Titan Quest

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Titan Quest

Post by TQer on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:28 pm

@Metalistas wrote:
Do the monsters that are spawned by obelisks give xp ? I notice i get xp when i destroy obelisk itself, but not sure about monsters. Might be good to level up without killing obelisks.

Yeah, the skelentons spawn by those canopies give exp too, so you can gain some levels using that way (as those skeletons always appear on the same spots, the only thing you have to is place your toon far enoguh from the canopy for not destrying it, and close enough to the point where once of those appear to kill at least one before it even have time to hit you).
As support: if you get a source good enough of -vitality resist, then you wouldn´t have any need to take care of drinking potions so you will gain all that exp for free (and the exp you can get doing that can be insane if you use +%exp gear)....but beware when abusing of that idea: iirc, once you spend some time doing it you will suffer quite an annoying lag).
In any case, I wouldn´t recommend you to do that: is quite a boring method, so in my case I would prefer to make some  bosses runs instead as in this case then you will be rewarded with the items that can be found on their chest/orb, some gorgon runs on minoan labyrinth to see if stonbinder cuffs want to drop for you, or on any other place where you can get some nice MI items: troglodites on act IV when looking for a club called Folg (and these kind on enemies give a really high amount of XP), anourans (on act IV) when looking for bramblewood bows, Melinoes on act IV when looking for khthonion spikes(+ofensive ability), mage tigermen on act III, when looking for Bai Hu cuirasses (-energy cost), mage Satyrs on act I when looking for staves of the magi (-recharge), golden skelentons on act II to get revenant items (on legendary each of this armor pieces, head, wrist, torso and legs) have a +2 to all skills on legendary as its base bonus), neanderthales on act III to get shamman items (-recharge), mirmidons on act IV to get unyielding will soldier shields, etc...

And now that you have reached the room under the Sphinx, where you get the hand of eternity,  just in case one of these days you decide to give any of the monster multipliers available a go: in a lot of cases the number of canopies that appear of that room where you have to kill that stone guardians is higher than the number of guardians (this happens for example on mod x max and in the vas majority of mod x...) , so remember there to exit the game once you have reached the closest rebirth fountain, i.e. the one you have found inside the Sphinx, get the hand of eternity on vanilla game, and then restart using the monster multiplier.

TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:23 am

Need some advice about artifacts. Where are the best areas to farm relics for making 3/3 and 5/5 . I am missing anubis wrath 1/3, google said i should run act2 Telkine boss. I did that 6-7 times, but no luck. Also boss himself summons 2 copies of himself and after some time copies die - i get xp, but i don't damage them, i only focus on main boss. Is that normal ?

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:17 pm

You are on your way to create a Soul Shiver artifact, don´t you?.

If I were guessing right, awesome choice as that artifact is great and you can keep on using it even when on end game until you were able to create a better choice (depending on your second mastery it could be one or another...but in any case you can keep that one as the end game artifact in a lot of cases).

Mmmm, some tips about relics and monster charms:

As you might have already seen, monster charms can only be dropped by certain mosters, so the way to get them is killing that kind of monster like mad.
Relics work different: basically they can be found in any place, enemies, bosses orbs, chests, rewards as main+side quests, etc....and each of those can be found on their "natural" act, and in the one that immediately follows: for example, egypt based relics like the one you are looking for can be found only on act II and on act III (and exception to this is the final boss of the game: that can drop all the relics of his act (i.e. the ones on act III and act IV) and also relics of the following act of the next difficulty (i.e. on normal, relics of epic act I; and on epic, relics of legendary act I)  .
So as you prefer, you can keep on killing Aktaios like mad, or keep on progressing as on act III you will have the chance to get it too....in any case, yeah, bosses orbs are the bestway to get a lot of different relics, so Aktaios´runs are one of the most recommended ways to get Anubis wraths pieces.

Now that were are talking about relics and monster charms, hope that this advice would be useful to you: this can be really useful in some cases, not when creating artifacts, but when socketing them on the gear used:

As you might have seen, both of them, Relics and moster charm gives a base bonus, and also a random completed bonus that is not always the same.
Depending on how you complete the relic you cna have a certain control on the completed relic bonus you will get:

-If you join the three pieces of the relic (or the five, in the case of a monster charm) one by one in your inventory, then you will get a random bonus among the ones available for that relic/monster charm (each of those bonuses avaialbe have a percentage to roll).

To name you an example about this: Anubis Wrath is quite a common relic used on weapons, if you weren´t avaialbe to get the ADCTH bonus from any other slot, as that relic count on that bonus as its base bonus.

And also it will give you one of the following random bonuses with the chance included next to each:

36 Life Leech over 3 Seconds (21,69%)
1-4 Fire Damage   (7,23%)
+50% Damage to Demons   (7,23%)
+50% Damage to Undead   (7,23%)
2-6 Damage   (7,23%)
5% Chance of stun for 2 seconds (21,69%)
24 Energy Leech over 3 Seconds   (2,41%)
42 Energy Leech over 3 Seconds   (4,82%)
33% Slower Attack for 3 seconds   (5,42%)
50% Slower Attack for 3 seconds   (0,60%)
+8% Attack Speed (14,46%)

-If you join an uncompleted relic/monster charm on the item, and then the remaining parts to complete it; in this case you will get what can be called the "standard" completed bonus.
Knowing this can be useful when the standard completed bonus is the one you are aiming.
To name you an example of this too:

-Incarnation of Herakles' Might is quite a common relic used on end game gear on archers and mele fighters because it is a great way to increase your two main damages: physical damage, and indirectly piercing one if you were using this last kind of damage too.

The legendary version of that relic (Incarnation) can come with the following completed bonuses:

+25% Damage   (6,74%)
40 Armor   (6,74%)
303 Reduce Armor for 3 seconds   (6,74% )
41% Pierce Resistance   (6,74%)
+65 Defensive Ability   (6,74%)
+450 Health (20,22%)
+15% Strength (20,22%)
5% Chance of stun for 3 seconds   (6,74%)
66% Slower Attack for 3 seconds   (5,62%)
+33 Strength   (6,74%)
+65 Offensive Ability   (6,74%)

Where in almost 100% cases, the +25% damage will be the desired one, althouth it isn´t the one that has a higher chance to appear.
As the +25% damage bonus is precisely the standar completed relic bonus of that relic; in this case when using this relic as socket filler on any of your armor parts, it is better to join first an uncompleted one on the item, and then the remaining part/parts, so this way you will have a 100% guarantee that you will get the +25% damage bonus.

(in any case, as my english sucks and I haven´t explained this part well, just tell me and I look for other more suitable words to explain it)

And now that you are about to create your first artifact, have in mind that the completed bonus will be found on artifacts too. For example this are the ones that can be found on Soul Shiver, with the chance to roll for each; so once you had created yours, it will come with its base bonuses (+13% Damage+; 13%Vitality Damage; 13 Vitality Damage; 13% of Attack Damage Converted to Health) and also with once among the following :

36 Life Leech over 3 Seconds (21,69%)
1-4 Fire Damage   (7,23%)
+50% Damage to Demons   (7,23%)
+50% Damage to Undead   (7,23%)
2-6 Damage   (7,23%)
5% Chance of stun for 2 seconds (21,69%)
24 Energy Leech over 3 Seconds  ( 2,41%)
42 Energy Leech over 3 Seconds   (4,82%)
33% Slower Attack for 3 seconds   (5,42%)
50% Slower Attack for 3 seconds   (0,60%)
+8% Attack Speed (14,46%)

TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:42 pm

I think i understand what you say, maybe because english is not my first language too Smile Yes, i noticed which monsters drop which relics and if i forget, i just use google search.
So far i only collect relics and make full ones, just for artifacts. And you are right again i want to make soul shiver Smile missing only anubi part.
Also i have found some set parts. Do full set give you aura like median ? Strangely enough but 98% of drops i get are with energy/casting, even merchant wants to sell me caster/mage stuff. I almost want to make a caster and see if merchant sells me melee stuff Very Happy That would be fun build, main char - warfare melee, alt char - caster shopper Smile

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:52 pm

@Metalistas wrote:Do full set give you aura like median ?

Well, no....whan you cna find in any case are some items that have his own aura: a staff called fingerbone of Boreas, that has a "snowy" aura that looks quite nice, others with fire effects, etc... You will see them little by little as you are making your progress through the game.

In any case: Forget about sets: in 100% of the cases it is better not to use a complete set, but only 1 part of some of them (Tracker´s Hood; archmage clasps, and a few some others).

By the way, and something I forgot to say some posts ago; this is Titancalc page:

http://www.titancalc.com/

There you can select your class (2 or single mastery), and share the skill point distribution you are currently using....so if any of you want some advices or just to share your build, that page is a fast way to do it (just fill the calc, and then publish the return link shown at the buttom of your titancalc, once you have complete it)

@Metalistas: ha,ha: yeah Murphy´s law all the way: Probably if you create that caster, then a lot of nice bows will be dropping for your toons Very Happy !!!!!!

TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Progress update: everything is going pretty well, mobs die fast, bosses die even faster. I start to feel some copy+paste feeling. Mobs are always 3 types - archers, melee and magical casters. Always go for casters first, ignore others, then take out strongest melee and archers for rest. Somehow this strategy works well for me, even though i am using only warfare mastery. When i maxed warfare, i am looking for next mastery. So far i put 1 pt in defense but i really thing about restating for nature - wolves. Unless there is some great aoe skill in defense that i can spam together with onslaught.
Some pictures with my items and build:
Spoiler:

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Your warrior looks great, Kudos!

About second mastery:

Defense is an awesome choice in my oppnion for a new player for a nice feature given by that mastery: no gear dependance at all for your toon to be as solid as a rock (with the crappiest white shield sold on the merchant of Helos on legendary difficulty your toon will make wonders when the mastery is being used in a right way).

Defense is like good wine: it becomes better with time: it doesn´t give anything too interesting for normal difficulty, it will start to shine at mid-late epic, and on legendary will make your toon become almost invinsible without any need of using OP items on it...you will see later, that some ranged enemies on act IV can be really annoying even in normal, and Defense would protect your toon well from them.

I´ve never made a video of any of my mele Defenders, and I don´t have too much free time at this moment to record one so I can´t promise, but maybe later I made one of a Conqueror as a way to take the rust out of my TQ toons.

In any case, Nature gives also nice things.

Some tips about the skill point distribution:

Counter attack and and crushing blow doesn´t worth the investment of points IMO (but keep 1 on battle rage as that skill is awesome for the +50% OA it gives), at least for now.
I would spend them on other skills: for example 1 pt on War wind, to count on a fast approaching skill, or even on the basic skill of battle standard, to increase the flat damage bonuses that skill gives...as at the end of act III you will have to face the fight against a tricky boss.

P.D.: and lucky you for that cartouche ring! Keep that one on your inventory/caravan just in case you decide to level up a caster and want to twink it a little bit to test it: that ring is awesome, and even can be used as part of your end game gear once in legendary.

TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:43 pm

Good job. Character is looking strong now. Looks like you might be playing the mods for Immortal Throne soon. I wanted to try out IT first and then do some mods but I just don't have the time right now. Neutral

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cracka08 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Back when TQ was new I spent probably 2ish years playing that game. It is def an awesome game, worthy of every bit of your time invested. Before I came back to median, I actually played TQ again for a few months. It's still awesome, last I heard it was taken over by some small studio when THQ was bought out and they were trying to set up a multiplayer server, not sure if that ever happened though.

Cracka08
Balrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:04 pm

@GregMXL wrote:I wanted to try out IT first and then do some mods but I just don't have the time right now. Neutral

What????? All my walls of text went for nothing!!!! Ha,ha: no worries, GregMXL: I´m pretty sure you and the rest of the staff of this site are quite busy with the release of a new forum at this moments (and by the way, my best wishes for the new site; keep up the good work Clap Clap !) . Later you will have all the time of the world to kick some asses on ancient Greece Thumbs Up

Meanwhile I leave this here, that hope could be of some help for the people that are playing here that awesome game:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/04wk4m

There you will find the Offline Equipment Database of Titan Quest, that is the equivalent of the docs on this site, that includes the list of all uniques of the game, the list of all Monster infrequent items, and the lists of completed bonuses for artifacts, relics and monster charms (in these two last cases, the completed bonus that appears in first place is the standard completed bonus I talked about on a previous post.

@Cracka08: yeah, after THQ went bankrupt, Nordic games adquired the rights of Titan Quest. I don´t know if they are interested on the developing of anything regarding TQ tough (the development of a TQ2 or whatever), and seing what other company has done with Sacred, I wouldn´t make much illusion, just in case (for now, I´m keeping en eye on Grim Dawn, as some of the people that took care of TQ are behind the development of that game).
About multiplayer, as gamespy who was the one giving support to TQ, shutdown too, at this moment the only way to play TQ on multiplayer is the usual ways: Hamachi, Gameranger, Tunngle, or any other similar tool

TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum