Short Questions Thread

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Aspirine101 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:08 pm

@suchbalance wrote:Minimum. So you calculate (energy*enr_factor)/15000 = X. Then you check what is smaller, X or 200.

Then you replace min((energy*enr_factor)/15000,200) with the smaller number.
Oh, thank you very much!

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:36 am

If your attack was interrupted then your bonus of HP In Melee from BH or Hymn will not work, so you need 100% of uninterrupted attack bonus to always regain hp from your attacks with lonsim. And you get hp with deathgaze and iron spiral (tested and worked for me). Facepalm

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:04 pm

@Asteroth wrote:
there is no reset. 
what are you fighting? in what difficulty? what lvl is your BH...?
Fight anything harmful :v, hatred diff, BH 1 pt and a few pts from items, it gives me 350 losim.
@vadust wrote:If your attack was interrupted then your bonus of HP In Melee from BH or Hymn will not work, so you need 100% of uninterrupted attack bonus to always regain hp from your attacks with lonsim. And you get hp with deathgaze and iron spiral (tested and worked for me). Facepalm
Oh but i'm in hatred now so it's hard to think that non-uber monster can interrupt or stunlock me. I just kept my left mouse on 1 monster and saw my barb hit like a mad man but my hp still went down sometime. And it seems this only happens when i thought it would happen or in other words when i hope it wouldn't happen =)), like when i fight a boss. While I was farming mephisto for AC this ALWAYS happens, I need to steal life because p8 meph at that moment hit kinda hard but i couln't so i still had to drink pots :v Meph hits hard but he hits like 1 hit/2 sec, so i don't think he interrupting me is the reason here :v

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:28 pm

@vadust wrote: And you get hp with deathgaze and iron spiral (tested and worked for me). Facepalm

You can check the bugs and feedback thread. It may be just you, but for most people it doesn't work

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:57 pm

it doesn't work, it must be life leech that's healing him  Facepalm  Facepalm

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by usual on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:29 pm

any item suggestions for an unholy caster pally trying heroics?

so far i did triune with no problems (including the boss fight that was more fun than i remember, only got +2 pally charm tho. twice.), tried belial and could just barely scratch his life bar, he also seems to spam the lifedrain attack a lot.

after reading an old thread that suggested keeping him at a distance, i tried that, which made it easier to survive, but i still can't seem to get enough damage in before he instagibs me.
so far i've tried mind flay (22-26k dmg), hailstorm from an amulet (14-24k dmg) and flamestrike from sssu bonebreaker (13-16k dmg).

pally has 9,5k life, 350k def and 90% psn res (which doesn't matter all that much according to some post from marco from 2013).
smaxed mind flay, superbeast, tainted blood, blessed life, 1pts in all the other important skills and light influence tree, 4 in rapture, rest slayer.

i'm also looking to try astro, brachy and all the other ubers that i as of yet haven't tried/have terribly failed at, so any suggestions for those are also welcome.

is my dmg and life too low? do i need to git gud because everyone else can do those ubers with closed eyes and tied hands, maneuvering the mouse and hotkeys solely with their feet while playing a naked assassin? should i just give up and go back to playing hello kitty online?

any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance Salut

usual
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:44 pm

22-26k MF damage is average. Be sure you have socketed good jewels. Get Shamanka on-switch for the damage buff.
9,5k life is okay because you're not a melee char so you can stay afar from being hit in close range.
350k def for a caster - wait, what? Eh?
yeah, 90% poison resists doesn't help you against Belial's burn damage. Staying mobile, avoiding ratfinks and punishers is 50% of success. You can always escape via TP to restore your life from 1 to 9,5k.

The best of the best option against every heroic boss would be SSSU Chain Mail with T-stone oskill. Especially against BPR (he heals himself) and Astro.

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:18 pm

@Stealthmaster wrote:22-26k MF damage is average. Be sure you have socketed good jewels. Get Shamanka on-switch for the damage buff.
9,5k life is okay because you're not a melee char so you can stay afar from being hit in close range.
350k def for a caster - wait, what? Eh?
yeah, 90% poison resists doesn't help you against Belial's burn damage. Staying mobile, avoiding ratfinks and punishers is 50% of success. You can always escape via TP to restore your life from 1 to 9,5k.

The best of the best option against every heroic boss would be SSSU Chain Mail with T-stone oskill. Especially against BPR (he heals himself) and Astro.

tainted blood is OP like that. Plus he probably has a shield.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Suggesting Tstone to a UHC pally is like turning down a shag with an 8/10 tonight, for a shag with a 9/10 next month. Does not really make sense!

@usual I will refrain from doing a detailed answer on gear, because this topic has been addressed SO many times, most recently today in this very forum. Use the search function. You can do the heroics even as you are now provided you have at least -150% elr and meet the following skill checks:

*BPR - don't get hit by cows.

*Belial - roll a map with a solid middle. Summon boss accross river to get rid of ratfinks. Dodge burning nova with divine aparition around the middle. When you master this it is hard to die.

*QT - honorific gloves & boots with 120% light/fire/cold res, other space with dmg reduced by 2 MOs. Reach 95% light/fire/cold res.

*Astro - Darklings are really harmless to a pally. Don't kill statues and don't go in melee range of boss.

*Athulua - Hoplites can tank her for ages. Keep her at the edge of your scree, namelock & spam MF.

*Zorun Tzin - use map terrain to your advantage to remove ratfinks from the equation. (Kinda like belial, but has to be done constantly rather than once, boss is not as deadly but has way more hp).

*Kabraxis - come back with better gear.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:50 pm

@suchbalance wrote:other space with dmg reduced by 2 MOs

I don't think he needs them if he has Blessed Life Smile Anyway I will post something later when I wake up. Going to bed now.

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum