Fun with 'All is One'?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fun with 'All is One'?

Post by Ohmarinus on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:47 pm

So, I completed the All is One set, and am experimenting with different builds.

Logically, the builds I am making are fire-based builds. First off was the barbarian, with the set he got 2mill def (with Bearstance, Runemaster, 3 wolves and passive that adds Def when near wolves). I like barb a lot and really wanted to make the set 'work' with barb. The def and dmg reduc are great with All is One, but the set 'fixes' design choices considering gear and makes it hard to find versatility in gearing. Maybe a BloodHatred build will work with the set?...

Barb wasn't such a success, I was missing major dmg and didn't have the correct weapon yet to make a good functional fire build. Besides that he was lacking lifesteal and I couldn't decide on which offensive skills to use (melee obviously). So I went with Sword + Shield melee with earthquake and shower of rocks. Wasn't satisfied, so I moved on to Paladin.

Paladin, this one felt more logical, I made an unholy caster build that uses the set's skill as main attack spell, the paladin had pretty good stats, high dmg output and was very fast. So fast that I couldn't keep up with the mana drain. I used All is One in conjunction with Napalm Death weapon and some SU shield that wasn't that good sadly. I was pretty satisfied with the build, but the mana drain made it unplayable, even with almost all points pumped into energy. Besides that, the procs were not procced on kill, so the whole idea that I had in mind of the paladin being some kind of proc machine didn't work out. Maybe if I get a Sha'ad one day, I can make a cataclysm pally, that might be a nice combination with All is One, but I'm not sure.

On with Amazon. This was an idea I had for a longer time, All is One + Windforce bow + Hanabigami + 2x ring with +1 skills and ctc supernova on kill. This gives nice offensive capabilities, the bow can roll -100 enemy fire res, mine has -75%. With a few charms this was easily set to -200 for heroics. She uses wyrmshot to just pwn everything she sees. This works quite well, however, in levels like sewers I have not been able to farm succesfully, I had expected otherwise. The elementals don't die that fast and eventually still manage to hit my zon after a few minutes. The trap rat manages way better here, he tanks more, and crushing blow seems more effective here than the bowzons fire attacks, even if the bowzon way more distance to the target enemy, she dies way faster and does way less dmg. In Dtran she gets taken out too eventually, trap rat is way better here, he has maxblock and good phys dmg so it's just a tank walking around in Dtran.

I'm confused, as I had expected it to work better. I tried both paragon and SOV, SOV gave more survivability, paragon gave more dmg, but I'm low on -enemy poison res so it's not that functional and the SOV boosts life and ele dmg, so I chose for SOV in the end.

Next up will be Pouncezon, I have found many SU maiden pikes, and think this might be something suitable for the zon to play with, however, I'm not sure yet. Bowdruid also sounds like a good idea, I can use a zon bow, by adding 'Larzuks Roundshot' which adds STR dmg to any weapon you like.

What could be other good tips for the All is One set? I haven't ever had the set complete before, so I'm a bit in the dark as to what people have tried before and what works really well.

My traprat can farm TA/Sewers/Dfauzt pretty well, but all the other areas are not really for him. I would like to make a char that works well in Toraja so I can start to try and farm Sha'ad/Auhe/Krys or a char that can do specific ubers really well. I still have a big list of charms that I can't get now, like Sleep, Brachy, Astro, Belial, Startled Witch, etcetera.

I hope someone can help me with tips/advice. Enjoy the mod a lot, keep improving every day Smile
Right now I'm going to take a look at pouncezon, however I'm not sure if it's useful with All is One since pouncezon relies on HIGH life leech. Javazon might be another option, with Ashenwind and Danmaku maybe?

- ohmarinus

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fun with 'All is One'?

Post by nikolaipka on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:57 pm

Will shared me this set to test it on my melee necro. Also gave me Freakshow Su scythe (double mo+ITD) In combination with my elemental band adn BOSTK amy its epic fun in FZ. all around me reanimates shooting barrels, many procs and alot of fun.

nikolaipka
Fairy Witch

TGGood 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sslaci on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:03 pm

on bowdru with magma spitter bow its gg

sslaci
Spike Beast

TGBest None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Wildfire treewarden, this set must´ve been designed for this hulk. Also another good combo is unholy melee pally with black sun spear. Both sick heroic killers. Path of flames with 200 fire pierce - plague of Vietnam, early imperial Rome, London and so on..

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Alright, because I have tried a lot of different builds, but no Necro yet! I should look for a Freakshow Very Happy

Treewarden druid also seems cool, do you use the axe with Claw proc? I have an eth one...

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitriy Of on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:23 pm

I've try this set only on trap rat/unholy melee paladin and full set seem too weak for endgame choice - regular crafts/some runewords easily overshadow it. Partial bonuses are pretty useful(wolf stance mainly/dr from gloves/armor and pyroblast from gloves) but full set gives very average stats. Just use couple pieces from set for stats you need on cpecific chars.

Dmitriy Of
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:07 pm

I was thinking maybe get Apostasy, All is One and to make a fascinating shrine crafted shield.

Hope to get a shaad soon Smile

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:28 pm

Assassin. They win the game.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:56 pm

@Sexen wrote:Assassin. They win the game.

Haha, stop trolling Very Happy How would you play AIO with Assa?

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:23 am

On a bombsin based on immolation bomb why not?

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum