it starts reducing enemy physical resistance.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:59 am

Metalistas wrote:
Questions:
1. Every first time after big fight with some boss i open the big shiny chest and i get 1 green or blue item. When i run it second time i get only gold ones. Is this normal or rng is hating me ?
2. Is there +xp items ? or is there some tactics to get xp faster than just by going to next act ? I do get good xp when i finish quests, so i figured i should always do them. But there are not many of them.
3. At this moment i got over 1mill coins and npc does not offer good stuff. Is there use for money ?

1. Well, after all that´s how more or less RNG works: sometimes you get tons of good items, and others no good drop. When the last thing happens, what you cna always do is exit the game, and restart it to see if you get a better "seed".

2. Yeah, there are some items that gives a porcentual increasment on XP bonuses, not only blue/pruple but also green  (even there are some shrines (You have already met several of these type, don´t you) that increases XP for a short time).
To name you the most common strategy used when looking for a huge increasement on XP: there is a prefix that can be found on necklaces called "Sacrificial" (not 100% sure of the name of the prefix on english but in any case you will recognize it for the bonuses it gives) that gives a huge +% experience bonus in exchange for a penalty on two stats: health  and health regeneration per second (You can counteract the negative effect, at least in part with some relics: ankh of Isis (can be found on act II and III) and viny growth (can be found on act III and IV).

3. beware with the merchants. Sometimes they sell awesome green items...and whey they do, you will be missing money as that items always cost a lot of gold.
(merchants on Titan Quest love Murphy´s law).
Also you will need tons of money to create artifacts...or even to buy scrolls. As I started playing Titan Quest on the pre-expansion times where there wasn´t scrolls (artifacts neither, but as they take only one more equipment slot and some of them are awesome it was easy to get use to them) I rarely use them, althought there are many situations where they can give you a great help. For example, once you had arrived to act III, you will meet on an area called Wusao Caves a type of enemy called Abysal Liche. While on vanilla game this enemy doesn´t seem particulary strong as its spawn on pairs or threes as much, when using a monster multiplayer, you will have to meet them in groups of around 16 of them, and as some of them (the ones of fire) cast stun spells, they can leave your dual wielder perma stunned until your toon had died quite easily on normal difficulty due to all the spells (including debuffs as plague or squall) and staff attacks hitting on him, as dual wielders often misses resistances for not using a shield. While with certain scrolls those groups can become a cake walk)
So yeah, keep that money, as once you had some arcane formulas on your inventory, you´ll be spending it quite fast in both things: to create the artifact and on scrolls (in both cases: to count on its eventual support, and also because scrolls are sometimes one of the ingredients required to create some artifacts) and also for the times you find good green items on shops (eventually, you will see some of those that cost over 1 thousand million gold coins!!!!!).
TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Yes i already met some shrines - battle mark shrine OP. Boars - OP, kentaur hunters - OP. Turtles - OP. Everything else i can kill Smile Now i am in dungeon and got surounded by 4 pharaon guards - had to exit before they raped me. Next time i use my luring tactis and kill them one on one.
Yes, i bought nice amulet with % to str, hp and vitality. For 300k gold when i had over 1 mill Very Happy GG ! Found my first recipe for artifact, to bad have only 1 ingredient for it.
Do the monsters that are spawned by obelisks give xp ? I notice i get xp when i destroy obelisk itself, but not sure about monsters. Might be good to level up without killing obelisks.
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum