Short Questions Thread

Page 86 of 100 Previous  1 ... 44 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 93 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by chickenfeeder on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:39 am

3 Q's about multires:
- I just downloaded multires, i put the 4 files in my d2 directory and switched vid mode to directdraw (2d), but when I clicked the multiresgame an error message popped up saying "unable to load d2multires.dll", how can i fix this?
- If I use multires then I can't use plugy at the same time?
- Is there anything other than multires that can improve my d2 resolution?

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

Posts : 320
Country : Vietnam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by eef00747 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:55 am

How to do Ennead Challenge on XVc? Is there any documentation for that? Because [Class Charm] + any jewel → returns [Class Charm] with added bonuses doesnt work for me. Thanks

eef00747
Kill Rat

Posts : 1
Country : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by chickenfeeder on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:05 am

@eef00747 wrote:How to do Ennead Challenge on XVc? Is there any documentation for that? Because [Class Charm] + any jewel → returns [Class Charm] with added bonuses doesnt work for me. Thanks
well it worked for me, on XVc. Maybe u should check if ur lvl got pass 80 or not, or maybe wrong classcharm.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

Posts : 320
Country : Vietnam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Hybridreamer on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:45 pm

How high cold spell damage and -ecr should I be looking for when crafting for a caster druid?

I have a bunch of stuff crafted for him just no idea what the limits are for each piece.

Oh another question. I also don't know what base items I should be crafting. For example do I use a sash for the low strength requirement or do I use a plated belt for the high defense.

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

Posts : 247
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Warren1001 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:40 pm

@Hybridreamer wrote:How high cold spell damage and -ecr should I be looking for when crafting for a caster druid?

I have a bunch of stuff crafted for him just no idea what the limits are for each piece.

Oh another question.   I also don't know what base items I should be crafting.   For example do I use a sash for the low strength requirement or do I use a plated belt for the high defense.

-100 enemy [insert] resist is the norm, or -199 for heroic bosses. Otherwise you want as much spell damage as possible.
/e I realized you may have meant what stats you're looking for on each crafted item itself. Go to the Prefixes and Suffixes part of the documentation, go to the second calculator thing, and type in the item level. Then scroll farther down and click the drop down menu and choose which item you're crafting. Those are all the things that particular item can get, + whatever you get from the shrine itself and a shrine blessing.

It depends on your character, for a caster druid, I'd go with the highest gear you can wear. Like for Barbarians or Paladins with skills that give stats, I usually go for max. But characters that are dexterity-based like melee Sorceresses or Assassins, I typically go for the lowest. So the highest armor you can wear sounds good. Casters don't need that much defense as melee characters do since they stand back from the battle. That way they can spend more points into energy for spell damage (since most skills synergize from Energy) instead of strength.

/e2
@sslaci wrote:except caster druid which benefits most from strength Wink
If this is the case (haven't played a caster druid seriously before), then maybe more strength would help, which in result would allow you to wear better gear.


Last edited by Warren1001 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

Posts : 178
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by sslaci on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:42 pm

except caster druid which benefits most from strength Wink

sslaci
Spike Beast

Posts : 412
TGBest None
Country : United Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by cegha04 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:51 pm

I guess this would be the most appropriate place to post this. I am new here. I've played Median previously, though this was years ago. I had finally got around to resetting up a personal PvPgn & D2GS server for me and a few friends.

Anyways last night was first night of everything working. I had installed Median XL 2012 v005 from modsbylaz.vn.cz. In talking with one of my friends that follows Median mod more than me, he last night after we played for like 4-5 hours directed me to this website with a more up to date one.

So... now i'm trying to figure out since me and 2 other people played for about 5 hours last night if I can switch to this version of Median mod without corrupting or messing up our characters. Also through some small reading on this website, this patch needs a more complex install. Not just a d2_patch.mpq overwrite? Seems like a loader installs the patch & some other files for you?

If anyone can let me know if I can update without problems I would really appreciate it. As we would all like to play again tonight, but I don't want to advance our characters any further on the old mod if we will have to start fresh. Thanks!

cegha04
Fallen One

Posts : 2
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Hybridreamer on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:55 pm

I'm 99% sure that you're going to have to start fresh.

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

Posts : 247
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by GregMXL on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:56 pm

@chickenfeeder wrote:3 Q's about multires:
- I just downloaded multires, i put the 4 files in my d2 directory and switched vid mode to directdraw (2d), but when I clicked the multiresgame an error message popped up saying "unable to load d2multires.dll", how can i fix this?
- If I use multires then I can't use plugy at the same time?
- Is there anything other than multires that can improve my d2 resolution?
Try it with D2se. Always works for me. Make sure you're using patch 1.12a.

_____________________
We mortals are but shadows and dust, shadows and dust, Maximus!

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
Posts : 13835
TGBest Transferred
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by suchbalance on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:47 pm

@cegha04 wrote:I guess this would be the most appropriate place to post this. I am new here. I've played Median previously, though this was years ago. I had finally got around to resetting up a personal PvPgn & D2GS server for me and a few friends.

Anyways last night was first night of everything working. I had installed Median XL 2012 v005 from modsbylaz.vn.cz. In talking with one of my friends that follows Median mod more than me, he last night after we played for like 4-5 hours directed me to this website with a more up to date one.

So... now i'm trying to figure out since me and 2 other people played for about 5 hours last night if I can switch to this version of Median mod without corrupting or messing up our characters. Also through some small reading on this website, this patch needs a more complex install. Not just a d2_patch.mpq overwrite? Seems like a loader installs the patch & some other files for you?

If anyone can let me know if I can update without problems I would really appreciate it. As we would all like to play again tonight, but I don't want to advance our characters any further on the old mod if we will have to start fresh. Thanks!

You have to start fresh. You can install it with a .mpq overwrite as usual. That loader is just if you want to switch between d2 versions and unecessary.

suchbalance
Ethereal

Posts : 1083
TGBest Transferred
Country : United Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 86 of 100 Previous  1 ... 44 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 93 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum